News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Points system, before it's too late

Started by BonzaiJoe, January 12, 2004, 10:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

When two pipsqueaks have the same time, like on the scoreboard now, they must not both get 11 points, but instead (11+8) / 2 = 9.5 points. Otherwise more points are put into the system, which is unfair for everyone above AND below the two drivers. With a points system like this, it is best for team mates if they have exactly the same time. Then they earn more points than if one if them had a better time, it makes no sense at all.
But we can't be quite sure.

BonzaiJoe

8)  = 8 ). So it says ( 11 + 8 ) / 2 = 9.5

Mingva

I agree. Or it can depend on time you sent rpl. E.g., pipsqueaks who sent rpl earlier must have advantage. And only if both sent on quiet days, they should gain points as BJ described.

zaqrack

okay, okay, but according to coding reasons BJ's method is much easier, but still a lot to work with, but I'll do of course.

Mingva

As such cases occurs not so often, maybe it's easier to correct points manualy? Anyway, thanx for improving scoring  :wink:

BonzaiJoe

I'd guess Mingva is right about that, but I don't know of course. And you don't have to worry about it yet, I just want to be sure we correct it before it's too late.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "BonzaiJoe"When two pipsqueaks have the same time, like on the scoreboard now, they must not both get 11 points, but instead ( 11+8 ) / 2 = 9.5 points. Otherwise more points are put into the system, which is unfair for everyone above AND below the two drivers. With a points system like this, it is best for team mates if they have exactly the same time. Then they earn more points than if one if them had a better time, it makes no sense at all.

I aggree.