News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Suggestion: Delayed Leading time calculation

Started by BonzaiJoe, January 13, 2004, 10:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

I am and have always been a big fan of leading time, as it secures that the race is alive during the whole month, and not just on the last day. But there is also a bad side of the LTB. It makes top drivers race their best in the beginning of the month, thereby making the top times on the scoreboard seem totally impossible and out of reach for newbies, thereby discouraging them to drive. I remember when I race the Kalpen competition in 2001, I was very excited because I could fight for the first place in the whole first half of the month, although I would end up 4th or 5th. So maybe an idea is to start leading time calculation 10 or 14 days into the month, so the scoreboard won't have to be completely unbelievable from the start.
But we can't be quite sure.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Or being on 2nd place of the scoreboard should also mean 0,5 hours of leading time/hour, and on 3rd place: 0,25 hours of leading time/hour.

But I would also support Jacky's idea.
Chürműű! :-)

917.47 km

CTG

Mingva

Akoss' mentioned idea was discussed and turned down (mostly by Argammon & Co.).

BonzaiJoe

Was it really? I thought it was a brilliant idea... and I thought the reason for its being turned down was that it was too hard to code in PHP. But I do remember Argammon complaining... but anyway my suggestion solves (partly) a different problem than Akoss', let's not have them mixed up.

Arg

Sorry folks but you completly got it wrong.
I didn't complain about that idea at all.(I even found it to be a good one)

Actually I didn't complain about anything I just suggested some things and gave the reason why I liked those ideas. And some of them are even implemented now.

BonzaiJoe

Well that's great, then let's implement Akoss Poo's (or whoever it was) idea for flexible and motivating Leading time calculation.

Mingva

Yep, maybe after exams, from next track, Zak could do it :) But then another situation can arise: in first week we'll have strong times not from 2-3 pipsqueaks like it's nowadays, but from 5-7 :shock:

BonzaiJoe

That's why I made my suggestion - delayed leading time.

alanrotoi

Great idea. If the competition is 20 days long it would be cool that leading time counter starts from day 10 :D

al il professore

take a look at last year, the same kids won the same points. stop the leading time, now, regardless the gourmandise of the kids.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

BonzaiJoe

And what does that have to do with keeping the race alive on more than the last day of the month?

al il professore

i truly think the leading time points only interested two persons last year and apparently didnt add any interest to the championship except for those two guys.

those drivers are not driven by these points. perhaps what you propose is relevant in a competition with more active people.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Argammon

Strange but on this point I have to agree with Alain :X

al il professore

:wink:

and its only an opinion, i will bow to the common choice of course. but i say it again: its funny to play for the points, and its funny for only two guys :)