News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Formula 1 in 2008

Started by Krys TOFF, October 22, 2007, 04:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Quote from: AbuRaf70 on February 04, 2008, 02:21:36 PM
Surprising the performance of the Team Bull Rosso, being first in the rehearsals, deferring anything less to the McLaren and other...   will they be able to stand out along the year...?
I think all teams didn't had the same amount of fuel in their cars, making the classification not really representative. This is always like that during tests sessions.

AbuRaf70

Very certain, Krys...  I agree with you, but that good it would be that a team as Bull Rosso is in the " fight ".
Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Krys TOFF on February 01, 2008, 12:51:01 AM
End of september 2008... Singapore... The very first F1 Grand Prix that will be raced during the night (local time) !
It seems now that Sepang race may also be raced during night (local time) for better TV audience in Europe since 2009.
Ecclestone now wants to force Australia to do the same, but it won't be as easy to convince Australian GP team as they are in F1 since much more time and so are less influenced by Bernie's wishes.

Chulk

Bye bye Ron! It seems McLaren Mercedes ceased Ron Dennis contract. Still to see who's coming.

Here in Spanish is Marca's official web.

OK, news about his replacement. It might be Martin Witmarsh, though I don't have any background info to add.

Only info I could find about Martin Witmarsh. He's McLaren CEO.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on February 26, 2008, 11:24:59 PM
Bye bye Ron! It seems McLaren Mercedes ceased Ron Dennis contract. Still to see who's coming.

The link says: Mercedes fired Ron Dennis from McLaren. It might as well read as "Mercedes fired McLaren from McLaren"... The transition to a full manufacturer team won't last much longer now, within maybe five years McLaren's name will be just history  :(

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on February 27, 2008, 03:37:02 AM
[...]Mercedes fired Ron Dennis from McLaren. It might as well read as "Mercedes fired McLaren from McLaren"... The transition to a full manufacturer team won't last much longer now, within maybe five years McLaren's name will be just history  :(

Quote from: CTG on January 06, 2008, 11:18:13 PM
Sad but true. ;D
;D ;D ;D

Krys TOFF

The new safety-car, based on SL 63 instead of CLK 63.

AbuRaf70

Realmente espectacular el nuevo auto de seguridad...

Really spectacular the new safety-car.

Krys TOFF

2008 season starts this night in Australia. 5 months break is way too long ::)
And don't forget to tip at F1Tipping. ;)

They all seem to smile, even Kimi (but he never was demonstrative).

Let's imagine what they could say :

Fernando : "Do you remember Lewis the fun we had last year ? Like, when I blocked you for your pitstop during qualifications ?"

Lewis : "That's right, and you lost the pole because of that ! ;D Do you remember too when you hit that wall at Fuji GP ? It was soooo fun !"

Fernando : "Yeah, sure, but the best was in China when you stayed on track during rain, loosing 8 seconds per lap, and finally crashed in the sand instead of changing your tyres ! I forgot to thanks Ron Dennis for his great strategy this day. ;D"

Kimi : "Keep it up this way for 2008 guys and I'll be champion again. ;)"

Krys TOFF

Why are Heiki's tyres with a black banner Lewis' ones are with a white one ? It should be opposite, no ? ;D

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: Krys TOFF on March 13, 2008, 12:38:22 PM
2008 season starts this night in Australia. 5 months break is way too long ::)
And don't forget to tip at F1Tipping. ;)

They all seem to smile, even Kimi (but he never was demonstrative).

Let's imagine what they could say :

Fernando : "Do you remember Lewis the fun we had last year ? Like, when I blocked you for your pitstop during qualifications ?"

Lewis : "That's right, and you lost the pole because of that ! ;D Do you remember too when you hit that wall at Fuji GP ? It was soooo fun !"

Fernando : "Yeah, sure, but the best was in China when you stayed on track during rain, loosing 8 seconds per lap, and finally crashed in the sand instead of changing your tyres ! I forgot to thanks Ron Dennis for his great strategy this day. ;D"

Kimi : "Keep it up this way for 2008 guys and I'll be champion again. ;)"

Nice dialogue!
But we can't be quite sure.

Chulk

Ron Dennis didn't leave McLaren Team after all... good for McLaren to stay as a team, bad for team reputation (Though I really hoped I'm mistaken here...)

AbuRaf70

En el desastroso y accidentado comienzo de la F1 2008, en Melbourne, quedó demostrado que el "control de tracción", que hacía que "pilotos mediocres" pasen a ser "buenos pilotos", ahora, en su ausencia, hace que "buenos pilotos" pasen a ser "mediocres", ya que creo, con la única excepción de Lewis Hamilton, todos los demás han  tenido problemas...

En cuanto a Ferrari (de la cual soy simpatizante), ha tenido un fin de semana para el olvido...

Y Honda, de la mano de Ros Brawn, pareciera que quiere volver a los primeros lugares...

In the disastrous one and accident victim beginning of the F1 2008, in Melbourne, it was demonstrated that the traction control" that made mediocre pilots to become good pilots", now, in their absence, he/she makes good pilots to become mediocre, since I believe, with the only exception of Lewis Hamilton, all the other ones have had problems... 

As for Ferrari (of which I am sympathetic), he/she has had one weekend for the forgetfulness... 

And Sling, of the hand of Ros Brawn, seemed that he/she wants to return to the first places...

BonzaiJoe

AbuRaf, the translator is so bad that I actually made more from reading the spanish text than the english :) Is there not a better one?
Anyway, you are probably right about traction control. Maybe it will take a long time for the drivers to get used to living without it. It was strange to have only 7 finishers! I was almost bored last year because there were always 16-18 finishers.
But we can't be quite sure.

AbuRaf70

Asi es Bonzai, coincido contigo...  cuando hay grandes cambios, por lo general les toma a los pilotos un tiempo prudencial, hasta que se acostumbran...
En cuanto a que terminaron solamente 7, recién me entero que lo descalificaron a Barrichello, lo cual baja en uno más las deserciones...

En cuanto a mi traductor, con éste me arreglo para leer lo que Uds. escriben... se nota que de español a inglés no anda tan bien...  por lo tanto, como Chulk también me lo hiciera notar, de ahora en más escribiré en castellano y Uds. lo traducirán...