News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts, soundblaster and Win ME...

Started by JTK, March 16, 2003, 02:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTK

Hi Folks... Does anybody know how to run Stunts with sound on Win ME? I have got a soundblaster live card, but somehow...

Oh by the way: No, I will NOT install an older version of Windows or DOS, it MUST work with ME.  :shock:

BonzaiJoe

Hi JTK! Welcome back! :D
You can run it with PC Speaker in any version of Windows, but in order to go with SoundBlaster, you need some program called VDMSound or something like that. I think we have talked about it before on this forum, in the previous thread called "Problem".
But we can't be quite sure.

zaqrack

once again, VDMSound is for winXP and win2000.
Stunts should work under winme with any SB compatible card, I know the Live is a bit messed up, but sure there are some compatibility programs shipped with it.
I promised I'll never use any SoundBlaster, so I don't, and so I can't help :(

In the worst case switch back to PC speaker, I still use that method, and love the sound :)

JTK

My problem is, that I only have to install the DOS drivers of my soundcard, but DOS is hidden in Win ME, e.g. there is no option while starting the computer to simply load DOS. But KHR still has a very old 30 MB harddisk and he will put MS Dos and Stunts on it and then install it on my machine and with a boot manager I can then start MS Dos directly and run Stunts with sound. Then I will enter the contest again, although maybe... I will try the pc speaker sound...  :?:

BonzaiJoe

I don't think the PC speaker sound is that bad, I've been using it for more than 1 and a half year...
But we can't be quite sure.

Doelloos

Welcome JTK !

i use pc speaker to  :D , it sound better then when i use vdmsound

cant even hear me crash with vdmsound...  :(
I Play stunts in a team.
I Play UT in a clan.
I Play ragnarok in a guild.
I Play GTA in every car :P

JTK

You guys are all right - but my pc speaker is not loud enough and I cannot hear the REAL racing sound...

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

JTK we still can't see your time...
Chürműű! :-)

1073.93 km

JTK

Yes, you're right. At the moment I'm not at home, next week I'll try. But believe me, one year of not racing kills ones skills... I have to exercise hard and will not reach the pro league at all. But it's all for the fun of it anyway  :D

CU, JTK

1073.93 km

Krys TOFF

So do I, with a KRH time also :wink:

JTK

...tell KHR. But I do not think he has the time...

KHR

Quote from: "JTK"...tell KHR. But I do not think he has the time...

uh oh, my name appeared :)=)

1. Well I ?m really looking forward get in my Indy again after moving to another city. I think I will take part at Zaks Contest.

2. Use SoundFX - it works better than VDM...

cu all , KHR

Getting better and better. Let's call the good old drivers back! I want to take revenge on Inavoeg!!!

1073.93 km

JTK

Inavoeg - is he still alive? And what about Mark Nailwood, our former champion? And Death Man...?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the title of the ZCT269 track, from ZakStunts season 2023?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview