News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Football Fanats 2014 - The year of World Cup

Started by CTG, December 06, 2013, 09:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which team will win World Cup 2014?

Argentina
2 (25%)
Brasil
2 (25%)
England
0 (0%)
Germany
3 (37.5%)
Italy
0 (0%)
Netherlands
1 (12.5%)
Portugal
0 (0%)
Spain
0 (0%)
none of these
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

alanrotoi

Well, european football is a big lie. Europeans have the business and the clubs but the most important players are from other continents.

BonzaiJoe

Well, there are some really important players in Europe from other continents (Messi, Neymar, Suárez, Aguëro, Marcelo, Oscar...), but it's not like there aren't any really important European players (Ronaldo, Robben, Ribéry, Ibrahimovic, Hazard, van Persie, Iniesta...)
But we can't be quite sure.

alanrotoi

There are important european players of course.

CTG

Poor performance from the gauchos... surprise in the air?

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: CTG on July 01, 2014, 06:35:16 PM
Poor performance from the gauchos... surprise in the air?

Moreover, Sliema Wanderers (MLT) - Ferencváros (HUN) 1-0 in half time, EL qualifier, Round 1...
UPDATE: finished 1-1, still a shame...

Other news: NB III East silver medalist Kazincbarcika stays in this division. NB III Centre silver medalist Szeged was chosen to play in NB II next season after NB III East champions Létavértes had failed to get a license.
Chürműű! :-)

1413.59 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on July 01, 2014, 06:38:31 PM
Moreover, Sliema Wanderers (MLT) - Ferencváros (HUN) 1-0 in half time, EL qualifier, Round 1...
UPDATE: finished 1-1, still a shame...

Sliema missed a penalty... :D

Ooooh, probably the best match so far on this World Cup! Belgium should have scored a third one.

1413.59 km

alanrotoi

So here we are:

Brazil vs Colombia
France vs Germany
Argentina vs Belgium
Netherlands vs Costa Rica.

Any public tip?

CTG

I'm pretty sure about NED and ARG victory. The other two is difficult to predict... FRA vs GER seems to be quite balanced, while Brasil will be helped by the refrees versus the stronger (!) Colombian team.

Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Netherlands.

(I hope: France, Belgium, Netherlands, who the fúck cares...)

1413.59 km

Usrin

It might not have been easy to watch ARG-SUI as the only Argentinian in a room full with armed Swiss!  ::)

Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on July 02, 2014, 09:08:32 AM
who the fúck cares...

Me. Colombia plays a great football at this world cup, while Brazil is only suffering.

I hope: Colombia, Germany, Belgium, Costa Rica
Predict: Brazil, France, Argentina, Netherlands

CTG

Quote from: Usrin on July 02, 2014, 09:14:01 AM
It might not have been easy to watch ARG-SUI as the only Argentinian in a room full with armed Swiss!  ::)

But he's the boss. ;D

alanrotoi

My bet:
Brazil
Germany
Argentina
Netherlands

I hope:
Colombia
Germany
Argentina
Netherlads (only because I want to play and win against them, but I have sympathy for Costa Rica)

CTG

Power rankings, based on the last 4 matches of each teams:

1 Netherlands - they score whenever they need it... ::)
2 Colombia - strong team unit, excellent strikers
3 France - they can dominate the match against any rivals, but they aren't really effective in scoring
4 Germany - if we don't count the POR match, they don't seem to be convincing. Sometimes the pie was hot even against Algeria...
5 Brazil - suffering... Gaymar Neymar alone is not enough to win the World Cup. However, Neymar+luck+refrees can result a trophy.
6 Belgium - so, the high expectations were right: they are pretty good, playing enjoyable games - but they did not meet any serious opponents so far (that's why they are "only" 6th)
7 Argentina - the same as for Brazil, just with Messi (and they won't be pushed by FIFA). One more thing: Brazil's group was significantly stronger...
8 Costa Rica - great defending, but whatever they did versus Italy and Uruguay, they don't seem to be in the same weight with any of the other 7 teams