News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Football Fanats 2008

Started by CTG, January 06, 2008, 01:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

UEFA Cup qualifications, 1st round:

Györi ETO FC - FK Zestaponi 1-1 (0-1)

Disappointing preformance, thanks for the "great" players bought lately... That sucks! I predict Zestaponi victory for the re-match (3-1).

At least Hungary beated Spain at U19 Euro Cup (1-0), we are probably in the semi-finals with this (and qualified to the next year U20 world cup). Biggest success of Hungarian football in the last 10-15 years!

CTG

Today:

Szombathelyi Haladás (HUN) vs Arsenal FC ;D

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on July 22, 2008, 02:13:33 AM
Today:

Expected result : 0-10 :D

CTG

Quote from: Krys TOFF on July 22, 2008, 01:16:37 PM
Quote from: CTG on July 22, 2008, 02:13:33 AM
Today:

Expected result : 0-10 :D

Expected result: 1-4

It's a friendly match so maybe even less... Realistic difference is about 5 goals.

Edit: 1-0 for Haladás in the 32nd minute! LOL!

Arsenal started with: Almunia - Sagna, Wilshire, Vela, Ramsey, G. Hoyte, Clichy, Denilson, J. Hoyte, Wallcott, Bendtner

Edit #2: Wallcott equalized in 41st minute, 1-1

Edit #3: FULL TIME: 1-1!!! It was a damned boring match with high ball possession from Arsenal.

Few days ago: Zalaegerszegi TE - SSC Napoli 1-1 (not the best result of ZTE - they beated Manchester United in 2002 ;D)

CTG

Quote from: CTG on July 17, 2008, 10:00:37 PM
UEFA Cup qualifications, 1st round:

Györi ETO FC - FK Zestaponi 1-1 (0-1)

Disappointing preformance, thanks for the "great" players bought lately... That sucks! I predict Zestaponi victory for the re-match (3-1).

Re-match:

FK Zestaponi - Györi ETO FC 1-2 (0-0), survived...

Today: draw of the second qualification round. Possible opponents are VfB Stuttgart (GER, no please), FC Zürich (SUI), Grasshoppers (SUI), Liberec (CZE), Vaslui (ROM).

CTG

F U C K  ! ! !

VfB Stuttgart vs Györi ETO FC...

BonzaiJoe

Don't worry, it's alright....

...They would have lost to all the other teams as well  :)
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on August 01, 2008, 05:13:18 PM
Don't worry, it's alright....

...They would have lost to all the other teams as well  :)

Don't be so sure. Anyway where's Arhus team? :P

BonzaiJoe

I thought there would be something written in that big gap!

Well, we're not so close to the UEFA cup, but of course that's because we're not playing in a crappy league like the Hungarian one :P
After 2 rounds, AGF has 3 points, at 6th place. It's been a while since our last UEFA cup game. I think it was in 1997 sometime :) AGF lost to Olympija Ljubljana... But the year before, we beat Újpest and Nantes to get to the 1/16 final, where we were very unlucky to lose vs Twente (but to be fair, we were really really lucky to win vs Nantes.).

Yes, it was long ago...

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on August 01, 2008, 05:22:45 PM
we're not playing in a crappy league like the Hungarian one :P

Danish first class is not very strong, it's rather close to the Hungarian level.

CTG

UEFA coefficients of Denmark and Hungary in international cups (year to year between 2004 and 2008):

Denmark   4.200, 1.500, 3.500, 6.125 ,5.125
Hungary 4.833, 4.166, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000

We had 3 crappy years, current one is already stronger than the last three.

BonzaiJoe

Well, let's see if AaB (will play Glasgow Rangers for CL qualification), FC København, Brøndby, FC Midtjylland and FC Nordsjælland (at UEFA qualification 2nd round, FCM will have a hard time vs Manchester City, but the others have 50%+ chances of winning) can do something about that :)

(actually I don't like these teams, I'm only pretending to like them when they play in international tournaments :))

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on August 01, 2008, 06:09:19 PM
(actually I don't like these teams, I'm only pretending to like them when they play in international tournaments :))

A bit similar situation between me and Debrecen. But at least I don't pretend: simply cheer for their opponents. ;D

BonzaiJoe

Well, FBK Kaunas from Mingvaland surprisingly eliminated Glasgow Rangers, so now there's a really good chance of a Danish team in the Champions League this year...

Usrin

Oh no, I've missed the most important match of the weekend! But at least I'm contented with the result. ;)

NB II, Group East, 1st round:
Kazincbarcika - Szolnok 1-2
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.