News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Sports 2008-

Started by CTG, April 20, 2008, 11:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

How did Slovakia get into the relegation group?  :o They should be candidates for winning the championship...
As for Denmark, we have now lost against Russia, Czech Republic and Sweden - probably 3 of the 4 best teams (Canada being the 4th) in this world cup. I think it's still hard to say how strong our team is. The next games vs Switzerland and Belarus will show. They will be difficult, but not impossible for us. If we lose them, I still think we can beat Norway and be 11th.
But we can't be quite sure.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Denmark-Switzerland 0-2 after just 4 minutes
Chürműű! :-)

1127.91 km

7-2 in the end. Switzerland outclassed Denmark, and will probably start the playoffs as 3rd place team in main round group. Sweden has to beat Czech Rep. with only 4 defenders remaining (the other 2 were involved in the fight in Russia, and they get a match ban) in regular time. If they do, quarter finals will be: Russia-Switzerland, Sweden-Czech Rep. If the Czechs earn a point, then: Russia-Sweden, Czech Rep.-Switzerland.

In the other group, now the Finland-USA match is probably for the second place in the group. USA can get knocked out if the lose against Finland and Norway in regular time, I would like to see this version very much. If Norway doesn't beat USA, they wouldn't get qualified, and Latvia would go though instead of them.

1127.91 km

CTG

Male handball, Champions League:

THW Kiel - Ciudad Real 25-31 (13-15)

Ciudad won with sum 58-54. JTK must be really drunk now...

BonzaiJoe

Okay Denmark was not on the same level as Switzerland, and will probably also have problems vs Belarus. We'll see next year :) Now, who to support in the following games...

CTG

Support to PHILADELPHIA FLYERS versus the luckily drafted asshole team of pittsburgh! :D

BonzaiJoe

Buuuuut, we won against Belarus! yay!  Still last place in the group I guess, but I think we shouldn't be too ashamed of having lost vs. Czech Republic, Russia, Sweden and Switzerland, and beaten Italy and Belarus. So the quarter finals will be Russia - Switzerland, Czech Republic - Sweden, Finland - USA and Canada - Norway (did Norway really scrape into the quarterfinals!?). It's always the same, the six giants joined by two aspiring teams, in this case Switzerland and Norway, sometimes Slovakia or Germany, sometimes Belarus, hopefully someday Denmark :)

CTG

After this point I don't care about NHL... :P

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on May 13, 2008, 07:52:54 PM
Buuuuut, we won against Belarus! yay!  Still last place in the group I guess, but I think we shouldn't be too ashamed of having lost vs. Czech Republic, Russia, Sweden and Switzerland, and beaten Italy and Belarus. So the quarter finals will be Russia - Switzerland, Czech Republic - Sweden, Finland - USA and Canada - Norway (did Norway really scrape into the quarterfinals!?). It's always the same, the six giants joined by two aspiring teams, in this case Switzerland and Norway, sometimes Slovakia or Germany, sometimes Belarus, hopefully someday Denmark :)

I think there are seven giants: Slovakia is a giant, too, but this year they brought a very shameful result (Team USA was also involved in the relegation round once, in 2003). In my opinion, if each team is coming with their best team, the strength order is the following:

1 Sweden
2 Russia
3 Canada
(gap)
4 Finland
5 Czech Republic
6 Slovakia
7 USA
(big gap)
8 Switzerland
9 Belarus
(small gap)
10 Germany
11 Latvia
(gap)
12 Norway
13 Denmark
14 Slovenia
15 Austria
16 Ukraine
17 Kazakhstan
18 Italy
19 France
20 Hungary
21 Japan
22 Poland
(gap)
23 Estonia
24 Great Britain
25 Lithuania
26 Romania
27 Croatia
28 Netherlands
(gap)
29 China
30 South Korea

1127.91 km

The Pittsburgh Penguins are on a really hot streak: this year, those young players really became a mature and strong team, a real contender for the Stanley Cup. They are 11-1 in the playoffs, only one victory away from sweeping the lame Philadelphia Flyers, and with that, the dream final against the Detroit Red Wings, where several players from the great Tre Kronor Swedish National Team play.

East Conference Finals:

Pittsburgh-Philadelphia 4-2
Pittsburgh-Philadelphia 4-2
Philadelphia-Pittsburgh 1-4

CTG's big mouth seems to be completely disappeared, ain't it?   ;D

1127.91 km

Chulk

FC Zenit St. Petersburg is the new UEFA Cu Champion! I cheared for them as Glasgow Rangers didn't play offesively along the entire cup. How long will Arshavin stay in Zenit? Not much I guess...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: Akoss Poo on May 15, 2008, 03:56:55 PM
Quote from: BonzaiJoe on May 13, 2008, 07:52:54 PM

I think there are seven giants: Slovakia is a giant, too, but this year they brought a very shameful result (Team USA was also involved in the relegation round once, in 2003). In my opinion, if each team is coming with their best team, the strength order is the following:

1 Sweden
2 Russia
3 Canada
(gap)
4 Finland
5 Czech Republic
6 Slovakia
7 USA
(big gap)
8 Switzerland
9 Belarus
(small gap)
10 Germany
11 Latvia
(gap)
12 Norway
13 Denmark
14 Slovenia
15 Austria
16 Ukraine
17 Kazakhstan
18 Italy
19 France
20 Hungary
21 Japan
22 Poland
(gap)
23 Estonia
24 Great Britain
25 Lithuania
26 Romania
27 Croatia
28 Netherlands
(gap)
29 China
30 South Korea

I think the list is okay, but you are underestimating Canada. I think they are the strongest of all the teams, and will also win this championship.

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on May 15, 2008, 09:32:06 PM
FC Zenit St. Petersburg is the new UEFA Cu Champion! I cheared for them as Glasgow Rangers didn't play offesively along the entire cup. How long will Arshavin stay in Zenit? Not much I guess...

Didn't saw any of UEFA cup, but a friend told me Rangers played like an European Once Caldas (remember Libertadores 2004...). Therefore, cheers for Zenit! :)

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on May 16, 2008, 12:31:25 AM
Quote from: Chulk on May 15, 2008, 09:32:06 PM

Didn't saw any of UEFA cup, but a friend told me Rangers played like an European Once Caldas (remember Libertadores 2004...). Therefore, cheers for Zenit! :)
Exactly!!!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Poor Canada (RUS-CAN 5-4 OT)! I wonder what would happen if Crosby and Malkin are playing in the World Cup final instead of PHI-PIT conference final in NHL... (which is quite a knockout at the moment, 6-0 for motherfucker penguins 3 minutes before the end; 4-1 victory in overall)