News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Be failed

Started by CTG, January 20, 2004, 08:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

why ITK? there are many more language exams out there that are actually useful.

CTG

You need two language exams for the PhD. The first one should be English (mid-level; completed several years ago and now I'm even worse than basic level) and the other one can be even a basic level. ITK seemed to be the easiest way for me. But I also want to pass medium level this year - not in ITK, but ÖSD or TELC.

CTG

Semi-official results from ITK's website:

Oral exam: 51/60 (18/20 from "Hörverstehen")
Written part: 50/50 (maybe it's a false result)

zaqrack

so basically you could have gone for the medium-level after all. congratulations!

Usrin

Quote from: CTG on January 27, 2012, 02:37:45 PM
Written part: 50/50 (maybe it's a false result)

Maybe a false result. Or maybe you're the greatest stréber the world has ever seen. ;D Btw, congratulations!
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

Only "alapfok", but thanks.

JTK

Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

BonzaiJoe

Now is my time to either be failed or be graduated. Several years after most of you guys, I just handed in my MA thesis yesterday, after a long period of not being human or having a social life. Freedom feels weird.
But we can't be quite sure.

zaqrack

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on August 08, 2012, 04:06:42 PM
Now is my time to either be failed or be graduated. Several years after most of you guys, I just handed in my MA thesis yesterday, after a long period of not being human or having a social life. Freedom feels weird.

What's next? Finding a job?

BonzaiJoe

Yes. Right now I'm suspended between studying and being included in the 'workforce'. I just found the job I want. Now to try and get it... It will be difficult because it's a tough job market situation here just like everywhere else in Europe except Norway.

zaqrack

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on August 10, 2012, 02:27:41 PM
what kind of job? :)

In Hungary I would predict McDonalds for an ELTE BTK student. In Denmark... probably their degrees at different art faculties are a lot more valuable than here.

Let me guess: you will work in the university.

BonzaiJoe

It's a city planning job. I'm against most city planning, so I want to take the job of a city planner and then sit down and do nothing and leave it to the citizens to shape their own city :-)

It's what I wrote my thesis about, I know quite a lot about it and have made 'city life' projects. Also, there are three open spots, not just one (which would probably be filled by an architect), so there should be room for a Modern Culture major like me.

BonzaiJoe