News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Politics around the world

Started by CTG, November 17, 2006, 11:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somehow I think Obama won't be a president for a long time. What do you think?

He'll be the president for 8 years.
7 (31.8%)
He'll be the president for 4 years.
7 (31.8%)
He'll fail earlier because of the economical crisis.
1 (4.5%)
He'll be murdered earlier by terrorists/Ku Klux Klan/McCain/Hillary Clinton :D
7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

alanrotoi

CTG

Third world: yes
Always neutral cowards: n/a
Big fishes and their asslickers (Hungary): no

(btw what was that?)

BonzaiJoe

Not a single European country voted in favour. But what would be the implications of if this was passed?
But we can't be quite sure.

alanrotoi

It's on the screen: "...establishment of a multilateral legal framework for sovereign debt restructuring processes".

Those who has that "business" and their minions voted No. Those who say "I like to suck your dick everyday but that business may hurt me a lot" abstained. And those who say "I suck your dick everyday but that business IS killing me" voted Yes.

Only abstinence of France was a surprise for me.

PS: when I say "minions" or "dick suckers" I mean politicians and governments not the people. I make it clear just in case you don't understand my Tarzanenglish :D

BonzaiJoe

Well, yes, it's on the screen, but sadly I don't really know what a "sovereign debt restructuring process" is  :(

Usrin

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on September 10, 2014, 09:16:20 PM
Well, yes, it's on the screen, but sadly I don't really know what a "sovereign debt restructuring process" is  :(

I understand it this way: "states don't have to pay back the money they borrowed, if they don't want".
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

alanrotoi

Quote from: Usrin on September 10, 2014, 10:02:53 PMI understand it this way: "states don't have to pay back the money they borrowed, if they don't want".

Do you really think that UN would ever make a votation about something that stupid?

CTG

Do you support the independence of Scotland?

(I guess they will stay in the UK.)

BonzaiJoe

It doesn't matter because they were never gonna vote yes, but just for the sake of the argument: at the end of the day I think I oppose it (although of course if it's what the people wants, they should have it). I don't like the idea of national sentiment making itself relevant in this day and age.
However, I can distinctly feel a hope for a yes, partly for romantic reasons, partly because it's what Belle & Sebastian want, and mainly because I hate David Cameron so much and I want him to crash and burn.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on September 18, 2014, 05:19:01 PM
It doesn't matter because they were never gonna vote yes, but just for the sake of the argument: at the end of the day I think I oppose it (although of course if it's what the people wants, they should have it). I don't like the idea of national sentiment making itself relevant in this day and age.
However, I can distinctly feel a hope for a yes, partly for romantic reasons, partly because it's what Belle & Sebastian want, and mainly because I hate David Cameron so much and I want him to crash and burn.

I'm just thinking on Scotch whisky... :D

alanrotoi

Scotland, Catalonia, Palestine, etc. should be independent states if they want.

CTG

Quote from: alanrotoi on September 18, 2014, 05:35:31 PM
Scotland, Catalonia, Palestine, etc. should be independent states if they want.

Rotoi should be a single, independent pipsqueak instead of being 3 whole teams. :D (kidding)

alanrotoi

Remember I'm very good editing pictures :P

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on September 18, 2014, 04:01:12 PM
Do you support the independence of Scotland?

A reason of dubious relevance to cheer the "No" is that the Union is a such a major historical oddity at this day and age, and I like historical oddities.

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on September 18, 2014, 05:19:01 PM
and mainly because I hate David Cameron so much and I want him to crash and burn.

Aye.

alanrotoi

Well not always continuing is the best way. Think about Renaissance or French Revolution. Also an union may not be a symbiosis relationship, sometimes one of them is a parasite sucking the blood of the other.