News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Politics around the world

Started by CTG, November 17, 2006, 11:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somehow I think Obama won't be a president for a long time. What do you think?

He'll be the president for 8 years.
7 (31.8%)
He'll be the president for 4 years.
7 (31.8%)
He'll fail earlier because of the economical crisis.
1 (4.5%)
He'll be murdered earlier by terrorists/Ku Klux Klan/McCain/Hillary Clinton :D
7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

alanrotoi

Does Hungary import energy from Russia?

CTG

alanrotoi

Oops, now I realize why the government is allied with Russia. Putin has their balls in his hands :O

CTG

At least he's a powerful leader. Obama, Merkel and Brown are not.

BonzaiJoe

Brown?  ???

By the way, your comment helps me understand why Órban Viktor is so popular  :-\
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on October 23, 2014, 01:10:14 AM
By the way, your comment helps me understand why Órban Viktor is so popular  :-\

???

I'm not a Fidesz supporter - never was and never will be. I'm also quite disgusted by the general attitude of Hungarian people.

Leader of the National Tax and Customs Administration of Hungary (NTCA) is also involved in a serious corruption issue. It's quite funny from somebody being responsible for tax and anti-corruption cases...

BonzaiJoe

It's just strange that you think of "being a strong leader" as a positive thing, even in a case like Putin who is going off the rails and steering Russia and Europe into crisis - all to the benefit of their geopolitical opponent, USA.
Leaders need to serve the people, not themselves. They need to be just the central point and the representative of a system set up to secure that what is being decided reflects the pooled knowledge of the country and the will of the people.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on October 23, 2014, 01:16:15 PM
It's just strange that you think of "being a strong leader" as a positive thing, even in a case like Putin who is going off the rails and steering Russia and Europe into crisis - all to the benefit of their geopolitical opponent, USA.
Leaders need to serve the people, not themselves. They need to be just the central point and the representative of a system set up to secure that what is being decided reflects the pooled knowledge of the country and the will of the people.

Maybe you misunderstood what I said. Real Madrid is a strong team, but still, I hate it. Admitting that Putin's power demonstration is quite effective against the imponent Western leaders does not mean that I like what he did.

alanrotoi

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on October 23, 2014, 01:16:15 PM
It's just strange that you think of "being a strong leader" as a positive thing, even in a case like Putin who is going off the rails and steering Russia and Europe into crisis

You're right but I hope you don't think Europe is a victim on this situation. The whole European civilization was built sucking blood from others and still it's like that. Don't pretend to be so naive.

BonzaiJoe

Well, yes, I guess. I only mean that in this situation, USA started the trouble in Ukraine and the result is mutual sanctions which hurt the Russian and the European economy, but not the American.

alanrotoi

That's a good ally!

Sometimes I read news and articles from rt.com (russian news site). It's like CNN a short minded point of view but change the word "USA" to "Russia". Also sometimes they publish articles about UFO's. It's funny and most of times unobjective :D

CTG

Quote from: alanrotoi on October 24, 2014, 03:53:52 PM
Also sometimes they publish articles about UFO's.

OFF:
There are unidentified flying objects (which are not equal to "ufonauts") - most/all of them are unidentified just because they are not enough interesting to get identified (flashes from natural phenomena, meteorites, satellites, etc). The alien story is of course a fairy tale. I don't say there are no other intelligent species with higher level of technical progress in this universe, but why would they come here - just to annoy some brainwashed peasants with <80 IQ? :D

alanrotoi

Also, why they should conceive a civilization based in material technology like us?

zaqrack

CTG