News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Politics around the world

Started by CTG, November 17, 2006, 11:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somehow I think Obama won't be a president for a long time. What do you think?

He'll be the president for 8 years.
7 (31.8%)
He'll be the president for 4 years.
7 (31.8%)
He'll fail earlier because of the economical crisis.
1 (4.5%)
He'll be murdered earlier by terrorists/Ku Klux Klan/McCain/Hillary Clinton :D
7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

alanrotoi

CTG

BonzaiJoe

Hungary has become a third world country. Some of those protesters on the picture will have to die violently before anything changes.
But we can't be quite sure.

BonzaiJoe

I wonder why Hungary has not been suspended from the EU. It would be the obvious thing to do. Maybe it's a case of general EU credibility being preferred over actually taking action against the Orban regime.

zaqrack

That would be extreme and contra-productive.Unfortunately an increasingly significant percentage of the population is already against the EU due to the propaganda of FIDESZ and also the lack of development of the country (though that is an issue caused by corruption and state capture).
Exclusion from the EU would also risk Hungary leaning even more towards Russia regardless of the leadership (note the formerly ruling oppoisiton party has also close ties to Putin even though they are pro-EU, so does the far-right and they are anti-EU even more than Orban). The EU can't afford this to happen. Not to mention that it would also make the possibility of organizing another Stunts meeting even harder than it is now!   

The solution is much more simple: EU membership must be kept active, but all payments from the EU must be suspended. I am sure a proper reason can be found easily. The Orban regime is maintaining the perceived growth and development of the country from the funding received from the EU. WIthout money they either have to stop development or further raise taxes - and we see where that leads.

And yes, something will happen. It may take 1-2 years but this is the beginning of something major. Look, even I am writing an analysis of the political situation and will join the masses when I will be back to Budapest.

BonzaiJoe

You're right, that would be a much better solution.

I fear that Orban will laugh at these protests until they really start attacking government facilities in large numbers, at which time he will have to either concede a lot or do a Tian An Men.

CTG

Viktor Orbán visited Lithuania without invitation. The prime minister and the president of LTU did not welcome him, what's more, they ignored to communicate with him, because he's an agressive slave of Putin (told in a bit more polite way, but with this meaning).

Meanwhile in Hungary, everybody can feel that all the three elections are over - right after the last one, serious restrictions and tax changes were announced by the government. Popularity of Fidesz is decreasing heavily - some of the repeated elections in certain districts showed that.

Györ-Bácsa: the local authority election was won by an independent, by 1 (!!!) vote difference ahead of Fidesz applicant (1196-1195). Of course the votes were re-calculated and of course they found that some of the independent applicant's votes are "invalid" (more than one "X" on the voting card, the cheapest solution to fake invalid votes by the corrupt reviewers). The court decided to repeat the elections in the certain small part of that district - the independent guy won by a huge difference at the repeated elections (425-201; the original result was 229-191 there).

Other parts of the country (some examples):
- Újpest (4th district of Budapest): parliament elections, MSZP won (just like half year ago)
- Ózd: local authority elections, Jobbik won with a huge difference (10299-5076; the original result was 4214-4148 one month earlier)
- Szekszárd: LMP almost turned the result of the local authority elections, improving a lot in one month (in all the questionable voting districts).

As you can see, participation rates increased - clearly against Fidesz - the restrictions opened up the eyes of the voters (too bad, they weren't forehanded enough). An average Hungarian is thinking and voting with his/her wallet and not with brain... ::)

CTG

alanrotoi

GDP isn't a credible estimation. Here we aren't in heaven but it's far from a crisis.

CTG

Quite an active month in Hungary: Merkel visited Budapest a few days ago, Putin will come in a week.

alanrotoi

Nazis and communists in a week? :D

CTG

Quote from: alanrotoi on February 08, 2015, 09:44:24 AM
Nazis and communists in a week? :D

Merkel is just a clumsy and badly dressed old woman who should have stayed at the field of physics instead of acting like a powerless politician. She's a christian democratic chancellor, but her attitude is way too liberal for my taste.

On the other hand, Putin is not communist at all. He's just a strong hand dictator in a giant surreal empire, without real opposition. Western Europe can't like or respect him - but they are afraid of his power.

BonzaiJoe

Your posts are always a study in sexist discourse.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on February 08, 2015, 06:37:32 PM
Your posts are always a study in sexist discourse.

Women are genetically weak leaders. It's not sexism, just biology. Male and female brain is working differently, therefore they have different strenghts and weaknesses.

I also have a female boss: she's one of the greatest and the most respected experts in this field (in Hungary) - but she absolutely lacks leading skills or sense to HR policy.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

My boss is a man, a very respected expert in reservoir mechanics and oil industry, but he also lacks leadership and organizing skills.
Chürműű! :-)

1127.91 km