News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Lancia Ferrari D50

Started by Ryoma, July 24, 2021, 10:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryoma

Borned with Lancia and given to Ferrari after the bankrupt. WC with Juan Manuel Fangio.

I proposed the 2 versions :
Lancia with the tank sidepod
Ferrari with the side exhaust

Ryoma

And a duel between the 2 versions !!

Ryoma

And later this car pas modified with a V6. The WC 1958, 246 F1 of Mike Hawthorn. To ne continued...

alanrotoi

Looks amazing. Should the name would be Lancia/Ferrari D50 like Porsche/March INDY or am I mistaken?

Ryoma

In fact for the March Porsche is because the châssis come from March and the engine from Porsche like McLaren-Honda.

For the D50, it's little bit complicated : Lancia design the car with Vittorio Jano in 1955 and made bankrupt. They gave all the car and people to Ferrari in 1956. During this era, Jano modify several times the D50 which race under the name of Ferrari and win the championship with Fangio. The sidepod vegan cosmetic because the tank moved behind the pilot

In 1957, Fangio left and the car loose its cosmetic sidepod. The car became Ferrari 801 and win one race as I remember.

So the car is un the same time a Lancia and a Ferrari...design by Lancia modify by Ferrari if you prefer

Daniel3D

Maybe:
Ferrari F50
Original design by Lancia, modified by Ferrari.

Or choose one moment of each brand
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Ryoma

You know you have the same story with the Jaguar XJR14 which became Mazda MX-R01 and Porsche WSC-95. 3 names for the same car.