News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Formula 1 in 2009

Started by Krys TOFF, December 06, 2007, 10:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulk

Quote from: Krys TOFF on January 12, 2009, 09:28:32 AM
1st F1 2009 presented, Ferrari one : http://www.f1-action.net/infos/article10307.html

Quote from: Chulk on January 11, 2009, 04:08:50 PM
Ferrari confirmed Alonso for 2011, but said he could be there in 2010 if Kimi doesn't improve his 2008 performance in 2009.
Where did you got this info ? ???
I read it in a Sports Paper (Ole)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulk on January 12, 2009, 07:29:20 PM
Quote from: Krys TOFF on January 12, 2009, 09:28:32 AM
1st F1 2009 presented, Ferrari one : http://www.f1-action.net/infos/article10307.html

Quote from: Chulk on January 11, 2009, 04:08:50 PM
Ferrari confirmed Alonso for 2011, but said he could be there in 2010 if Kimi doesn't improve his 2008 performance in 2009.
Where did you got this info ? ???
I read it in a Sports Paper (Ole)
Then I suppose it's just a reporter's speculation. There is an actual crisis about car constructors, and Ferrari is part of Fiat. Their goal is to reduce costs in a short future, the situation will probably be different in 2011. Alonso is not stupid, it's not during a crisis that he can get the best salary in a negociation, so what's the point to sign a contract now for 2011 ? Of course, it's different if he signed it 6 months ago, but that would mean a contract anticipated 2 years and a half before, which is quite unusual in F1.

Honestly, I don't believe it. Alonso told more than once that he wants to drive for Ferrari in the future, and Ferrari always answered that it was not in their plans. It's just since a few weeks only that Ferrari's manager said "it may be possible for the future but we have already contracts for pilots that we are satisfied with". So, it may happen that Alonso can join Ferrari for 2011, but I really doubt that a contract is already signed and I don't think Kimi will be fired at the end of 2009 in case he gets worse results than in 2008. He ended 3rd in 2008, which is not a so bad result IMO.

After some search on the web, it seems that the Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport also told that Alonso will drive for Ferrari in 2011 and that he "may" drive in 2010 if Kimi is not good enough in 2009. All this is imagined by reporters because Santander bank, one of Alonso's personnal sponsors, will be one of Ferrari's sponsors in 2010. But Santander's sponsoring is not only for Alonso.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Krys TOFF on January 13, 2009, 09:23:51 AM
the Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport

Newspaper with pink sheets, as pink is the jersey dressed by the leader of the Giro d'Italia, the race organized just by the same newspaper since the 1909, 100 years ago...  ;)

Krys TOFF

It seems that Kimi will not use only fuel to fill his car... ;D

CTG

Quote from: Krys TOFF on February 06, 2009, 10:27:51 AM

Excellent! ;D I like Kimi since he's racing at Ferrari - another alcoholist talent. ;D

Duplode

Quote from: Krys TOFF on February 06, 2009, 10:27:51 AM

Environmental consciousness, championing the switch to ethanol... ;D

Chulk

Krys TOFF

A potential new team named USF1 with drivers from USA only is planned for 2010.
I managed to find the very 1st picture of the track design. A killer car, obviously. Enjoy ! :D

Chulk

I heard about that. And they're planning to put Danica Patrick on one of the cars. Just a marketing move to make the US more interested in F1 since they lost both of their F1 GP's.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulk on February 25, 2009, 03:37:06 PM
I heard about that. And they're planning to put Danica Patrick on one of the cars.
lol, probably not. Danica would be good to get sponsors, but not to get good results on tracks. :P She would be just a female Nelsinho Piquet : enlisted just to make some sponsors happy, but unable to get a good race except with a huge big luck like in Germany last season for Nelsinho.

Chulk

They finally said it. Driver who wins the most races in 2009 will be the champion. Point system will be kept to decide in case of a tie and Constructors championship. Is it a stupid idea or what?

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on March 19, 2009, 02:57:17 AM
Is it a stupid idea or what?

It is. Imagine the same with Stunts: [you know who] is coming back (as usual), he wins 3 races in a row, disappears when he's finished with his good cars. After that BJ, Duplode and Ayrton win 2-2 races but they always finish in TOP4, collecting a lot more points than [you know who]. And still, the coward [you know who] wins the season. That's nonsense.

Chulk

I  think so too. But I don't know who... (ok, maybe I do...;))

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on March 19, 2009, 02:57:17 AM
Is it a stupid idea or what?

Grossly stupid. If there was any sporting issue to be addressed, the rejected FOTA proposal of 12/9/7/5 points would obviously have been enough. Hopefully the first half of the season will be reasonably balanced and thus things won't be screwed too much...

Chulk

I really want to see a champion 4 or more races before the end, so FOTA get's their idea up their ass and think something different for the following years.