News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Trip to Budapest & Vienna

Started by Mingva, June 28, 2004, 12:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mingva

As you know, in 21-25 June I was in my first summer trip abroad. We covered 3500 km to both sides. Our trip started from 7 am. After 5 hours we were at the Poland border. Traveled through Warsaw, Katowice and till midnight arrived to Slovakian border. During night crossed Slovakia and in early morning (at 6 am Central European time) we reached Hungarian border. Going to Budapest I could admire the nature :) In midday we stopped in centre of Budapest, in Marcius street.
Firstly we visited King's Palace, later walked in Vaci street. In evening went to park and attractions near Heroes square, and after it - to our Terminus hotel. To one of the cheapest, I guess :D
Next morning our tourist group devastated local market Cora. After it, we went to Visegrad citadel. The panoramic view from it charmed me. It was probably the deepest impression from the trip. Then our guide suggested to come down from the hill in bobsley track. Many ppl from our group falled out from their sleigh. But not me, as I observed traffic rules :lol:
We also visited Szentendre town, where I sent a postcard to home, but it still not arrived in Lithuania  :? In evening was a nice cruise over Danube river. I hoped to meet with Zak after it but our bus out of order and we returned to hotel only in 1 am. And in morning we left Budapest. After midday arrived to Vienna. I visited "Art of History" museum, also walked in old city.
In evening we left Vienna. In night we crossed Czech Republic, traveled all day through Poland and in late evening I was at home.  
From our school traveled only 2 teachers, 3 pupils and book-keeper. I spent most of time with 3 pupils, and it was fun. Only it's sad, nobody else from our school wanted to travel :(

You can watch some photos: http://mingva.mine.nu, only note this is my home server which is online mostly in evening (from 2 pm to 11 pm).

zaqrack

I'm glad you enjoyed the trip, too bad we couldn't meet, but maybe in August you'll come back, I hope so ;)
About the programs: You visited some of the usually visited tourist-places, Visegrad will be probably part of the Stunts meeting too on the sightseeing day, but I can also show many nice places which guided tours don't really show ;)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

that bobsleigh track is excellent; i tried it in 1997 :D
Chürműű! :-)

1341.23 km

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "Mingva"local market Cora
:lol:  :lol:  :lol: This is a French supermarket brand, not Hungarian... :lol:  :lol:  :lol: