News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Football Fanats 2009

Started by CTG, January 05, 2009, 09:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

The annual football topic...  ;)

CTG

C. Ronaldo crashed... poor Ferrari! I would like to see Ronaldo in the same condition. :D

CTG

Although it's an old video, let me show you a nice goal from Illés Béla! ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwjKPUV6kf0

Chulk

I guess this should go in 2008 topic, but as it was announced in 2009...

C. Ronaldo was named the best football player of 2008 over Messi. Only because he is more mediatic than Messi. Eveyone I heard talk about this award said it should have been Messi.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: Chulk on January 16, 2009, 08:53:55 PM
I guess this should go in 2008 topic, but as it was announced in 2009...

C. Ronaldo was named the best football player of 2008 over Messi. Only because he is more mediatic than Messi. Eveyone I heard talk about this award said it should have been Messi.

I also must say that 2008 was Messi's year. C. Ronaldo was crap on Euro 2008, Portugal lost against Germany in the quarter finals... Messi was fantastic throughout the whole year. I like his football much more. C. Ronaldo is only a posh crap like Beckham was/is.
Chürműű! :-)

1276.19 km

Usrin

Quote from: CTG on January 10, 2009, 02:53:08 PM
Although it's an old video, let me show you a nice goal from Illés Béla! ;D

The Greatest King versus ETO.  ;)
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

Van der Sar - already 1032 minutes flawless goalkeeping! I think he's the best goalkeeper on Earth at the moment. Btw I always liked goalies since I also used to play in that position. As for me, the best keepers of the last two decades:

Peter Schmeichel
Jose Luis Chilavert
Iker Casillas
Oliver Kahn
Gianluigi Buffon
Edwin van der Sar
Petr Cech

Btw what would be your historical and your "up to date" All Star team?

Chulk

A few days ago I was thinking about the same All-Star team to post. Now, my team with active players would be the following: 3-3-1-3 is the tactic (I like offenssive football)

Casillas (Spa)

Puyol (Spa)     Terry (Eng)    Cannavaro (Ita)

Mascherano (Arg)
Seedorf (Ned)                                          Kaka (Bra)

Sneidjer (Ned)                         

Messi (Arg)       Zlatan (Swe)       Ronaldo (Por)

Only Spain, The Netherlands and Argentina have 2 players. Many great players that are out (Robinho, Ronaldhino, Pirlo, Gerrard), only 2 top countries without representation (France and Germany). I'll think further about the "All-time" best team, but some players are there for sure (Maradona, Pele, Beckenbauer, Cruyff...)

CTG

van der Sar (NED) - Carvalho (POR), Puyol (ESP), Rio Ferdinand (ENG) - Xavi (ESP), Ribéry (FRA), C. Ronaldo (POR), Del Piero (ITA) - Adebayor (TOG), Kaká (BRA), Messi (ARG)

Some substititutions: Casillas (ESP), Terry (ENG), Ronaldinho (BRA), Ibrahimovic (SWE), Torres (ESP)

All time... I also have to think it over but I guess many attackers were famous and only a few defending players. So I'll make a team only with players that I have already seen playing (so since ~1992). Of course Pelé, Maradona and Puskás are undisputed superheros - but it would be unrealistic to put them in the team without seeing them play.

Schmeichel (DEN) - Nesta (ITA), R. Carlos (BRA), Maldini (ITA) - Matthaus (GER), Figo (POR), Zidane (FRA), Stoichkov (BUL) - Bergkamp (NED), Romario (BRA), R. Baggio (ITA)

Some substitutions: Kahn (GER), Thuram (FRA), Cantona (FRA), Klinsmann (GER), Suker (CRO), Shearer (ENG)

+ Illés (HUN) - sorry, I couldn't resist ;D

Chulk

Well, I like your team, only big difference is I consider C. Ronaldo a WF instead of SMF, just because he does't defend as a SMF should, specially in a 3 man defense. The rest is reasonable and according to taste, as we can't say any of them are out of place there. About subs, Mine would be Buffon (Ita), Ferdinand (Eng), Ronaldinho (Bra) or Del Piero (Ita) or Van der Vaart (Ned) (if he comes back to his best form), Villa (Spa), a personal choice though many think Torres (Spa) is much better. I don't agree.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Current All Star football team:

Buffon - Puyol, Chiellini, Mertesacker - Gattuso - Ribéry, Xavi, Kaká - Del Piero (C) - Ibrahimovic, Messi

Substitutions:

Casillas (gk), Terry, Seedorf, Vieira, Robben, Riquelme, Toni, Ronaldinho.

All Time (1993-) All Star football team:

Kahn - Hierro, Roberto Carlos, Maldini, Cannavaro -  Figo, Zidane (C), Ronaldinho, Davids - R. Baggio, Romário

Substitutions: Buffon (gk), Nesta, Raúl, Suker, Matthaeus, Messi, P. Andersson

Favourites (1993-) All Star football team:

Ravelli - Jarni, Ümit Davala, Hierro - Gattuso - Sforza, Zidane, Illés - Del Piero (C) - Suker, Vialli

Substitutions: Buffon (gk), Ravanelli, Tomasson, Figo, Asanovic, Di Livio, Riquelme, Nuno Gomes, Cafú, Hakan Sükür, T. Ivanov, Bergkamp, Morientes, P. Andersson

Hated players (1993-) football team:

Klos - P. Neville, Lahm, Frings - Beckham, Rosicky, Möller (C), Ballack, Scholes - C. Ronaldo, Rooney

Substitutions: Seaman (gk), van Nistelrooy, Riedle, Owen, Gerrard, Hargreaves, G. Neville, Carrick, Metzelder
Chürműű! :-)

1276.19 km

Chulk

Barça's 5000 goal in La liga. Of course scored by Messi, and a great goal as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVF8qRY-wjE#noexternalembed

Raul matched Di Stefano's record of 307 goals in Real Madrid as the top scorer of that team. Of course it took him his entire career instead of the fewer years it took Di Stefano...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFM4SEUVqmA#noexternalembed

CTG

Both are great numbers... Raul is a legend, Messi also deserved the 5000th. Two real (but only one is Real :)) heroes of football!

Chulk

I happen to think Raul is not that good as a "legend". Maybe I'm wrong but I think that if he hadn't been in Real Madrid since he was little, they wouldn't have bought him from other team and before other forwards of his time.

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on February 02, 2009, 10:29:20 PM
I happen to think Raul is not that good as a "legend". Maybe I'm wrong but I think that if he hadn't been in Real Madrid since he was little, they wouldn't have bought him from other team and before other forwards of his time.

I remember his superb performance in CL 1995 versus Ferencváros (yes, once upon a time there was a Hungarian team in Champions League ;D) - he was a young super talent. I don't say he's a hyperbrilliant attacker, but he has a fantastic sense to score (307 can't be an accident and Di Stefano is really a big name). On the other hand as I told already somewhere, I respect his modest style and loyality to his team: that's why I like him, Casillas, Del Piero, Giggs...