News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Sports 2013

Started by CTG, December 28, 2012, 06:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

BTW Anita Görbicz will celebrate her 30th birthday in two days. Respect to the best female handpall player in ETO's history!

Usrin

Also in this forum: congratulations to ETO!

Well... it's a pity that Görbicz is actually the only Hungarian key player of the team.
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Forever Swedish ice hockey team, becoming World Champions this year!  ;D ;D ;D

Forever Pittsburgh Penguins, reaching the Conference Finals by eliminating the Ottawa Senators!  ;D ;D ;D

BUT WHERE ARE THE PHILADELPHIA FLYERS???!!!  :'( :'( :'( ;D ;D ;D
Chürműű! :-)

1341.23 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on May 30, 2013, 09:26:58 AM
Forever Swedish ice hockey team, becoming World Champions this year!  ;D ;D ;D

Forever Pittsburgh Penguins, reaching the Conference Finals by eliminating the Ottawa Senators!  ;D ;D ;D

BUT WHERE ARE THE PHILADELPHIA FLYERS???!!!  :'( :'( :'( ;D ;D ;D

Where is KBSC? Where is Györi ETO in football / female handball? :D :P

(Who cares about ice hockey?)

CTG

CTG

Btw Poo, why are you so silent about NHL? ;D

BRUUUUUUUUUUUINS, BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUINS!!! ;D :P

CTG

Something to watch in this summer: athletics and swimming world championships.

Unless Bolt falls in the dope scandal, he'll have an easy time: Powell and Gay are out, Blake didn't show up anything in 2013, while Gatlin is still a joke. Winning time predictions: 100 m - 9.74, 200 m - 19.55

Swimming: well, the first competition after the Phelps era, so who knows... Gyurta has a pretty good chance to defend his title in men's 200 m breaststroke.

CTG

Quote from: CTG on July 19, 2013, 10:08:32 AM
Blake didn't show up anything in 2013

Blake is "injured".

CTG

Quote from: CTG on July 19, 2013, 10:08:32 AM
Gyurta has a pretty good chance to defend his title in men's 200 m breaststroke.

Done. ;D

CTG

WOW! We had a really-really good time at the FINA world championship!

4 golden medals:
Katinka Hosszú (female individual medley, 200 m and 400 m)
Dániel Gyurta (male breaststroke, 200 m)
Male water polo team

1 silver medal:
László Cseh (male butterfly, 100 m)

2 bronze medals:
Katinka Hosszú (female butterfly, 200 m)
Female water polo team

I wish it would never be worse than that... :D

CTG

Btw it's worth to emphasize the performance of the male water polo team. After so many years of success with the legendary 3 times olympic champion team, most of the key players got too old - it was time to build up another team from the new generation after the London fiasco. The foreshadows were quite dark because of some shameful results before this tournament. And even the group stage seemed to be hard: obligatory victory against China, the expected loss versus Serbia and an embarrassing draw against Australia (kind of "C category" team). Then came another strange match for the best eight: Kazahstan (even weaker than AUS) could score 4 goals in the first quarter (while we did it only twice) - okay, the remaining three quarters showed something really different (16-7 at the end).

At this point I felt we will fall in the quarter-finals against the "B level" Greece. I was wrong. The team showed another face during the knockout phase with extremely good shooting ratio and world class goalkeeping.

Quarter-final: Hungary - Greece 9-3, perfect game

Semi-final: Hungary - Croatia 11-10, the hardest match of the tournament. The title holder Croatians were pushed by the refrees in a shameless way, but even that wasn't enough to stop us. Maybe I've never seen such a good goalkeeping before as it was in the last two quarters...

Final: Hungary - Montenegro 8-7, tight result, but we ruled the match - against a pseudo-Serbian team.

Probably Hungary is not the best water polo team on Earth (at the moment), but it seems their team unit is far the strongest. And it was enough now to win a serious trophy after 5 years silence. WELL-DONE!

CTG

Quote from: CTG on August 05, 2013, 09:25:55 AM
Australia (kind of "C category" team)

Subjective pots in male water polo:

A category: Croatia, Hungary, Italy, Montenegro, Serbia
B category: Greece, Russia, Spain, USA
C category: Australia, Germany, Kazahstan, Netherlands, Romania
and the rest... :D

(I wonder about Poo's ratings)

CTG

Bolt: 9.77? Disappointing... (even if it was raining)

CTG

Elena won - nice retirement from the sexy pole vault queen!

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on August 13, 2013, 08:11:30 PM
Elena won - nice retirement from the sexy pole vault queen!
Elena?
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)