News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Football Fanats 2008

Started by CTG, January 06, 2008, 01:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

Unlike the spanish and italian teams, who have only players that they have trained themselves? :)
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Okay, try to tell me 11 really good English players. I can name even more from Spain and Italy - what a "surprise", they qualified to EURO 2008. England - as a national football team - is almost dead. They have no real talents, because almost every Premier League teams prefer foreign stars.

Spain and Italy are slightly different from this.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on March 12, 2008, 07:53:37 AM
Okay, try to tell me 11 really good English players. I can name even more from Spain and Italy - what a "surprise", they qualified to EURO 2008. England - as a national football team - is almost dead. They have no real talents, because almost every Premier League teams prefer foreign stars.
This was different before Shengen treaty, and it may be different in a few years.
MU and Arsenal started to go back to mainly UK players in their "young" teams (under 17 years old). We all know that Arsenal young training leads to good players, look at Fabregas for example.
Do not expect new english players from Chelsea, but Liverpool, MU or Arsenal can bring new very good English players in a few years.

Some example of promising players : Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Gavin Hoyte (Arsenal), Paul Rodgers (Arsenal), Scott Moffatt (MU), Michael Scott (Liverpool), ... There are also some Irish and Scottish promising players in the youth teams in England.
And remember that Scholes or Rooney (both at MU) are still 24 and 23 years old, they are still at the beginning of their career and they will still progress.

Of course, it will take a time to see all these English players with enough experience to play well for their national team, but I'm sure that English team will be much stronger for future competitions. Maybe not for next World Cup in 2010, but probably for Euro 2012.

Chulk

Quote from: Krys TOFF on March 12, 2008, 12:51:06 PM
And remember that Scholes or Rooney (both at MU) are still 24 and 23 years old, they are still at the beginning of their career and they will still progress.
Actually, Paul Scholes is 35 YO (born 16/Nov/1971).
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

And remember that Scholes (...) are still 24 and 23 years old (...)

Surely you were think about baby-faced, whining baby, Cristiano Ronaldo...  :D (Though I'll concede he is not that annoying lately, and is a damn good player)

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on March 13, 2008, 02:13:43 AM
And remember that Scholes (...) are still 24 and 23 years old (...)

Surely you were think about baby-faced, whining baby, Cristiano Ronaldo...  :D (Though I'll concede he is not that annoying lately, and is a damn good player)
And he's certainly fast as hell!

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulk on March 12, 2008, 10:24:14 PM
Oh, right, except that he was born in 1974, so he is 34 years old. :P I thought he was born in 1984, my mistake. Anyway, he doesn't look his age so much.

He is not an english player, he is from Portugal. I was talking about English players only, else it would be too long to talk about all promising players. :D

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: Krys TOFF on March 13, 2008, 08:46:41 AM
Oh, right, except that he was born in 1974, so he is 34 years old. :P I thought he was born in 1984, my mistake. Anyway, he doesn't look his age so much.

He is not an english player, he is from Portugal. I was talking about English players only, else it would be too long to talk about all promising players. :D

Except that he was born in November, so he's 33 years old  :D
But we can't be quite sure.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on March 13, 2008, 12:45:37 PM

Except that he was born in November, so he's 33 years old  :D
Oh, right, we're not in november yet. :D

Duplode

Yep, very smart of me as well to miss the whole point of your post.  :D

CTG

Champions League is like a half FA Cup. I don't like the fact but have to admit that Premier League is far the strongest championship at the moment. I wish Bayern München would find back to this close elite. Toni and Ribery transfers were the first steps.

Krys TOFF

Ribery can make any average team go to the top when he is art his best. He is really impressive sometimes. But if he is tired or lightly injured, he loose all his speed/impact and so most of his interest for the team.
Anyway, regarding the current Champions league, I hope to see Arsenal win versus Roma in final.

Chulk

Babyd David Beckham could play his 100th match with England National Team if Capello decides to let him play against France (hopefully not!)

Krys TOFF

Friendly matches yesterday, some results :
- incredible Netherlands : Austria lead 3-0 and finally Netherlands won 4-3 in Austria ! Well done.
- weak Poland, beaten 3-0 by USA. Poland won't be dangerous in Euro 2008 it seems.
- unlike Poland, Germany is really a favorite of the Euro 2008 : they won 4-0 in Switzerland.
- minimum victory for France 1-0 versus England, boring match...
- Spain is strong : after beating france some time ago, they beat Italy yesterday 1-0. Maybe Spain will finally obtain a title in Euro 2008 after so many years beeing one of the best teams in friendly matches and never managing to confirm during Euro or World Cup events.
- Greece beat Portugal 2-1 in Portugal, good performance. Greece is not dead yet, Portugal is not so strong as it seems.
- draw 1-1 between Denmark and Czech Republic.
- Hungary beaten at home 1-0 by Slovenia.
- Romania 3-0 Russia.
- Egypt (Africa champion) beaten at home 2-0 by Argentina. There's still a difference of football level between Africa and South America.

CTG

One of the worst matches played by the Hungarian team ever. Both teams had many injuries, maybe more key players were missing from us. But that's not an excuse for our terrible performance: we had no shot on goal in the first 80 (!!!) minutes, we attacked only at the end of the match. Come back Lothar!