News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Useless messages - place for maniacs!

Started by CTG, September 09, 2005, 01:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG should...

win ZakStunts 2011
4 (17.4%)
retire
2 (8.7%)
shut up
6 (26.1%)
skid hot teenage girls
6 (26.1%)
böff an öblös one
5 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Usrin

Quote from: CTG on January 08, 2014, 11:51:14 AM
Quote from: Akoss Poo on December 31, 2013, 09:19:45 PM
Quote from: CTG on December 31, 2013, 11:31:57 AM
Quote from: alanrotoi on December 31, 2013, 03:46:39 AM
That's what Atila said :D

Atilla, the hun? (the hun nation has no relation with hungarians...)

He has. Due to political efforts in the past 2 centuries, now we are related to Finnish and Estonian people... but we have the most in common with the Turkish. Still they (the Turkish) consider us their close relatives, and mention the name of Attila to us as our ancestor.

But still... :D (the map shows nothing about origins, only about the similarities between each languages)

This map is everything but not exact... Is Hungarian closer to Latvian than to German based on the vocabulary?  :o

Btw, it is always forgotten that relationship between languages has nothing to do with genetical relationship between people. Compare the looks of Akoss Poo and Kimi Räikkönen, and you'll see that Hungarians and Finns definitely had different ancestors. Hungarian and Turkish faces generally look way more similar. But it is very possible that ancient Hungarians and Finns lived close to each other 1500-2000 years ago, and their languages strongly influenced each other. So I don't believe that defining Hungarian as a Finno-Ugrian language is a political conspiration. It is a valid scientific theory - but only in linguistics, and not in genetics or history.
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

alanrotoi

Why there isn't a topic about Lise on TV, yet?

zaqrack

BonzaiJoe

:o

I knew it! I said it only 3 years ago: she'll be on TV within 5 years.

I'm so proud of her. She's come so far.
But we can't be quite sure.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!  :D :D :D
Chürműű! :-)

1221.67 km

zaqrack

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 16, 2014, 11:28:14 AM
:o

I knew it! I said it only 3 years ago: she'll be on TV within 5 years.

I'm so proud of her. She's come so far.

So am I :)

Chulk

Oh, I see this is what Zak meant. What is she doing on TV?
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

BonzaiJoe

I'm not sure exactly what she was doing there, but she's doing a Ph.D. on gender culture and Lady Gaga, so probably talking about something to that effect. Probably something about portrayal of women in the media and its effect on how women think of themselves. The show she was on is an everyday-life talk show kind of thing where they invite all sorts of people. Semi-famous people, people who have been through something unusual, and also 'experts', which I think Lise was.

Chulk

So this was a one-time thing. I thought she was a journalist or something (weirdly enough, the idea of her being an actress never crossed my mind)

BonzaiJoe

No, it must have been a one-off. But I think she will be back before long...

alanrotoi

I have many customers in Europe and I like when they are from your countries. For example I'm writing a letter to a customer in Vanlose, Denmark. I had some customers from Denmark but never from Aarhus.

About Hungarian customers they're all from Budapest. Lithuanians are (or "is" I don't remember more than one) from Vilnius, not from Klaipeda.

Where are you from dreadnaut? I send letters regularly to Italy but I don't know where are you :D

And the Brazilian guys, Renato is from Sao Paulo I guess and I don't know about Dups.

BonzaiJoe

Vanløse is just 5 km from where I'm sitting. My roommate lived in Buenos Aires for more than a year total though, so I already felt close to you...

alanrotoi

Nice! Why he lived here a year? Where (in the city) and how was his experience?

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on May 27, 2014, 09:13:30 AM
Maybe he wanted to taste fernet... ;D
I don't think so. If he had tasted fernet he would have never left

zaqrack