News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Lamborghini Countach

Started by alanrotoi, January 24, 2024, 05:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

Lamborghini Countach released with some fixes:

1) 3d shape enhansed
2) new dashboard colors
3) fixed some dashboard glitches like rpm needle
4) fixed anti-PG effect
5) performance: now it has PG just like Corvette and Ferrari GTO
6) new paintjobs!

Download from Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TZetmT_-Zduzg8mZAw-TNOh6lkaExyOA/view?usp=drive_link
You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

Cas

Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Daniel3D

8) that calls for a Lamborghini CCC,
The Anti-PG, the Bug-free and the PG edition
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

alanrotoi

What's the top flat speed and top speed of the bug-free version?

Duplode

Quote from: alanrotoi on January 25, 2024, 12:56:51 PMWhat's the top flat speed and top speed of the bug-free version?

I wasn't even sure about the figures for the original Countach -- anti-PG makes for tricky top speed tests! Here goes a set of results:

Original Countach

• 0-60 mph: 4.75 s
  • 0-100 mph: 11.20 s
  • Default hill: 12.35 s
  • Flat track top speed: 192 mph
  • Real top speed: 245 mph

NoPG Countach

• 0-60 mph: 4.75 s
  • 0-100 mph: 11.20 s
  • Default hill: 12.40 s
  • Flat track top speed: 192 mph
  • Real top speed: 244 mph

PG Countach

• 0-60 mph: 4.7 s
  • 0-100 mph: 10.85 s
  • Default hill: 12.30 s
  • Flat track top speed: 198 mph
  • Real top speed: 245 mph

alanrotoi

Nice! How do you test the flat track top speed? My method isn't accurated.

Duplode

Quote from: alanrotoi on January 26, 2024, 01:27:41 AMNice! How do you test the flat track top speed? My method isn't accurated.

The first-choice method is a 30x30 banked oval driven anti-clockwise (to take advantage of left corner bias) for a few minutes. Two details are being careful to avoid any kind of bounce that could unduly raise your speed, and lifting off the accelerator before crashing on the outside of the banking to avoid gaining speed upon landing. For flexible PG and anti-PG cars, that method doesn't work well, as once you get close enough to the flat-track top speed even the slightest movement upwards on the banking will trigger PG/anti-PG. In those cases, I switch to a very large and wide "track" made of fast grass.

Daniel3D

Or you can do it the nerdy way. (Like ryoma his spreadsheet).

Quotemax_speed_mph = sqrt(2*torque*gear_ratio/drag)
This relation allows to predict the flat track top speed of a car.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

alanrotoi

Oh allright! Because in a banked oval I reach 193 mph with auto transmission. Maybe the calculus is more accurate because it takes the maximum power and not the shifting limit. I try to put both values closer than in original cars because you can tell a difference between manual and automatic.

Duplode

Quote from: alanrotoi on January 26, 2024, 01:04:56 PMMaybe the calculus is more accurate because it takes the maximum power and not the shifting limit.

Shift points won't affect the flat track top speed except if it's reached in a gear lower than the highest one (and at high enough RPM).

(Flat track top speeds being reached at a lower gear might actually be more common than we used to think, BTW. For instance, it turns out that, on flat track, the original Ferrari GTO reaches its top speed in 4th rather than 5th. I probably should test the Countachs again on 4th...)

Edit: The original Countach hits maximum RPM on 4th at 168 mph, so I was being overzealous, and 4th versus 5th is a non-issue for these Countach tests.