News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Football Fanats 2014 - The year of World Cup

Started by CTG, December 06, 2013, 09:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which team will win World Cup 2014?

Argentina
2 (25%)
Brasil
2 (25%)
England
0 (0%)
Germany
3 (37.5%)
Italy
0 (0%)
Netherlands
1 (12.5%)
Portugal
0 (0%)
Spain
0 (0%)
none of these
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

BonzaiJoe

It's been a big round for mini nations:

Greece vs Faroe Islands 0 - 1
Moldova vs Liechtenstein 0 - 1
San Marino vs Estonia 0 - 0

Gibraltar predictably lost in Germany and Luxembourg lost vs Ukraine. Now we'll have to wait and see what Malta and Andorra can do today.
But we can't be quite sure.

alanrotoi

What about Kosovo, Donetsk, Cataluña, Laponia, Padania and Northern Cyprus? :D Just to name few.

CTG

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Chürműű! :-)

1413.59 km

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on November 16, 2014, 11:49:15 AM
It's been a big round for mini nations:

Greece vs Faroe Islands 0 - 1
Moldova vs Liechtenstein 0 - 1
San Marino vs Estonia 0 - 0

Gibraltar predictably lost in Germany and Luxembourg lost vs Ukraine. Now we'll have to wait and see what Malta and Andorra can do today.

Bulgaria - Malta 1-1 :o

Chulk

Czech Rep. 2 - 1 Iceland

We lead with perfect score and should continue doing so as next match vs. Latvia should be easy.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

According to EuroSport, Ballon d'Or odds are:

Cristiano Ronaldo 1/6 >:( :o ??? (After such a fuckin' weak World Cup? It should be considered the main event of the year. And suck an arrogant, selfish dickhole should ever get this title.)
Lionel Messi 6/1  ??? (Probably his crappiest season so far - his World Cup MVP title was a joke.)
Neymar 16/1 ??? (Worse than Messi and he left the most important matches of the World Cup.)
Thomas Mueller 20/1 (Top scorer of the Weltmeister.)
Arjen Robben 33/1 (Probably the real MVP of the World Cup.)
Philipp Lahm 33/1 (One of the most useful players on Earth.)
Manuel Neuer 33/1 (The best GK at the moment & captain of the world champion, he should win Ballon D'or)
James Rodriguez 40/1 (A one summer hit? As for me, he's not that good in Real Madrid.)
Gareth Bale 40/1 (I have to admit that he's fuckin' good, but he has no chance to step higher with such a weak national team.)
Diego Costa 50/1 (The Brasilian Spanish Inzaghi?)
Angel Di Maria 50/1 (Overrated.)
Toni Kroos 80/1 (Another useful German.)
Mario Goetze 100/1 (CTRL-C, CTRL-V)
Eden Hazard 100/1 (Overrated.)
Zlatan Ibrahimovic 100/1 (What a rebirth in Paris! Although he was injured for a long time, he's still a lot better than many other players above.)
Andres Iniesta 100/1 (Mr. Burnout, only his successes from the last few years are keeping him on this list. Bad season both in Barcelona and Spain.)
Sergio Ramos 100/1 (Crappy World Cup, but he had an important role in Real's triumph. Although I don't like him, I think he should be a lot higher on this list.)
Paul Pogba 100/1 (Bah...)
Bastian Schweinsteiger 100/1 (He wasn't that outstanding during the World Cup.)
Yaya Toure 100/1 (??? Why? ???)
Karim Benzema 150/1 (Overrated.)
Thibaut Courtois not listed (Underrated. He's getting better and better every year, very close to Neuer's level.)
Javier Mascherano not listed (Underrated. As for me, he was the best ARG player at the World Cup.)

I'm afraid it will be fuckin' one-sided, most of the football "experts" can decide only between Messi and cristiana, ignoring the World Cup performances. I would nominate Neuer, Müller and Robben to the TOP3.

BonzaiJoe

It's difficult. Ronaldo showed little at the World Cup, but he's been incredibly good for the rest of the season. Müller and Neuer have been great at the World Cup but they just don't show the same level as Ronaldo every week of the season. Robben: really good, but not quite as good as Ronaldo. Better performance at the World Cup though, but also playing for a way better team...
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on November 18, 2014, 11:43:24 AM
Müller and Neuer have been great at the World Cup but they just don't show the same level as Ronaldo every week of the season.

You mustn't compare a striker and a goalkeeper. Neuer performed quite well in Bayern.

CTG

Yesterday was a bad one for several Stunts countries:

Portugal - Argentina 1-0
Hungary - Russia 1-2
hairy-sole gypsy invaders - Denmark 2-0

Some happy pipsqueaks:
Austria - Brazil 1-2 (way too tight)
Ukraine - lithuahuahuania 0-0
Italy - Albania 1-0 (not so convincing...)
Spain - Germany 0-1

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Tiszaújváros-Kazincbarcika 1-0 (1-0)

Kazincbarcika attacked throughout the whole match, but Tiszaújváros won luckily in the match played in a big fog.

1. Putnok   13   12   0   1   38–7   36
  2. Kisvárda   13   10   2   1   46–12   32
  3. Cigánd   13   8   3   2   21–10   27
  4. Kazincbarcika   13   8   1   4   20–11   25
  5. Hatvan   13   7   4   2   24–9   25
  6. Budapest Honvéd II   13   7   1   5   29–13   22
  7. Tiszaújváros   13   7   1   5   17–27   22

Last match of the autumn season: Kazincbarcika-Putnok
Chürműű! :-)

1413.59 km

alanrotoi

Razingbarcika? Kazinbarça?

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on November 19, 2014, 11:05:18 AM
Portugal - Argentina 1-0
What a pain in the eyes that match was!! I don't care about the result, it's just a friendly match against a crappy team. The kind of matches nobody plays seriously except the weakest teams. But I expected something a bit more entertaining than that!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)