News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Football Fanats 2014 - The year of World Cup

Started by CTG, December 06, 2013, 09:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which team will win World Cup 2014?

Argentina
2 (25%)
Brasil
2 (25%)
England
0 (0%)
Germany
3 (37.5%)
Italy
0 (0%)
Netherlands
1 (12.5%)
Portugal
0 (0%)
Spain
0 (0%)
none of these
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

BonzaiJoe

Great prediction, Rotoi!  :o

By the way I really miss JTK.
But we can't be quite sure.

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: Chulk on July 10, 2014, 05:44:58 PM
Quote from: BonzaiJoe on July 10, 2014, 01:28:17 PM
Before the game, I have to say Germany is a clear favourite and definitely the most well-deserving winner. They have played very well in most games and beaten three world-class teams (Portugal, France, Brazil).
Agreed except for one thing: Portugal a world-class team? You can't be serious!
They have only one superstar and a crappy team, that's not a world-class team.

Well, maybe you're right. I based my evaluation on the fact that they are usually a force to be reckoned with in the big tournaments. They reached the semis in the 2012 European Championships, QF in 2010, QF in 2008, semi in 2006...

Of course this year they were very disappointing.

Chulk

I can't sleep, I can't eat, I can't think!! I want the match to start right now!
I hadn't been so anxious since June 25, 1995 when Gimnasia arrived to the last round of that year's league leading by one point. We lost what would have been our first professional title that day, I cried a lot. Hopefully this time will have a different ending.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on July 11, 2014, 06:35:45 AM
I can't sleep, I can't eat, I can't think!! I want the match to start right now!
I hadn't been so anxious since June 25, 1995 when Gimnasia arrived to the last round of that year's league leading by one point. We lost what would have been our first professional title that day, I cried a lot. Hopefully this time will have a different ending.

It's so weird to say, but... GO GERMANY!

They are simply a better team with more enjoyable games. Argentina can't show up any great matches from this World Cup. What's more, ARG is a one man team: they depend on the actual mood and performance of the autist midget 4-times Golden Ball guy.

alanrotoi

CTG trollness as usual.

BTW I found myself very anxious during the Semifinals match.

I read Hungarian president will watch the match in the stadium :D Seems he wants to watch football  :D

CTG

Quote from: alanrotoi on July 11, 2014, 03:20:22 PM
I read Hungarian president will watch the match in the stadium :D Seems he wants to watch football  :D

He thinks that Hungary is still Footballistan, just because he played in a low class team in the 90s (his son is also playing there, but since that they are in first class with political backwind, see earlier discussions about Puskás Akadémia).

Football is dead in Hungary (since the 80s).

BonzaiJoe

If Argentina wins, I'll be happy for you guys in any case.

alanrotoi

CTG

Quote from: alanrotoi on July 11, 2014, 08:12:30 PM
Any prediction for the last two matches?

Bronze match: BRA is toothless, NED is demotivated (even Van Gaal and some of his players declared that they crap on the bronze match). Boring game, one goal victory for the Dutch team.
Final: who knows? Based on the power levels, GER should kick ass easily (3-1? 2-0?). But it's a final...

BonzaiJoe

It's probably stupid but I have this feeling that Argentina is going to win either by a goal in the 119th minute or on penalties.

alanrotoi

I hope it won't be any penalty kick, no matter who wins NO PENALTIES!

Chulk

Quote from: alanrotoi on July 12, 2014, 01:19:38 AM
No matter who wins? Are you fúking insane?! I want to win! I don't care if it's a whitewash or a tiny 1-0 victory. I don't even care if the winning goal is off-side, with both hands, kicking the GK in the face and throwing dirt at the ref's eyes. You do remember Germany beat us with a very doubtful PK, right? Well, I want revenge!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on July 12, 2014, 09:25:40 AM
No matter who wins? Are you fúking insane?! I want to win! I don't care if it's a whitewash or a tiny 1-0 victory. I don't even care if the winning goal is off-side, with both hands, kicking the GK in the face and throwing dirt at the ref's eyes. You do remember Germany beat us with a very doubtful PK, right? Well, I want revenge!

kidding

alanrotoi

The saddest final match was in 1994 Brazil winning by penalty kicks against Italy. Sad sad sad.

BTW didn't I tell you I have german blood? I'm Rotoinen... wait that's Finnish... Alan Rotdonaudampfschiffahrtsgesellschaftskapitän... no I confess I have german blood in the refrigerator.  :D

CTG

Quote from: alanrotoi on July 12, 2014, 06:51:40 PM

The saddest final match was in 1994 Brazil winning by penalty kicks against Italy. Sad sad sad.

BTW didn't I tell you I have german blood? I'm Rotoinen... wait that's Finnish... Alan Rotdonaudampfschiffahrtsgesellschaftskapitän... no I confess I have german blood in the refrigerator.  :D

Landwirtschaftsausstellung!!!