News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

SHORTCUT FREE driving - to challenge your REAL racing-abilit

Started by Freddy, May 03, 2006, 11:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freddy

"SHORTCUT FREE driving - to challenge your REAL racing-abilities!"

What about starting a competition without using any shortcuts, to make a more realistic race and challenge each others real racing qualities?

Who would like to race on such a challenge?

And (as I dont have enough time for replay checking) who wants to check replays and lead this challenge?[/b]
SHORTCUT FREE driving - to challenge your REAL racing-abilities!

BonzaiJoe

Hi Freddy!

There have already been several such competitions, and one of them is still active (WSC). The most famous one was the ISA-competition, which later turned into IRC. This kind of competition, although it certainly was succesful, has generally proved far less popular than competitions with shortcuts.

But maybe there is a need for a new one all the same! In my opinion though, real Stunts is with shortcuts, like the game was made. Not with extra restrictions.

Welcome to the community! :-) See you on the scoreboards
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Krys TOFF

As BJ said, one shortcut-free competition is still active : WSC (see Stunts portal http://stunts.mine.nu for link to it, or go directly to http://wsc.mundopc.net).
This competition is mainly for indy (except some of the special tracks of this year).
ISA/IRC competition also was for indy only.
There also used to be the IMSA Cup (see inactive coompetitions part of Stunts portal), which was almost shortcut-free and was focused on P962 and Jag XRJ9 cars, and Stunts Brasil also that used all cars of the game.

All these competition have never reached a participation level as high as ZakStunts or 4DSL.

I think 2 shortcut-free comp with indy at the same time would be too much.
Maybe one with all cars and not only indy could be successfull (even if Stunts Brasil never was, 4 pipsqueaks max per month). But do not expect more than 5-10 pipsqueaks. I would race it but I do not have time to manage it.

Argammon

Shortcut free competitions only make sense without replay handling IMO.

BonzaiJoe

But without replay handling it's almost impossible to stay on the road unless it's a very easy track...

Chulk

Quote from: "BonzaiJoe"But without replay handling it's almost impossible to stay on the road unless it's a very easy track...
That's how Stunts was made to be raced in the beggining. RH is not allowed inn the scoreboard for the game.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "Chulk"
Quote from: "BonzaiJoe"But without replay handling it's almost impossible to stay on the road unless it's a very easy track...
That's how Stunts was made to be raced in the beggining. RH is not allowed inn the scoreboard for the game.
Advance RH and Score Blaster are here to make you have your name in scoreboard even with RH. :wink:

CTG

Quote from: "Krys TOFF"Advance RH and Score Blaster are here to make you have your name in scoreboard even with RH. :wink:

Gotcha, Renato!!!  :lol:

BonzaiJoe

No, Stunts was made to be raced both on and off the road...

vamologocomisso

Quote from: "BonzaiJoe"

No, Stunts was made so CTG could have something to do, besides drinking beer, right c?t?g? ? :twisted:
n?o me sinto inspirado para escrever nada de impacto, para que todos digam: "Puxa! Que demais!  :)

CTG

Quote from: "vamologocomisso"
Quote from: "BonzaiJoe"

No, Stunts was made so CTG could have something to do, besides drinking beer, right c?t?g? ? :twisted:

I'm drinking wine at the moment... :)

Renato Biker

Quote from: "CTG"
Quote from: "Krys TOFF"Advance RH and Score Blaster are here to make you have your name in scoreboard even with RH. :wink:

Gotcha, Renato!!!  :lol:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Freddy

Okay, WSC is a Competition of a kind which I would like to prefer.

But its in some langage I cant understand at all... Yes there is a Translation-Link on it, but it quite doesn't work.
So now I'm stuck... I would like to tell it to the Webmaster, but I can't understand the language and I'm not able to find a 'Contact' Link.... LOL ](*,)

Could anybody contact him for me, so the english speaking dudes can take part of that challenge?  :D

...@CTG: sorry, I'm not Freddy Mercury  :lol:
SHORTCUT FREE driving - to challenge your REAL racing-abilities!

Renato Biker

hey Freddy, Paleke (WSC's webmaster) speaks english too...
just send him a e-mail  :wink: