News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Cars and rules for 2024

Started by dreadnaut, September 19, 2023, 02:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Quote from: Duplode on January 14, 2024, 05:32:25 PMWhat about starting from the after-ZCT269 values, finding sensible places for the new cars and maybe adding a few localised tweaks on the top? (No pencil or spreadsheet at hand right now, but I'll try to post suggestions as soon as I can.)

Okay, here's a first take on this, drafted with the help of the good folks at the Telegram:

You cannot view this attachment.

How it was done: take the base bonuses as they would have been after ZCT269, then guess neutral-to-somewhat-favourable bonuses for the new cars. Total goes up to 199, so subtract three from each car to get it to 151, and add 9 to the Indy to not keep it too far away and bring the total to 160.

dreadnaut

Thank you Duplode, that table makes sense. I am sticking to the plan of bringing the Indy up though, which in this scale means -15. Should we remove 15 points from the other cars, or add 1 and go for 16*11 = 176?

Duplode

Quote from: dreadnaut on January 14, 2024, 09:00:37 PMShould we remove 15 points from the other cars, or add 1 and go for 16*11 = 176?

Between those two options, I'd go with -14 and 176 total.

Edit: attached a spreadsheet for the calculations described above.

Overdrijf

Okay, I've cooled off a bit. Maybe my language was a bit harsh.

We've been conqlebuggling a bit in the little Telegram group to work out the proposal Duplode was talking about before. Crowdsourcing the estimations of the newly added cars, so to speak, trying to take your views into consideration as well. So that might turn out as something worth considering.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, I refreshed the page but failed to go to the next page. 8)

And yes, that was a made-up word.

dreadnaut

Coefficients are up, and so are Erik's new card portraits! Thank you all!

@alanrotoi Could you double check if you are still OK with the track bonuses? I'm here if you want to make any updates.

dreadnaut

Quote from: Overdrijf on January 14, 2024, 09:34:33 PMWe've been conqlebuggling a bit in the little Telegram group to work out the proposal Duplode was talking about before.

Is the conqlebuggling worth saving for the future? (e.g., grabbing a log out of Telegram and archiving it here?)

Overdrijf

Quote from: dreadnaut on January 14, 2024, 09:56:52 PM
Quote from: Overdrijf on January 14, 2024, 09:34:33 PMWe've been conqlebuggling a bit in the little Telegram group to work out the proposal Duplode was talking about before.

Is the conqlebuggling worth saving for the future? (e.g., grabbing a log out of Telegram and archiving it here?)

Not really. A little bit of talking about bonuses in relation to eachother, like that I had done a recent test in which the F40 was about 2.5% faster than the CERV and the GT3 +-5.5% slower, how we felt you probably got a pretty good number on the Lola, comparing it to the MP4, how the Thunderbird was probably slower than the LM02 on most tracks but we felt like it wasn't too bad to start it off a little lower and a little about how it was fair to give the Indy a little bit of a bonus because you liked the idea so much. And a bunch of chat bringing bonuses up and down a bit when we thought of something, like whether the car we were comparing it to was currently at a low point or a high point in its range.

So, that, basically.

dreadnaut

Quote from: Overdrijf on January 14, 2024, 10:44:20 PMSo, that, basically.

Neat summary, thank you! Hope you'll enjoy driving the Indy as a normal car, for the first time in a while.

Overdrijf

Quote from: dreadnaut on January 14, 2024, 10:48:06 PMHope you'll enjoy driving the Indy as a normal car, for the first time in a while.

We just did the Indy as a normal car, in the PG-less race. Now it's back to the regular programming. I think someone will find at least one more PG section in this track. I have absolutely no idea where and how, but it feels like that would fit the flow.

I just hope we'll see a little less LM02 this year, maybe it can finally win something convincingly. But if not the at least two Indy races (including power gear sections) within the first half year might balance out the slowness of the LM02 a bit.

Daniel3D

Quote from: Overdrijf on January 15, 2024, 12:25:38 AM
Quote from: dreadnaut on January 14, 2024, 10:48:06 PMHope you'll enjoy driving the Indy as a normal car, for the first time in a while.

We just did the Indy as a normal car, in the PG-less race.

Yeah, to bad you missed it. (I missed it myself as well unfortunately).
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

dreadnaut

Quote from: Daniel3D on January 15, 2024, 08:04:45 AMYeah, to bad you missed it. (I missed it myself as well unfortunately).

I know, I was quite disappointed :(  Not having holidays over Christmas managed to ruin a number of plans, lesson learnt.

Cas

I began with my new job in October, so no vacations for some time. Yet, this company gives me a whole month of paid holidays per year!  That's crazy good for an Argentine!  I've never had anything like that before
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

dreadnaut

Minor rule tweak (it's not actually in the rules, and it's more like fixing a bug)

Until last year, the team scoreboard would ignore fractional points, as they were meant as a "ordering" rather than "scoring". Starting in 2024, following last year's scoring changes, we'll assign fractional points to teams — the top two pipsqueaks of a team will always bring points!

alanrotoi

dreadnaut

Thanks go to @Duplode for spotting this, and for the actual code change!