News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Sports 2012

Started by CTG, January 21, 2012, 04:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

FOREVER CZECH HOCKEY TEAM!

Usrin

Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

The Russian team was damned strong with Malkin (he couldn't continue in NHL playoffs, muhahahaha), Ovechkin and Datsyuk.

But now let's focus on the Olympic Games. What do you expect from your own country (medals, points)? I think it will be the worst performance by Hungary ever (max. 2 golden medals, but rather 0).

Kayak-canoe: the current team is far the weakest in the last 20 years (our talents are getting too old). But still, they have the best chance to earn some medals.

Swimming: László Cseh is unable to beat Phelps and Lochte, Dániel Gyurta seems to be slightly slower than Kitajima, the girls are unpredictable. Where are the good old times with Tamás Darnyi and Krisztina Egerszegi?

Water polo: fvck off Serbian (/ Montenagger / Croatian / Italian) water polo team in advance. We are the title holders since 2000, but the core of our dream team is getting really old (some of them were already at LEN EC in 1997 / 1999), while the younger players are not enough good to win a tournament. My tip is a 4th place (1 Serbia, 2 Montenegro, 3 Italy).

Gymnastics: Berki is the world champion of pommel horse, but since it's a subjective sport with jury and points, he won't be able to win (or simply he'll make a mistake, Hungarian sportsmen have quite weak nerves).

Others? I don't expect a great surprise.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Where there's women's boxing event, I'm not interested anymore, as I announced before.
Chürműű! :-)

1341.23 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on May 24, 2012, 10:25:29 AM
Where there's women's boxing event, I'm not interested anymore, as I announced before.

That's only one "sport".

Btw I wonder about Usain Bolt's performance. He wasn't that fast in the last season.

BonzaiJoe

So you're boycotting the entire olympics because it includes women's boxing?
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

(liberal mode ON) Earth is a planet where female boxing is the part of Olympic Games. You should move! (liberal mode OFF)

The question was something else about the expected medals.

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on May 24, 2012, 01:23:18 PM

Yes, since with that, the whole games become ridiculous and unserious, moreover, the spirit of the Olympics get damaged.

1341.23 km

Btw there's an enormous Hungarian Fiesta in Debrecen, at the Swimming European Championships!  ;D ;D ;D

Four gold medals today and five silver/bronze medals, we are leading the medal table two days before the end...  ;D ;D ;D

BÖFF!!!

1341.23 km

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: Akoss Poo on May 24, 2012, 01:29:36 PM

Yes, since with that, the whole games become ridiculous and unserious, moreover, the spirit of the Olympics get damaged.

Too funny  ;D

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on May 25, 2012, 10:56:33 AM
Quote from: Akoss Poo on May 24, 2012, 01:29:36 PM

Too funny  ;D

Back to the topic: BJ, what about Denmark?

BonzaiJoe

I don't really know. I'm not expecting much.

Areas in which we have fair medal chances:

Swimming (we have one or two female swimmers that are really good, but probably not candidates for gold)
Rowing (4-person-lightweight) (we usually win medals in this, but I don't know if the current lineup is strong enough)
Handball (both men and women have a good chance for medals)
Track cycling, pursuit (we won silver in Beijing. Competition is very hard because UK, Australia and USA will probably all be very strong)
Badminton (as far as I know, we have good chances in male double, mixed double and female single)
Road cycling (it's highly like that Tom Boonen will win, if not him then Philippe Gilbert, Mark Cavendish, Fabian Cancellara, Nick Nuyens..... but anyway we have two riders - Lars Bak and Matti Breschel - who have a chance to win if they do really really well and also have some luck)

there may be others also.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on May 25, 2012, 12:50:51 PM
I don't really know. I'm not expecting much.

Areas in which we have fair medal chances:

Swimming (we have one or two female swimmers that are really good, but probably not candidates for gold)
Rowing (4-person-lightweight) (we usually win medals in this, but I don't know if the current lineup is strong enough)
Handball (both men and women have a good chance for medals)
Track cycling, pursuit (we won silver in Beijing. Competition is very hard because UK, Australia and USA will probably all be very strong)
Badminton (as far as I know, we have good chances in male double, mixed double and female single)
Road cycling (it's highly like that Tom Boonen will win, if not him then Philippe Gilbert, Mark Cavendish, Fabian Cancellara, Nick Nuyens..... but anyway we have two riders - Lars Bak and Matti Breschel - who have a chance to win if they do really really well and also have some luck)

there may be others also.

Such a long list... My bet is that Denmark will finish higher on the medal table than Hungary (DEN: 3-1-4, HUN: 1-2-7).

Chulk

I think Argentina's only real chances of gold medals are our female hockey team and yatching. Judo can get medals and maybe Del Potro in tennis or the volleyball team. Basketball team was an elite team but is too old now, football team did not qualify (Yes, despite being the two-times defensive champions!!!!) and athletism is a forgotten discipline here (although we have some young talents, hopefully we can give them what they need for future competitions).
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

BonzaiJoe

Congratulations to THW Kiel for another Champions League trophy  :)

(although it doesn't matter because it's still only handball...)