News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Sports 2012

Started by CTG, January 21, 2012, 04:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulk

Quote from: Akoss Poo on May 24, 2012, 01:29:36 PM
the spirit of the Olympics get damaged.
What do you think is the spirit of the Olympics? I don't see it damaged by including a sport both male and female play. I think it was much more damaged when they allowed pros to take part in it.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Professional boxing is getting like Wrestlemania...

CTG

Our male water polo team is weaker than ever (even USA kicked our ass twice). They are quite far from defending their title owned since 2000...

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

The olympics are getting started soon. It is time to make this topic alive.

I'm hoping for 4-5 gold medals plus 7-12 other medals from Hungary. That would be much less than the average Hungarian 'production', but better than the Beijing performance.

I would be glad to see Katinka Hosszú winning a gold medal in swimming 400m medley, Gergö Kis winning a medal in any long distance freestyle swimming, men's water polo team winning the gold, men's handball team advancing from an extremely hard group, and of course as many medals from kayak/canoe as possible.
Chürműű! :-)

1179.91 km

CTG

One bronze so far (female judo).

BonzaiJoe

None so far for us.
However, I was very happy to see Cavendish and the British team fail to win the road cycling competition. They did what they could, but they were not strong enough to kill the race, so they needed the German team and the Australian team to help, but they didn't until it was too late. This way, strong riders from not-so-strong teams could battle for the victory, and we saw a "real" race. It's not that I really like Vinokourov - after all he's' a known doper - but he is certainly a charming pipsqueak who brings colour to cycling. Also nice surprise silver medal for Colombia.

The only problem is that I quite like Mark Cavendish, and now he will be discredited in the media even though that the fact he didn't win had absolutely nothing to do with his own performance or how good he is. People who aren't very interested in cycling will not be able to understand this.
But we can't be quite sure.

Disappointing day for the swimmers yesterday. Cseh doesn't even reach the final in 400m medley, while Hosszú managed to reach only 4th in her main event, 400m medley. Kis' 6th place is okay.

Today's top events:

- HUN-SRB water polo, it is 2-2 in the first quarter
- HUN-DEN men's handball, late in the evening... we only have a slight change

Good news:

- Miklós Ungvári will fight in the final in men's 66kg judo, so silver medal at least
- Áron Szilágyi reached semi final in men's fencing, 4th place at least

1179.91 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on July 29, 2012, 04:41:33 PM
Disappointing day for the swimmers yesterday. Cseh doesn't even reach the final in 400m medley, while Hosszú managed to reach only 4th in her main event, 400m medley. Kis' 6th place is okay.

Today's top events:

- HUN-SRB water polo, it is 2-2 in the first quarter
- HUN-DEN men's handball, late in the evening... we only have a slight change

Good news:

- Miklós Ungvári will fight in the final in men's 66kg judo, so silver medal at least
- Áron Szilágyi reached semi final in men's fencing, 4th place at least

HUN - SRB 10-14, our team is a piece of old crap.
Of course Ungvári earned only the silver.
Szilágyi will finish 4th.

Don't forget Dániel Gyurta, he's a finalist in 100 m breaststroke - the first Hungarian ever swimming under 1:00.00. And he's a lot stronger in 200 m...

BÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!  ;D ;D ;D

The first Hungarian gold medal has just arrived! Áron Szilágyi is Olympic Champion in fencing!

Silver in judo for Ungvári, let's see what Gyurta can do in tonight's 100m breaststroke swimming final (which is not his main event).

Water polo: see another topic...

Production by now: 1 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze for Team Hungary.

1179.91 km

Usrin

Quote from: Akoss Poo on July 29, 2012, 08:32:54 PM
Production by now: 1 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze for Team Hungary.

Not bad! I think that realistically we couldn't expect so much for the first 2 days. And seeing our performance in the last years, I really thought that Hungarian fencing and judo wouldn't be world-class anymore.
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

Gyurta finished 4th, only 0.04 s behind the bronze medalist. Quite promising before the 200 m.

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on May 24, 2012, 07:03:41 PM
Btw there's an enormous Hungarian Fiesta in Debrecen, at the Swimming European Championships!  ;D ;D ;D

Four gold medals today and five silver/bronze medals, we are leading the medal table two days before the end...  ;D ;D ;D

The usual bad timing...

BonzaiJoe

No medals yet, but none expected, and things are really going quite well for us.

Swimming (we have one or two female swimmers that are really good, but probably not candidates for gold)
- our two serious candidates, Lotte Friis and Jeanette Ottesen Gray, are in their respective finals. Lotte Friis almost made a surprise by winning bronze in 400m freestyle, but took 4th place. Her favourite distance is 800m.

Rowing (4-person-lightweight) (we usually win medals in this, but I don't know if the current lineup is strong enough)
The "Golden 4" looked weak in the preliminary heat. Semi-final today. Medals seem sadly unlikely.

Handball (both men and women have a good chance for medals):
- Men's team has a better chance than women's team. Victory in the first match against Hungary (:P). Women lost against South Korea and will have a difficult time.

Track cycling, pursuit (we won silver in Beijing. Competition is very hard because UK, Australia and USA will probably all be very strong)
- competition not started. Strongest member of the team, Alex Rasmussen, recently got busted for messing up his whereabouts and is out.

Badminton (as far as I know, we have good chances in male double, mixed double and female single)
all our participants are doing well and are either qualified or will probably qualify for the quarter finals

Road cycling (it's highly like that Tom Boonen will win, if not him then Philippe Gilbert, Mark Cavendish, Fabian Cancellara, Nick Nuyens..... but anyway we have two riders - Lars Bak and Matti Breschel - who have a chance to win if they do really really well and also have some luck)
- missed this one. 12th place for Jakob Fuglsang.

Tennis: Caroline Wozniacki
- has been in some rough fights to get to the 3rd round. Medals highly unlikely.

Sailing:
- 49'ers and 2-person-somethings (not sure about the English name) both in 1st place so far. Looking very good.

Apart from that, some archers are doing pretty well and Michael Maze (table tennis) looked very strong in the 1st (or 2nd?) round. But medals are unlikely.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Water polo:

Hungary - Montenegro 10-11, zero point so far. SHAMEFUL! The remaining opponents: USA (they could beat Montenegro, I give 40% for the HUN victory), Romania (90%) and Great Britain (99.99%).

CTG

Male handball: South Korea was beaten by Hungary, great result.