News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Site-question

Started by roywiegerinck, February 21, 2002, 02:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roywiegerinck

I'd like to repaint my site.........

but I don't know where to start.

I thought about Deamweaver, but it looks a bitt complicated....

Any suggestions ?

DukeBismarck

Hello Roy, just heed, that the contents and the actuality are the emblazonment of a site.

And think of the people who don't use DSL or ISDN, they should also have a chance to load the site in a day.

zaqrack

Hoi!

I used these when designing the page:

Coffeecup HTML editor (1st Page 2000 before) for the HTML code.  It`s not too complicated than dreamweaver, but still full of useful cool features. 1st Page 2000 is free in advance.  

Paints shop pro 7 for graphics. Photoshop is good too, but I prefer this one.

Javascript: I looked up some net pages about this, and asked my friend in one case.

Image mapping, slicing: Coffeecup`s thingies know this.

I`ve designed it, and from then all the updates are done with the notepad (textpad to be honest.  )

I think Bismarck has right. 1st is the content and regular update and then the design is only the second. I hate flash, it`s slow and big, and unnecessary. HTML and Javascript rule. My whole page without the downloads and WITH ALL THE PICS is under 4MB. Startpage is about 100k (very important). I also like easy, but clean designs.

So I recommend you these one.

Zak

Bonzai Joe

You could of course also use some crappy free "drag & paste" program that you get for free and which limits you to only the few possibilities that are given to the "webdesigners" who are apparently seen as complete idiots. Just like I did!  

roywiegerinck

Thanks, for all the information ya'll !!