News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Recent posts

I really like articles like this - thanks for sharing.
Live Races / Re: Live races 2024
Last post by Erik Barros - Yesterday at 04:28:42 AM

Quote from: Cas on May 14, 2024, 07:23:42 PMI'd like to know which options are OK for you guys and how many would be OK with pushing it to the following week so that Spoonboy can join.

I agree with changing the schedule for a larger number of participants, it would be great to have @Daniel3D and @Spoonboy present. I can flex my schedule to fit in with others

Quote from: Spoonboy on May 14, 2024, 09:01:27 PMHonestly, don't factor me in to the plan. With family around, I wouldn't usually know if I can participate until minutes before the race!
Let me practice with the format on my own schedule first :)

Live racing is a very different experience to any other type of racing, the panic of delivering the replay in 12 minutes, but it's really cool, try to participate.

Stunts Reverse Engineering / Re: MicroProse F15 reverse eng...
Last post by dreadnaut - Yesterday at 12:29:59 AM
It's all explained

QuoteSome project goals:

• aiming at a faithful, bug-for-bug reimplementation of the original engine, then porting it to a modern platform to be further tweaked, not looking to do a remake.
  • compatibility with original game assets (world maps, plane models, sprites etc.), hence requiring reverse-engineering the custom formats used.
  • clean reversing project, hence I will not be releasing any copyrighted materials such as game binaries or disassembly listings, only the clean source code when it's done.
Stunts Reverse Engineering / Re: MicroProse F15 reverse eng...
Last post by Spoonboy - May 14, 2024, 11:38:08 PM
My first DOS Game!
F15II will always have a special place in my heart  ;D
I wonder what their aim is, and what could be achieved? Would be amazing to play a community-reengineered version.
Stunts Reverse Engineering / MicroProse F15 reverse enginee...
Last post by dreadnaut - May 14, 2024, 09:01:39 PM
Today I spotted this series of articles (oldest at the bottom) about reverse engineering the DOS game F15 Strike Eagle II — just a year older than Stunts.

Lots of interesting information in there. and the author also mentions Restunts!
Last post by Spoonboy - May 14, 2024, 09:01:27 PM
Quote from: Cas on May 14, 2024, 07:23:42 PMI'd like to know which options are OK for you guys and how many would be OK with pushing it to the following week so that Spoonboy can join.

Honestly, don't factor me in to the plan. With family around, I wouldn't usually know if I can participate until minutes before the race!
Let me practice with the format on my own schedule first :)
Stunts Chat / Re: Controller tests
Last post by Cas - May 14, 2024, 07:32:48 PM
Ha, ha  ;D   Actually, before watching it, I had the same idea of testing an optical mouse with a kitchen roll core I had at hand and it worked  8)
Last post by Cas - May 14, 2024, 07:23:42 PM
We're still in time to move it to the following weekend if you guys think it's good. Also, about Daniël's afternoons, I can do it at other times and it may actually be more convenient for me, but this is the time I know that has worked before. Otherwise, I can....

1. In my afternoon, which would be Daniël's evening... for example, at 19:00 UTC
2. In the night if it's Friday or Saturday here. For example, 04:00 UTC Saturday is great for me. That'd be early morning for Daniël
3. Let's say option 3 is what we've been doing, that is, South American morning, like noon UTC

I'd like to know which options are OK for you guys and how many would be OK with pushing it to the following week so that Spoonboy can join.
Last post by Spoonboy - May 14, 2024, 11:53:02 AM
I'll be away all weekend sadly, but will try a dummy run at a set time myself, as practice for when I can next participate!
Last post by Daniel3D - May 14, 2024, 10:14:40 AM
I can't, never in the afternoon.