News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT273 Kelvin

Started by Duplode, April 07, 2024, 05:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

@Daniel3D's track features (spoilers ahead!) an illusion walled chicane. While the illusion means you don't get to see the exit walls of the chicane while you're entering it, you can get a decent sense of where to place the car by aiming at the asphalt of the exit "ramp", whose underside is overlaid by the illusion.

Since this configuration is made out by fusing the lower parts of two u/d corks, there is a crest at the point they meet. While it's perhaps even be possible to take advantage of a little jump there, it's also rather easy to fly into the exit wall if you're going too fast. That being so, a conservative approach to begin with might be slowing down hard enough to keep the car on the ground, and then gradually pushing harder on further attempts.

Here is a GIF demo of navigating past the illusion:

Cas

It's incredible how soft the transition is
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

Thanks @Duplode !! This month seems to be a different type of race, not only the unique track element.

Duplode

Quote from: alanrotoi on April 19, 2024, 11:04:19 PMThis month seems to be a different type of race, not only the unique track element.

Yeah, the race has been evolving in interesting ways! Also, I'd say the track is very well suited for the LM002, so it's a fitting venue if that car is going to break its long streak of near-misses!

Daniel3D

QuoteAlso, I'd say the track is very well suited for the LM002,
That was kinda the intention when I decided on the dirt/ice area. But I hope its still fast and fun.  8)
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)