News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Pain vs boredom

Started by BonzaiJoe, April 12, 2008, 12:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

Would you prefer to suffer or to be empty? To suffer if it means at other times you are ecstatic, or to feel reasonably pleasant all the time? How much are you willing to suffer in order to sometimes feel beauty or true excitement?
I think a big part of what we call pain is actually pleasure. What do you believe?
But we can't be quite sure.

zaqrack

You know my feelings :) Moderate pain (may it by physical or emotional) is always a pleasure. Hard pain is suffering in any way, but the moment the pain stops exsiting you experience such pleasure you could not experience without pain.

So I'd rather suffer, but emptiness is almost death.

BonzaiJoe

That's a nice perspective too - the pleasure of relief from the pain. But that only counts for pain that isn't a pleasure, because relief from a pain that is actually be pleasure will then be relief from a kind of pleasure, which should be a negative thing?   I just confused myself.

I think pain is essential, and the part of me I hate the most is the part that just wants ease, relaxation, inactivity. It doesn't like the pain, nor really the pleasure, and it can prevent me from doing some things. But on the other hand, if this is really a part of myself, part of "I", then how can "I" hate it?

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Well I'm almost never bored, I always find a thing to do. Emptiness is the biggest pain I think, and my worst enemy.
Chürműű! :-)

1127.91 km

JTK

Emptiness is hard to stand but sometimes is very worthy to get filled with something new again... I am not scared of emptiness because of the effect of finding fulfilling things after emptiness. But hardly have I any time to get there...

Pain is very useful for creative processes like writing poems or music or something like that. I always experienced that being all happy I'm hardly able to write some music. It's easier for me when feeling something, that hurts... But anyway I also like being happy after all! :)
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Krys TOFF

JTK is right regarding creativity : without the painfull life of black slaves, there would have been no blues, so no jazz, so no rock and all its derivates. Music would still be same as in XIXth century : boring.

BonzaiJoe

Chopin, Beethoven and I are quite in disagreement there...

But otherwise I agree - pain, doubt and conflict fuels creativity.

Chulk

Quote from: Krys TOFF on April 15, 2008, 12:13:49 PM
[...] Music would still be same as in XIXth century : boring.
I don't agree with you here. I first thought it was CTG talking. Honestly, I didn't expect such a CTG'ish comment from you.  :)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulk on April 15, 2008, 03:39:15 PM
Quote from: Krys TOFF on April 15, 2008, 12:13:49 PM
[...] Music would still be same as in XIXth century : boring.
I don't agree with you here. I first thought it was CTG talking. Honestly, I didn't expect such a CTG'ish comment from you.  :)
CTG-ish comment ?
Well, "classic" music is only good for falling alseep IMO. Sorry for Chopin and Cie.
Only a few classic music are interesting (I like Walkyries' ride for example), else they're all way too long, way too slow, and with a real lack of guitar. ;D I like music when it makes me want to move in rythm with it, which almost never happens for me with "classic" music. Call me a barbarian if you like too, this is my "animal" part speaking probably, like in this topic. :D

Like Bryan Adams sang when he was younger (now he does crappy music, but at the beginning of his caereer (that is up to "Reckless" album) he played very good rock music) : "Everywhere I go, kids wanna rock". So it seems I'm still a kid in my mind. :P ;D :D

CTG

Boredom. I can't stand pain.

zaqrack

Just give me a pain that I'm used to.

alanrotoi

What the hell is this thread??

CTG

BonzaiJoe

It's one of my gay threads. I love it.

Chulk

Pain is good as long as it stops after a while to give room for pleasure.
Boredom is harder to overcome, at least for me.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)