News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

JACStunts Championship

Started by Duplode, March 23, 2008, 03:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Oops... sorry, I think that's a bit unlikely as the managing crew is very motivated (as you may notice by the site built in record time) and probably want to resume the championship ASAP. But I mentioned you and your issue on the Orkut forum just in case... ;)

Krys TOFF

Well, if race is sunday to sunday, I'll be able to join even if it starts today. But I'll have only 2 days for 1st race (21 and 22 April) and then only 3 days for 2nd track (2nd, 3rd and 4th of May). Quite short, but I can do it if needed.

Duplode

Third season is officially open! Here goes basic info for Krys and other interested parties, so that you can start at once:

1. Track pack is available for download at http://jacstunts.ueuo.com/pistas.html . Just click the blue link near the very bottom of the page, after the screenshots. (actually, one of the 14 tracks is missing from that package right now, namely the Lancia one)

2. The track order, just published on the Orkut forum, is:

DIEGO46.TRK - Jaguar XJR9 IMSA
ATALANTA.TRK - Ferrari GTO
RADASH5.TRK - Porsche March Indy
RONALDO2.TRK - Porsche March Indy
ALE18.TRK - Lamborghini Countach
PHOENIX2.TRK - Porsche Carrera 4
RUDAH.TRK - Lancia Delta HF
TICINO.TRK - Audi Quattro Sport
ERI4.TRK - Porsche 962 IMSA
RONALDO1.TRK - Lamborghini LM-002
DIEGO47.TRK - Porsche 962 IMSA
PHOENIX3.TRK - Lamborghini LM-002
ERI3.TRK - Porsche 962 IMSA
DIEGO45.TRK - Porsche Carrera 4

3. That means this week track is...

Track: DIEGO46.TRK
Car: Jaguar XJR9 IMSA
Author: Diego (diegocereal)

Start: 0:00 / midnight (GMT -3) 21/04/2008
Deadline (regular): 12:00 / noon (GMT -3) 28/04/2008
Deadline (late, *with penalty*): 0:00 / midnight (GMT -3) 29/04/2008

BTW: Krys, you had some luck with this drawing - this week track won't be so hard on your limited racing time budget (unless you're impatient like me and mess all the time the slow section a the beginning... :D). My judgement is a bit impaired to give a secure opinion on the following GTO track, though, since I designed it... :)

4. Rules are essentially what I forwarded before: NoRH w/o video and a variation of ISA rules (two wheels on/over, no elements may be skipped except corks u/d if you can fly over them and exploiting collision bugs to go through solid objects is forbidden as well).

5. After you finish your lap, send both the .RPL and the .HIG files to Igor, the manager, via:  igornsdm.at.gmail.com .

6. A more detailed FAQ in English with the rules fully translated is being prepared and will be on the site anytime soon.

7. Any doubts, just ask... either on this thread, or directly to Igor by e-mail, or in the "Campeonato JACStunts Brasil" Orkut community (our only forum for the moment, you'll need an Orkut - Google's social networking service - account to use it, and don't hesitate to post in English if you decide to see us there  ;))

Krys TOFF

OK, as I probably won't have too much time I started to race just now during lunch break at my job (no sound, so I raced auto-gears because I can't switch gears properly without sound).

When will we see a scoreboard update ? Only at the end of the week (so it's a blind race) or every evening ?

Duplode

Well, in the past season the race was blind except for rather frequent driver comments (and taunts  :D) on their performances. Part of the reason probably were time disponibility problems by the former manager, so that (as other things) is still not settled.

Edit: Actually, the main reason for the absence of partials is more prosaic. Even when they comment about their times on the forum, most drivers don't worry much about sending partial replays early to the manager...

Krys TOFF

Home-made (with manual gears and sound) replay improvement done and sent.
I was lucky that car was Jaguar, it's a very suitable car for noRH racing, and this track is not very difficult, it's just that I suck in sharp corners as usual. :D

Duplode

Quote from: Krys TOFF on April 21, 2008, 11:32:06 PM
I was lucky that car was Jaguar, it's a very suitable car for noRH racing, and this track is not very difficult, it's just that I suck in sharp corners as usual. :D

If you compare tracks from this season with the former ones, you will be able to confirm it was consensus that we should control track difficulty somewhat this time - there were some really scary tracks for the unfinished season. Although in general it seems we tend to like sharp corners... ;D

Krys TOFF

I created an Orkut profile and wanted to join the JacStunts orkut community but I need to be accepted by a moderator.
I just wanted to be sure that my replays have been well received and talk a few in the community forum. ;)

Duplode

That's great  :) You'll be accepted shortly, in all likelihood within today.

In other news, the "FAQ for Foreigner pipsqueaks" is already available at the homepage.

Duplode

The first race was quite fine - balanced competition and pretty narrow gaps at the podium battle. Results will be posted on the main site anytime soon, alongside with the rest of the update. In the meantime, Track 2, Atalanta, is already on... it's been a while since we last had a true GTO race, so you might want to give it a try  :) Just head over to the site, read the FAQ carefully and get going  ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Why is JacStunts site "freezing"...?
Round 9 is finished 10 days ago and still no results... And Round 10 is not started... There's always a similar delay about the update and the start of the next race?

Krys TOFF

Admin is quite busy (he even stopped racing). So all updates are managed throught the Orkut forum.
To reach it, you need a gmail mailbox and register in Orkut. then go to http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=48945546 ;)

Current active race is :
Quote from: IgorPista: 12.TRK (PHOENIX3.TRK)
Carro: Lamborghini LM-002
Autor: Igor (PhOeNiX_H)

Início da Rodada: 12:00 AM (GMT -3) 07/07/2008
Prazo de entrega (normal): 12:00 PM (GMT -3) 14/07/2008

Duplode

Krys pretty much summarized the situation. Not only the manager, but a number of other pipsqueaks have been skipping races lately due to busyness - there's even some talk already of doing an USL-like move for next season (bi-weekly races) to counter it. Despite that, those last non-updated races were pretty damn tight...

And nice to know you're following it too Mark... do show up around eventually! ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on July 09, 2008, 04:40:22 PM
Krys pretty much summarized the situation. Not only the manager, but a number of other pipsqueaks have been skipping races lately due to busyness - there's even some talk already of doing an USL-like move for next season (bi-weekly races) to counter it. Despite that, those last non-updated races were pretty damn tight...

And nice to know you're following it too Mark... do show up around eventually! ;)

If I have to be sincer, I sent a replay (igornsdm.at.gmail.com) for Round 9 two days before the deadline (that is 2 days before 30/6/2008)...  ::)   Attached here you can find the replay... (and I have a video too...)
It's a pity, I wanted to try to succeed to stay in 1st division (arriving 1st or 2nd in all last rounds), but by now...   :(

Duplode

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on July 09, 2008, 09:58:51 PM
If I have to be sincer, I sent a replay (igornsdm.at.gmail.com) for Round 9 two days before the deadline (that is 2 days before 30/6/2008)...  ::)   Attached here you can find the replay... (and I have a video too...)
It's a pity, I wanted to try to succeed to stay in 1st division (arriving 1st or 2nd in all last rounds), but by now...   :(

Oh, that's too bad! :-[ The killer blow in your issue was that 30/6 was not the deadline for round 9, but for Round 10 instead (this Monday we finished Round 11, so Round 10 ran until 30/6 and Round 9 ended a week before...). Also, Igor (the manager) was extremely busy on the Round 10 week, so we hardly saw him at the Orkut forum until Tuesday night (and we only saw the results by Wednesday, some 48 hour late). That might explain why your mail went by unnoticed... Anyway, as JACStunts' unofficial "ambassador", I'll quote your post at the Orkut forum so as to bring the issue to public awareness - and of course, I reiterate the invitation for you to join it so, among other things, you can follow the developments.

And finally, on relegation, my personal opinion is that having a "static" relegation system implemented in a championship so early in its history can be deleterious for creating too small divisions, and driving away new pipsqueaks who could otherwise challenge for the top... Specially with the dwindling number of pipsqueaks on the last few rounds (although many are supposed to return), I feel (in a completely unofficial position) the relegation issue is not 100% set, and your issue motivates me to push the argument (for dynamic relegation or no relegation) further. (and with it goes my hope you'd reconsider joining for the last few rounds...)