News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Illness

Started by CTG, April 28, 2006, 11:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on October 05, 2012, 09:20:38 AM
But wait... if there's nothing, we won't be there either. Shall we think on human mind and soul as a "software" of our brain which also dies with our body?

We might have to go further than that. A software is an abstract entity which is actualized by hardware; it can be translated to different programming languages, implemented in different ways and transferred to multiple devices. As for the human mind, we have no clue on whether storage, uploads and downloads are feasible, or even possible at all (short of sci-fi style molecular duplication).

Perhaps we might say I am an "one-percent believer" like you, CTG; though in a somewhat different fashion: while I do not feel the need to completely deny the so-called supernatural outright, I am in no hurry to make it fit into my understanding of the world, or vice-versa. Human reason does not, in principle, have assured the capability of comprehending the whole of the reality (whatever that is); de facto, however, there is little much point in thinking hard about something which cannot be reasoned about. BJ's image of the disco lights fits nicely here - it is mostly due to our own input that mysticism and transcendence settle into rational formulas and other sorts of permanence. As for the issue of a "beyond", sometimes I like to think of ourselves as accidental convergences of (quote-unquote) "energy" (or qi, vital force, will to power, whatever) which somehow came to see the world through a coherent perspective; such a cosmology, however, is mostly an allegory, without intent of describing reality.

P.S.: Drifting a bit, can't leave this topic without this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wp91YPGnLw

Chulk

Well... I really am a logical guy and all, but some things I can't deny. It has happened to me before seeing some kind of "energy", "ghost", "spirit" or whatever you want to name it. Never seeing a picture or anything about this person yet being able to perfectly describe him and his clothes. But I don't think there's an afterlife as heaven-hell or such. And I don't know what I believe happens after we die either, I don't have a theory about it. I just simply know this happened to me more than once and hence I can't deny it.
Of course I agree with BJ and Dup that thinking too much about it is useless. Maybe some time in the future we'll know. Doesn't matter that much either, because as soon as we know what happens after we die, we'll probably want to know what happens after "what happens after we die" ends.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Getting more and more confused... :D

BonzaiJoe

Here's a very rational video on substance dualism. Don't watch it if you feel like you need transcendental faith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS4PW35-Y00
But we can't be quite sure.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on September 19, 2012, 06:55:18 PM
Gluten allergy
Technically, issue with gluten is intolerance most of the times. Real gluten allergy (the allergy is what makes the immune system react) is very rare.
Gluten intolerance is usually seen when gluten content is above 200ppm. EU legislation now makes it mandatory to write on packaging if there is gluten or not in foodstuffs : <20ppm = gluten free, <200ppm = no gluten, >200ppm = gluten has to be declared.

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on September 19, 2012, 06:55:18 PM
you can't drink beer
Not so true. Alcohol produced from gluten cereals (like beer) is tolerated by coeliac people (name of people with gluten intolerance).
Protein is the issue, and there is no protein in distilled alcohol. Check beer packagings and you should not see that gluten is declared in allergens list.
Of course, a home-made alcohol or a not fully distillated alcohol may trigger the reaction as there could be remaining proteins. In case such beers are sold, gluten presence has to be indicated on packaging then.

Quote from: CTG on September 20, 2012, 02:11:33 PM
The problem is that most of the gluten-free foods contain corn, soja or egg (all of them failed at the blood test)... Diet begun yesterday evening, I'll keep it for two weeks to see if it has a real effect or not.
Right, usually corn flour is used to replace wheat flour. If you can't eat both, it will be complicated... :o

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulk on October 06, 2012, 09:51:57 PM
It has happened to me before seeing some kind of "energy", "ghost", "spirit" or whatever you want to name it.
I saw many things too... When I was drunk. :P :D

CTG

Quote from: Krys TOFF on November 19, 2012, 12:23:06 PM
Right, usually corn flour is used to replace wheat flour. If you can't eat both, it will be complicated... :o

Experts say my food intolerance is only a secondary symptom. The real source of my bad health is still uncovered.

(The last 8-10 days period was very painful with some new problems and it's still getting worse and worse. It seems my digestion process is quite incomplete, it's better not to talk about the details.)

CTG

Tomorrow I'm going to take a brutal laxative... Colonoscopy sucks!

CTG

Quote from: CTG on December 04, 2012, 03:43:00 PM

Preparation is far from complete.

CTG

Quote from: CTG on December 05, 2012, 11:40:59 PM
Quote from: CTG on December 04, 2012, 03:43:00 PM

Preparation is far from complete.

* CTG is suffering and bleeding.

CTG

The newest opinion of the "experts": autoimmune...

(Biopsy result: quite strong colitis with unidentified origin - negative test for bacterial/viral/fungal/worm diseases, extreme high eosinophil WBC level suggests immune problems)

CTG

Quote from: CTG on January 09, 2013, 10:49:54 PM

Of course it's not autoimmune (negative blood tests). All the doctors are idiots.

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on February 12, 2013, 11:03:57 AM

Of course it's not autoimmune (negative blood tests). All the doctors are idiots.
You should try to to get House to treat you...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on February 12, 2013, 07:00:14 PM
Quote from: CTG on February 12, 2013, 11:03:57 AM

You should try to to get House to treat you...

Suicide is cheaper.

CTG

Survived the winter without serious flu - now, when summer arrived, I'm knocked out by catching cold...