News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

5th IMSA Cup 2006? When?

Started by CTG, August 14, 2006, 11:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

alanrotoi

CTG

Krys TOFF

Really ? You want another one ?
Problem is to find interesting tracks to convert to Stunts. I already used the best ones... ::)
I'll search for tracks. ;)

CTG

Krys TOFF

Possible interesting tracks found so far that I could adapt :
- Road Atlanta (USA) I found track map and logo,
- Cabalen (Argentina), I need a track logo and good map because the one I have is too small,
- Donington Park (UK) I found track map and logo.

Main problem will be to find a track worth to be the final one. Spa, Monaco, Suzuka and Laguna Seca have been used on previous cups. Difficult to find another top track. I'm still searching.

CTG

Jerez? Zandvoort? Macau? Fiorano?

Krys TOFF

Zandvoort : here is the perfect difficult track for the final. ;D Thanks for the idea CTG.
Another track found also : Eastern Creek (Australia).
This makes 5 possible tracks so far (if I can find logo and correct track map of Cabalen).

edit : some other possibilities : Mugello, Shanga?, Brno, ...
I must check them all to see which I can choose to adapt to Stunts.

Chulk

Quote from: Krys TOFF on August 15, 2006, 10:11:06 AM
Really ? You want another one ?
Problem is to find interesting tracks to convert to Stunts. I already used the best ones... ::)
I'll search for tracks. ;)
Interesting competition. Maybe I'll race, though I don't think I'll be good at it!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Krys TOFF on August 15, 2006, 02:14:30 PM
Possible interesting tracks found so far that I could adapt :
- Road Atlanta (USA) I found track map and logo
Stupid me : already used during 2nd Cup.

Anyway, I found numerous tracks. So numerous ones that I had another competition concept idea.
It's too soon to talk about it right now, because :
- I have to finish WRC Stunts before starting any new competition
- it would mean a huge track design work, as it would represent almost 70 tracks to design, most of them adapted from real tracks. And I always want all tracks made before competition beginning to have enough free time to proceed with website updates and also my own racing on competitions when my competitions are active.

I'm still not sure the concept would interest all the community, so I have to think again about it, see how it would work best, which modifications into the main idea/rules and so on, ...

I'll talk more about it when I'll have a definitive opinion about this new Stunts racing concept.

DieselJoe

70 tracks - sound like a huge thing! :o I'm curious about hearing more soon!
"Why can't we not be sober?"
Tool

Krys TOFF

Quote from: DieselJoe on August 24, 2006, 03:05:39 PM
70 tracks - sound like a huge thing! :o I'm curious about hearing more soon!
See Damage Inc. private forum for more infos. ;)

CTG

HAHAHA, the hidden thing. I need a spy.

Krys TOFF

Well, now it's official : there will NOT be a 5th IMSA Cup.

Instead, I'll prepare a very different competition concept of Stunts competition that will require 75 different tracks (definitive number). Optimistic launch date : beginning of 2007. Realistic one : end of 2007.

I'll create a new topic to let you know the W.I.P. (work in progress) when all the tracks will be chosen and all the rules written. I'm still working/thinking of it.

Krys TOFF

Coming soon : some informations about this new Stunts competition concept.