News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

NORH - R5/2007 - "ABANDON"

Started by Mark L. Rivers, May 29, 2007, 09:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

2nd Checkpoint!

Chulk comes back to the lead redeeming his forced dull performance of previous checkpoint! Convictive race for the argentinian champion (must he convince anyone...?  :D) who establishes the new limit: 1'17"70.  :)   But, behind him, a more and more consistent Duplode: only for 0"10 the brazilian driver has not succeeding to remain at lead!  :o  So, for this little gap, he didn't catch the additional 2 bonus points (with other one catched last week now he could have 3 bonus point yet...  ::)) but only other 0,5. He can anyway be content for his great performance! A bit less me, the real tonked of this week: reaching "only" 1'18"15 (not very "lucky" strategy...  :( ) I didn't get any bonus point sliding at 3rd provisional place. But the race is still long, appearing very balanced and open, and it will be sure more when Krys TOFF will join (when he will stop to quarrel with his S.O.  ;)): we have said last week: strong emotions ahead us!   :)

P.S.
Password for Zip-file: "auhwygf54"  ;)

Duplode

Aaargh...!! :o
Anyway, this will be a wonderful race! :) I hope only to find time for clawing back some space before CP3...

Chulk

Duplode seems to be very strong in NoRH. Great. I have a problem with my computer's Hard drive because of Daemon tools over-use. I don't know if I can fix it this week. I'll race at a friend's for USL only as I won't have much time.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Mark L. Rivers

Mark L. Rivers

Update for 3rd checkpoint will be done with a little delay time (Sunday night or Monday). Deadline is not postponed. Just a free Sunday...  ;)

Mark L. Rivers

3rd Checkpoint!

Three new improvements by three different drivers: the battle for the win becomes really hard!  :)   I get the 1st provisional place with a very good time: 1'16"00.  8)  Unique disappoint for me is not to have reached (for only 0"25...  :() the time which could mean a whole bonus point. Behind me we find a driver who is not by now a surprise: Duplode!  :)   The brazilian driver, who can really fight for the victory, improves (0"40) his previous time overtaking Chulk, slided at 3rd provisional place, not having raced in last week. But we are sure that the argentinian ace won't miss to send an usual thunderous time for the finish, trying to complete his rescue in the championship!  ;)   And finally, outset by Krys TOFF: his first shot is quite far from the vertex with a not very pushed lap, but "Abandon" is a track which permits to improve quite easily and we'll almost surely find the french driver with a very fast time at the end. And if CTG would decide to take part to the race as the last one, the final would become really dazzling!  :)

PS
Password for last zip-file:   heuksn90  ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Mark L. Rivers

Final result!

After 2 consecutive victories by Chulk, I come back to win defeating the attack of my biggest opponent, but the real news which shakes the NORH race world is another one: thunderous performance by Duplode who conquers the 2nd place with a fantastic race that has lead him only at 0"20 to the victory!!  :o :o :o   :) :) :)   After the race of the brazilian driver is difficult not to say that a new star is born, and sure the leaders of the contest will have to make the counts with him in the rest of the season! Let's check some details of the race now. Duplode was the best at 1st and 3rd intermediates while Mark was the best at 2nd and 4th. So the race has remained in balance for all the track, and only some little hesitances in the two dirt final curves have impeded him to win!  :o   Chulk realized the fastest 4th section but he lost too much centiseconds in the previous ones to hope in the victory. About Krys TOFF (4th at the end without improvemets cause no time to race), he showed his known potential in last section, realizing the 3rd time, very near to the best drivers. We hope he could have more time next race!  ;)  About the general classification with the 3rd victory of the season I pushed back the Chulk's attack who was in strong rescue and, thanks to the 2nd place got by Duplode, the vantage of the leader rises to 5,5. Not very much being at half season, but sure an oxygen mouthful for me.  :)  Bonus point will be sure important and the fight for them will become hot! Next race will start next Sunday and it will be the 2nd Indy race of the season: who will want to lose the possibility to lustre his own eyes watching the wonderful show offered by a great NORH race?  ;)

PS
Password: lejcuw67

Duplode

This is absolutely wonderful!!! 8)  ;D 8) I indeed hesitate - quite literally - on the final corners, for I already wasted a couple potential 1:16:XX there and it was way too late to risk another - such are the choices we're subject in NoRH... Anyway, I'm particularly proud of sector 3 - for me, it was the toughest stretch of the lap. Congratulations to Mark, and to Krys and Chluk too, for for another thrilling race!

Krys TOFF

Well done Duplode, congrats.
I hope you spent a lot of time to do this result and so forgot to race USL track in order to let me win our duel. ;D

Duplode

Quote from: Krys TOFF on June 24, 2007, 08:12:31 PM
Well done Duplode, congrats.
I hope you spent a lot of time to do this result and so forgot to race USL track in order to let me win our duel. ;D

Jaja... ;D Indeed I was unable to race on Sunday, and actually I believed I wouldn't get a shot on Satudrday too. When I got the chance to race somewhere, I didn't try Havana that hard for it would require some longish research on new tricks, and soon moved back to Abandon. Anyway, obviously more time for me in USL wouldn't be worth a dime on this occasion... congratulations! (and thanks as well  ;))

Krys TOFF

Quote from: DuplodeAnyway, obviously more time for me in USL wouldn't be worth a dime on this occasion... congratulations! (and thanks as well  ;))
:D ;)

Chulk

Congratulations Duplode! Great race! It's good to see Mark and I have a new contester, but think I will always be this complicated and busy to race...  ;)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)