News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

RH - R7/2007 - "GATE"

Started by Mark L. Rivers, July 30, 2007, 07:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

It?s sure exciting to pass through a door that leads to an unexplored place. And this it?s what you?ll do racing the first official race with the last Stunts car born: SPEEDGATE XSD, developed in SDR laboratories. What will you find after the door? A new kind of speed. Until here, all Stunts drivers could use some fast cars, original and cheated. But none of them is able to permit to drive at high speed in a similar way you could do with a real car. Powergear is a wonderful Stunts bug, and sure all Stunts drivers love it. But, from the other side, it makes the cars very unreal, unsuitable to arouse the unique sensations you can feel driving at high speed. SPEEDGATE XSD will permit to drive at very high speed (until 245 mph availing the jumps) without Powergear, and you will have to manage it helped only by an high grip and very strong brakes. So you are now able to drive some known tracts (small and large curves, fast chicane, up/down corkscrew) with an unconventional speed, higher than normal thanks to a power engine (almost like Indy) and a high (even if not infinite?) grip. Moreover, a torque more similar to a real engine will engage the drivers to find the right moment to change their gears (not simply waiting the ?red zone?) so to avail the maximum possible acceleration. And the track where you will have to race, GATE, is what drivers need to test all new features. The door that leads to the real speed guide will open the 1st August 2007: pass through it and drive as you never did before?   ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Gentlemen, start your engines...  ;)

Duplode

Oh Mark, Stunts' track validation kept the gate shut for me... ;) after a bit of TB tweaking, it seems the issue is created by those two jumps into nowhere at North and South ends of the track (validator says "Jump distance too long!", as it should be!...), and that putting landing ramps after them clears the problem. So, would you please blind the validator for me?

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on August 01, 2007, 04:21:02 AM
Oh Mark, Stunts' track validation kept the gate shut for me... ;) after a bit of TB tweaking, it seems the issue is created by those two jumps into nowhere at North and South ends of the track (validator says "Jump distance too long!", as it should be!...), and that putting landing ramps after them clears the problem. So, would you please blind the validator for me?

You're right...  ::)
Anyway I've just made a little modify at the track (ramp not included in conventional track has been removed) and, if you download again it, now the "gate" is really open...  ;)
Sorry for the trouble!

Mark L. Rivers

My final time for CP1... 

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/Gate_Mark_CP1.part00001.rar

As usual I'll publish the 2nd part of zip-file after the checkpoint... ;)

Mark L. Rivers

1st Checkpoint!

It's sure: Duplode likes very much the new Speedgate XSD, and he doesn't make something to hide it!  ;) He pushed hard is car at CP1, leading the race with 1" on Chulk, 3"50 on me and 7"50 AbuRaf70. After taking a pause in last race (Drive), the brazilian driver comes back on RH track realizing a fantastic performance, without thinking at the strategy. And this wants to say only a thing: the new car lead him to express all his passion for the speed, racing with an unusual hotblood, true sap for a driver. Great.  8)  But even Chulk made a fast performance, sign that he feels the right sensation with Speedgate XSD.  :)  The championship is not closed yet for him and he can make a dazzling rescue to win the title.  ;)  Ahead them, a quite lazy Mark L. Rivers  ::) , who sure will try to make a more consistent lap in order to CP2, and AbuRaf70 that, overtaking again serious problem at PC, is intentioned to approach quite soon the group ahead him. Will we find next week other drivers who will want to passed trought the door that leads a new kind of speed? We hope it, above all for them!  ;)

PS:
http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/Gate_Mark_CP1.part00002.rar

Mark L. Rivers

2nd Checkpoint!

After a first snoozing week, I came back with a very strong time: 1'19"35!  8)  Reaching a time exactly 10" less than previous, I jumped at the vertex of the provisional classification, preceding Duplode, Chulk and AbuRaf70, getting also a whole bonus point. All drivers lowered his previous times over 3% (AbuRaf70 over 7%, very good) and this means that they are taking confidence with the new Speedgate XSD, maybe also  discovering better what the track, Gate, permit them. For only 0"50 Duplode succeeds to get other 0,5 bonus point instead Chulk and this limits a bit the possibility for the argentinian driver to reduce consistently the gap in the general classification wher, we remind, nothing is sure yet about the title. What will we see next week? 3rd Checkpoint will tell more about who will be determined to win this race and particulary if Chulk is intentioned to make difficult my path towards the title. Also we will know if Speedgat XSD will remain a quite known object only for these drivers ot not. This could make a real difference when it will be used in a next race. See you next Sunday, for the last bonus points at stake!  :)

PS
http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/Gate_Mark_CP2.part00002.rar

Mark L. Rivers

3rd Checkpoint!

Duplode comes back to the lead with a very fast time: 1'18"90!  :)  Availing the absence of the previous leader, the brazilian driver goes down under 1'19" making a new change of first line of the scoreboard. About other drivers, only AbuRaf70 on the track, but his performances are relevant because, with his usual little steps, he has by now reached his teammate Chulk, who confirms anyway the 3rd place. A week from the end and important questions still have to be find a response: who will be able to win this race?  ???  And who will try to make difficult the path of current leader towards the title? Seeing SDR NORH race, it seems that Chulk and Duplode have a particular feeling with Speedgate XSD and if they want can win the race. Sure Krys TOFF too (btw, we're waiting for his outset!  ;)), but only a week on board at the new car could be not enough to avail it as I can do.  ::) About the title, we hope we can see again a real fight for the final victory or at least for the final podium. Let's see if passion will be able to overtake all the obstacles to make a big show, so important for Stunts world racing!  :)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mark L. RiversKrys TOFF too (btw, we're waiting for his outset! ;) )
It will come to you soon, don't worry.
I need podiums to improve my ranking to be qualified for ISM 2008, and my holidays penalized me for the last races in all competitions. Next months will be different (or so I hope).

Mark L. Rivers

My final time for Gate:

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/Gate_Mark_Finish.part00001.rar

PS:
In my last comment (3rd Checkpoint's result) I wrongly wrote:

"Sure Krys TOFF too (btw, we're waiting for his outset!  ), but only a week on board at the new car could be not enough to avail it as I can do"

but I wanted to wrote

"Sure Krys TOFF too (btw, we're waiting for his outset!  ), but only a week on board at the new car could be not enough to avail it as he can do."

Sorry...  ::)

Mark L. Rivers

Finish!

After hiding very well his potential previously, Chulk re-appears in last week with an absolutely fantastic time: 1'14"15!!  :o :o :o   Domaining very well the new car, Speedgate XSD, the argentinian champion shows all his high skill inflicting heavy gaps to the other drivers. Behind him, in fact, I am at almost 3", succeeding to be faster than Chulk only in section 4 (+ 0"95)! Then, very near to the championship leader, AbuRaf70 and Duplode, with the argentinian who conquers a great podium  :) (fastest time in section 2 failing only for 0"25 the 2nd place) just ahead the brazilian (fastest 1st section  :) and only 0"15 from AbuRaf70)! Fifth is Krys TOFF, sure penalized having raced only in last week with the new car, not very much to discover all its potential.  ::)  Coming back to the victory in a official race after 5 months (SDR - Fluency - 25 Mar 2007), Chulk tries to re-open the championship. He has rescued 2,5 points reducing the gap at 16,5 points. I can thank to be resulted just faster than the 3rd and the 4th classified, because this would have meant to lose other 4 points, a result that would have given more hope to Chulk. But there are still three races to the end, and availing the Bonus Points and the placements of other drivers, it could be possible for the argentinian to rescue about 5,5 points for race. As this race as shows, current leader can't race very quietly last races.  ::)  By the way, next race will start the 1st September and drivers will have to drive the Jaguar XJR9. Soon a short description of the track! Stay with us!  :)

Duplode

Although I'm a tad disappointed on having missed the podium, this was, as could be expected, a most interesting race. The replays show wildly different choices both of path and handling style by each driver... Affirmative victory by Chulk; and a very nice recovery by AbuRaf -  congratulations!  ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on August 27, 2007, 01:55:43 AM
The replays show wildly different choices both of path and handling style by each driver...

Yes, I think so too. Anyway I also think it's to underline how probably MeganiuM's drivers have made a good teamwork  :) being their paths very similar in the first part of the race. Even Krys TOFF chose to cut the jump before the water-zone (best choice) while I and you have a very similar path until intermediate 2. Chulk made a very fast section 3 jumping at up/down corkscrew with an impressive speed while I'm the only who chose to avail the depression just beside the loop before the final fast bankroads-tract. And only thanks to this I succeeded to finish 2nd instead 4th...  ::)

PS
I've just corrected many errors in my previous comment (sorry, I was in a terrible hurry...); above all I corrected a "can" in "can't" (highlighting in red the correction) being the negation (remained previously in my fingers) rather significative...

Mark L. Rivers