News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

International Stunts Master 2008

Started by Mark L. Rivers, June 13, 2007, 08:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

I?m glad to inform you about the International Stunts Master 2008!

ISM 2008 is planned from 15 December 2007 to 29 January 2008 and it will see engaged the first 10 drivers of Stunts World Ranking in order of the rank updated at 3rd December 2007* (see at bottom for the details). The formula of the event will be quite different from last edition and it will include two distinct round.

ELIMINATORY ROUND

15 December 2007 - 07 January 2008 / Checkpoints: 23 and 30 December 2007

1) Drivers will race divided in 2 groups and all will have to race on 2 tracks (the same for both groups):

Group A

1st classified SWR
4th classified SWR
5th classified SWR
8th classified SWR
9th classified SWR

Group B

2nd classified SWR
3rd classified SWR
6th classified SWR
7th classified SWR
10th classified SWR

In each group, 1st driver at every checkpoint will gain 1? bonus on his final time (this vales for both tracks).
In each group, 2nd driver at every checkpoint will gain 0?50 bonus on his final time (this vales for both tracks).
In each group, 3rd driver at every checkpoint will gain 0?30 bonus on his final time (this vales for both tracks).

For 2nd Checkpoint, Bonus Time will be assigned to a driver who had sent a previous time only if his new time is at least 3% lower than previous.

In this round scoreboards will be update just after every checkpoint. This means every driver won't know the results of the opponents before every checkpoint. This vales for event manager too (if he will participate), because he will check (with RPLINFO) all replays just after every checkpoint.

2) 7 drivers will accede at final round in this way:

Firsts 2 sum of times of each group and 3 better sum of times of other 6 drivers not directly qualified.

FINAL ROUND

10 January 2008 - 29 January 2008 / LTB Standard Rule

7 drivers from previous round will have to race in a 3rd final track.

Driver with 1st better LTB will gain 1? bonus on final time
Driver with 2nd better LTB will gain 0?50 bonus on final time
Driver with 3rd better LTB will gain 0?30 bonus on final time

In this Round, update will be usually daily.

Final classification of this race, included LTB, will determine the champion.

Official Site is active yet and pages are going to be completed.
Info&Rules page includes English and Spanish versions

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/ISM/2008/index_ISM2008.htm

* If a race begun in next November won?t be finished at midnight (GMT+1) of 2nd December 2007, this race will concur to SWR classification only if, in that moment, it will be almost at half of its original duration. In this case, the positions at midnight (GMT+1) of 2nd December 2007 in that race will determine the results to be included in SWR.

Established the final rank for ISM 2008, a personal invite will be send by mail to the first 10 drivers of the rank. Everyone will be invited to confirm his own participation at ISM 2008 within midnight (GMT+1) of 10th December 2007. If one or more of them won?t confirm their own participation, the invite will be extended to a correspondent number of drivers classified after them, in order of ranking.
Contextually at the personal invite sending, a personal advice will be sent by mail to the drivers who will occupy the positions from 11th to 20th in the rank. The advice will inform them about the event and every driver will be invited to confirm his own eventual participation if he will be included in ISM 2008 participants list after the renounce of one or more included in top 10.
Anyway, a driver included in top20 can confirm his presence (eventual, for drivers from 11th to 20th) even if he has not received the personal invite/advice. He can send a mail to speedmark@libero.it within midnight (GMT+1) of 10th December 2007.

Chulk

Great. I missed last edition so I'm very happy to see there will be a new one this year.  :)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mark L. Riversa driver included in top20 can confirm his presence (eventual, for drivers from 11th to 20th) even if he has not received the personal invite/advice. He can send a mail to speedmark@libero.it within midnight (GMT+1) of 10th December 2007.
Even if I'm 11th only at this moment, I really expect to qualify for this event. So I confirm right now that I want to participate. ;D

CTG

I want to participate, let's say I have 90 percent chance for the qualification. ;D

Mark L. Rivers

Mark L. Rivers

A bit more than three months at ISM 2008! Let's begin to see how the list of participants could be. Actually these would be the groups in Eliminatory Round:

Group A: Mark L. Rivers, Dottore, Duplode, CTG and Krys TOFF

Group B: CTG, Chulk, Zak McKracken, AbuRaf70 and Bonzai Joe

Well, not very bad! But this is only a funny preview. We will have to wait next three SWR updates to know exactly the qualified drivers. Then we'll have to know who will give his confirm to join at the event. Even if it will be sent an official invite to the drivers who will occupy the first 10 positions (and an advice to the drivers who will occupy the positions from 11th to 20th so to relieve eventual vacant places), actually 4 drivers have given yet their confirm: CTG, Krys TOFF, Chulk and Mark L. Rivers. Yes, the situation is still fluid but, waiting for next SWR updates, it could be interesting to take a look for drivers intentioned to participate. They could begin to make some calculations about final rank and subsequently composition of the groups... ;)

CTG

I cancel confirmation. You know, the retirement thing... Sorry.

Mark L. Rivers

It's a pity for you... You could close your marvellous last season in a kermesse where you would have race with all your fellows, current stronger opponents included... A kind of final greetings.... But, it's your choice...!  ;)
Btw, if you won't take part at ISM (that have only 3 races and finish next January) because your retirement, this means you won't take part at whatever race after Mak?, USC included (that will finish next March)... Good for me, I could get some points more in your contest...  ;)

CTG

As I said earlier: I'm still active in USC but with reduced time of racing. It's something like sportsmen do after professional racing: to stop it slowly. As you could see I didn't race SDR and WSC in the last months. Now I finished ZakStunts (the end of powerful racing) but my own competition is still active.

Mark L. Rivers

Ok, ok...

So... these are the current groups at the moment:

Group A: Mark L. Rivers, Duplode, Zak McKracken, Krys TOFF and Bonzai Joe

Group B: Chulk, Dottore, AbuRaf70, CTG, and Werda.

And if there will be other renounces, these are (in order) next drivers in current SWR:

Argammon (12th but we'll see him very soon in TOP10...)
CTG (13th)
SuperBrian (14th)
Ayrton (15th)
Paleke (16th)
Diesel Joe (17th)
JTK (18th)
Sergio Baro (19th)
Hek (20th)

I sure hope that all drivers who can race at this event will decide to join.
I think that if special events like this are lived joyfully, with fun, passion and engagement, then they really can become a strong injection of vitality. And no one can say that Stunts world racing doesn?t need it very much.
I hope that all want to keep alive this extraordinary little world will decide to join.  :)

Chulk

mmm... knowing how groups go may cause some especulations about position in SWR. I like it!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

I don't calculate, I just want to be qualified, which is still not sure for me according to average-low last results...

Mark L. Rivers

Let's prosecute to take a look at current SWR to know how could be composed the groups which will give life to the Eliminatory Round! Keep in count the CTG's refuse these would be the composition:

Group A: Mark L. Rivers, Duplode, CTG, AbuRaf70 and Krys TOFF
Group B: Chulk, Dottore, Argammon, Zak McKracken and Werda.

Current positions from 11th to 20th (to replace eventual other vacant places): CTG, SuperBrian, Paleke, Diesel Joe, Sergio Baro, JTK, Bonzai Joe, Hek, Kub, Ayrton.

There are only 2 SWR updates before definitive rank, and some drivers included from 11th to 20th will have to participate in all next races if they want to keep their possibility to take part at ISM 2008. This is in order of a very low number of races that can be included in SWR list (that keep in count only the results of the races finished in lats 8 months). For example, Bonzai Joe has currently only 2 results in SWR list, and both will go out at next SWR update. He sure won't disappeared from SWR list because he's taking part at one of active races (and this is a very good news for all Stunts racing world!  :)), but a unique result probably won't permit him to remain in TOP 20 (even if he will win the race) so to continue to hope to replace eventual vacant places (anyway he could reach the TOP 10 if he will obtain in next races a serial of good placements as Argammon has just done  ;)). Analogue argument for Ayrton who will disappeared at next SWR update if he won't take part in one of current active races (USC, SDR, WSC). As usual let's see how the scenery is going to change!  :)

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/ISM/2008/index_ISM2008.htm

Mark L. Rivers

Less than 45 days to start for ISM 2008 and great activity in Stunts world racing!  :)  Today has been published a new SWR update, and we have so a new rank to compose the provisional groups for the Eliminatory Round! Minding CTG is out for his own choice:

Group A: Mark L. Rivers, Duplode, Argammon, Krys TOFF and Zak McKracken
Group B: Dottore, Chulk, CTG, AbuRaf70 and Werda.

Current positions from 11th to 20th (to replace eventual other vacant places): CTG, SuperBrian, Paleke, Sergio Baro, JTK, Diesel Joe, Hek, KHR, Bonzai Joe, Kub.

There's by now only 1 SWR update, that is the 2nd December 2007 at 23:59:59 (GMT+1), before to know the definitive rank and only few races can affect it (3 - 7 depending from deadlines of USC and WSC races that will start in november, and deadlines of the eventual ZakStunts and Kalpen final rounds). SuperBrian is trying to enter in TOP 10 and it seems he has good possibilities, thanks also to an increased Participation Rate! Bonzai Joe has succeeded to remain in TOP20 and this means he can hope to be rescued replacing eventual vacant places. Anyway, if he'll participate at least in next four races with an Average Race Points near to 30 points (4th - 5th position, a joke for a top driver like him), he could even accede to the TOP 10, thanks to a very high number of Quality and Stand Points he would gain. Let's see what will happen!  :)

BonzaiJoe

So, I'm 19th on the SWR list? :) Well, I'd like to participate if I can, but it sounds like it will be a bit difficult...
But we can't be quite sure.