News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

NORH - R8/2007 - "CALIBER"

Started by Mark L. Rivers, August 29, 2007, 07:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

After the marvellous victory by Duplode  :)  and with a very dazzling fight for the title   ;), we are approaching the 8th race of the season. What kind of race will it be? Well, it will be a quite selective race, where drivers will have to calibrate their brakes, gas, steering in many tracts of the track to reach a very good performance. If you want to know why, please read the following description of the track. After the first 10? (made not very easy from a strong brake that driver will have to begin in the last part of a jump approached in 4th gear), the first part of the track is very fluent, permitting to lead the car until a very high speed before to encounter a crucial hairpin that drivers will have to approach very carefully. If they will try to cut it too much, maybe their speed will decrease too much and it couldn?t be enough to overtake the subsequent jump composed by two ramps not connected by a bridge element...  ::)  (No fear, it won?t be a tract that will lead to stop frequently the race? obviously if you won?t cut too much the previous hairpin!  ;)). After the jump, a slow curve (not very slow if you will cut it?) introduces in the central part of the track, very fluent and fast (but be very careful passing in the tunnel in 4th gear between two fast chicanes!), where drivers can reach the maximum speed before to reduce drastically it (after a low take-off) having to succeed to insert their car (trying not to lose too much speed) in the uphill tract that leads at the final part. Again a strong speed increasing but not like previous, because drivers will have to approach the last crucial tract, a quite large 180? placed just before the finish. Will it be easy? Well, a quick downhill-uphill tract just before to invert the direction of your Jaguar XJR9 won?t make the things so easy?  ;)  Don?t you believe it? Then you will have only to do a lap on the track, beginning from the 1st September*!   :)

* Exceptionally, 1st CP won't be the 1st Sunday of the month but the 2nd one, and deadline won't be last Sunday of the month but Thursday the 27th September at 23:59.

Chulk

It's good to now checkpoint won't be the day after the race begins or else I wouldn't have raced for CP1. Track seem complicated and full of mix elements, let's see how race goes with a new NoRH expert like Duplode (Congrats again for you last victory!).
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

That's flattering, Chulk...  :) anyway, IMSA cars seem very well-suited to hard tracks, let's see how it will go.

Chulk

Just a stupid joke:

It seems we'll have to use our brake 'calipers' a lot in CALIBER!

(Yes, I know it sucks but still...)

Mark L. Rivers

Gentlemen, start your engines...  ;)

Mark L. Rivers

1st Checkpoint!

Reaching a very fast time at CP1, Chulk doesn't hide his clear goal: 1) victory in this race catching more Bonus Points he can, and 2) reducing a lot his gap in general classification from me, maybe availing the result of Duplode! Yes the 1'15"30 reached very soon from the argentinian champion seems really a "war" declaration compared with other results: Duplode is 2nd at almost 2", I am 3rd just 0"05 behind the brazilian ace (very important 0,5 bonus points lost by me, again bad strategy...  >:() and Krys TOFF is 4th with about 5" to rescue. What will we see at next CP? Sure the possibility for Chulk to get other 2 bonus points leads him to push very hard, but if he will reach very soon a very low time, this could impede him to catch other bonus points at CP3.  ::)    Anyway his principal opponent, won't have to make many calculations: I will have to push very hard too to limit the strong rescue that Chulk probably will make at the end of the race. Duplode's results could easily affect the challenge for the title, and this sure will make this race more and more exciting CP after CP!  8)  And we are quite sure we'll see  this time a very good performance from Krys TOFF too!  :)  See you next Sunday!

PS
http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/Caliber_Mark_CP1.part00002.rar

Mark L. Rivers

2nd Checkpoint!

Strong performance by me who succeed to defeat a very dangerous attack in general classification!  :)  After his very fast time at CP1, it was easy to think that Chulk would have to try to catch other 2 bonus points in general classification. This would have permitted him to try to recue many points in the championship if he will succeed to win. Effectively Chulk has lowered over 3% his previous time (exactly -3,59%) but I succeeded to be faster, even if only lightly (0"75) than the argentinian champion!  8) Anyway, Chulk mantains a light vantage about bonus points (1,5 against 1,0 catched by me) and a eventual his victory would permit him to rescue at least 3,5 points.  I say "at least" because there's another CP (that is other bonus points at stake) and there are other two opponents who are fighting for the 3rd place in general classification and who could place them between Chulk and me...  ::)  So... great wait for CP3, and sure great battle on the track!  8)

PS
http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/Caliber_Mark_CP2.part00002.rar

Mark L. Rivers

3rd Checkpoint!

Only a man on the track for this Checkpoint, he's the current leader who improves his leading time until 1'11"05. Having fear to let to Chulk the possibility to get other bonus points, I pushed to improve my leading time. I thought (and think) that Chulk is able to make a time 3% lower than his time realized for Checkpoint 2, and this would have meant that he could get a whole bonus point so important for the season. Instead, maybe Chulk thought that he and me were not able to lower their times over 3% (about me he's right... ::)) and so he has not discovered his cards choosing to give all for the finish. But what about Duplode? Is he searching the surprise-effect too? Or is it not time to race?  ??? And what about Krys TOFF? Will we see the great performance that he's able to make? Whatever answers we can now imagine, a thing it's sure: next 4 days (remember, only 4 days for the deadline, that is 27 September at 23:59:59 !) will be a long thrilling...  8)  Yes, the final result of this race is very, very important for all in order of the championship. Are we able to see in our mind the drivers engaged with their Jaguar on their PC in next 4 days...? ;)

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/index_SDR.htm

PS
http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/Caliber_Mark_CP3.part00002.rar

Mark L. Rivers

I'm trying to lower my time but I'm failing all my trials... Today last attempts...

Mark L. Rivers

My final time for Caliber:

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/Caliber_Mark_Finish.part00001.rar

Will it be enough? I'm quite sure it won't be enough...  ::)

Update will be tomorrow in the evening (just before 19:00 or just after 23:00).

Chulk

Maybe we can tell our times here after deadline, if it remains the same.

Mark L. Rivers

Deadline remains the same, 50 minutes to improve.