News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

NORH - R9/2007 - "RISK"

Started by Mark L. Rivers, September 30, 2007, 10:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

A track not properly difficult, without real critical points? A not very used car but quite easy to drive? What does it mean all this? RISK!  :)  Yes, the risk will be the real main element of this race, the ninth race of the season, the penultimate one! From the beginning to the end, drivers will have to push their Coronet Pulsar as fast as they are able to drive it, making no so many calculations during the race if they will want to put their wheels ahead their opponents. Anyway, here it is some info about the track. Fast beginning and maximum speed (200 mph) reachable after only 10-15 seconds before to an exciting blind jump.  8)   First reduction of speed (important but not dramatic) correspondently to a decided change of direction before to fly (real flight? ;)) into the second section of race. Again high speed (not very easy to keep for 2 obligatory cuts that will lead drivers to put their wheels on the grass) before the 2nd drastic (a bit more than previous) change of speed correspondently to a brutal dirt chicane placed between a tunnel and bank-road.  ::)  Third and last fast tract where drivers will have to avail some cuts and bank-road to reach and keep a very high speed (it will be easy, no fear  :)) before to arrive at the final. A not very quiet final, characterized from a brutal brake (that driver will have to begin just after to have left a loop/ramp needful to jump over a little ?lake?) and a brutal turn (more than 90?) on the right to insert the car in a more elevated small straight (not completely flat?) before the finish line? So, we all will see who will be able to drive his Coronet Pulsar STi-R risking continuously for about 80?: looking for strong hearts? ;)

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/index_SDR.htm

Chulk

Track sounds really interesting. And racing with a car never used before makes it even more attractive! Let's see our times at CP1!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Mark L. Rivers

1st Checkpoint!

The news is really clamorous: Chulk, engaged in the fight for the title and needful for the highest number of available points to rescue in general classification, opens the race with a very slow time (1'29"60) that doesn't permit him to catch bonus points, having got only the 3rd provisional place!!  :o :o :o  From the other side, I, having fear that his main opponent could get the 1st place so to be in a position useful to catch many bonus points, pushed as I never did in the past for CP1, reaching a thunderous 1'20"00 that permit me to stay on top getting also a whole bonus point. Exactly in the middle between me and Chulk, Duplode with 1"24"95 (0,5 bonus point). And now? I seem to be in a better position than Chulk, even if for me it will be difficult to get other bonus points, having shooted (useleslly...) so high for this CP.  ::)   About Chulk, he knows he must win this race to continue to hope to win the title, but he also knows he have to try to catch bonus points in last two CP. If he want to catch at least 1,5 bonus he have to reach a time that permit him to stay at least in 2nd position next Sunday. Instead, if he will want to catch all bonus points at stake for him (that is 3 bonus points) he have to stay 1st at CP2... And sure Duplode (and why not? Krys TOFF) could affect remarkably the things. Hard work for who loves predictions, and big wait for next CP... ;)

PS
Sorry I wrote bad (cut&past classic error...) the previous link for the 1st part...
http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/Risk_Mark_CP1.part00001.rar
http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/Risk_Mark_CP1.part00002.rar

Mark L. Rivers

2nd Checkpoint!

After the dull performance of last week, Chulk comes back to his level and now he really frightens!  :o  The argentinian champion reaches a strong 1'18"50, conquering the 1st provisional place and a whole bonus point. And the result of his main opponent contributes to lift the value of his new time: trying to impede that Chulk could take the bonus point, I succeed to improve his previous time, but only lightly (-0"45), and this means that maybe I'm very near to my limit.  :-\  If it's so, Chulk could really reduce a lot his gap in general classification, above all if he'll succeed to catch the other 2 bonus points at stake. In this way, winning the race and leaving the 2nd place to me, Chulk could rescue 5 whole points, and this means that last race would begin with the two top drivers divided from only 2,5 points! What a fantastic final for a wonderful season!  :) :) :)  But let's stop a moment, now... There are still 2 weeks of race and we have to keep in count the result of the others drivers, that, as we know, could affect furtherly the fight for the title! So... next Sunday will be another crucial Sunday on the way that lead to the title: stay with us!   8)

PS
http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/replay/Risk_Mark_CP2.part00002.rar

Duplode

I'm having some weird stuff with the track - about 70% of my laps are not closed by the game, that is, nothing happens when finish line is crossed. No clue if some kind of cut I'm taking could be held responsible, but the track is essentialy one way...  ???

Chulk

I'm not having any problems with it but, Mark permitting, you could stop the video after crossing the finnish line and then Mark can check the replay (only the finishing, of course!) to know when exactly you crossed the line. Let's see what Mark has to say about it.

Mark L. Rivers

Above all, happy to know you're well, Duplode! After 7 days without your comments or replays in a whatever race, I was a bit worry...
About Risk... It's really strange your problem... Did you already try to download again the track? Maybe it's damaged (disk problem...?). Anyway, Chulk's solution is good, I'm totally agree!

Chulk

I tried to find some strange shortcut which could cause the replay not to finish, but (even though I included slower ways) I didn't have that problem. Maybe you past the finish line too far away from it.

Chulk

Strange, Duplode was at the forum but didn't answer to this topic. Maybe he solved his problem?

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on October 17, 2007, 05:57:41 PM
Strange, Duplode was at the forum but didn't answer to this topic. Maybe he solved his problem?

Nope, I just got distracted with other topics and forgot to post back... Actually I haven't raced Risk again since Sunday. When I do so I'll redownload the track and see what happens (In fact, I saved a pretty decent bugged lap, but on watching the tape I realized there would actually be some penalty on the last section for that particular lap, should it be finished  ::))

Duplode

...after a route change the bug appearently vanished. No idea how...

Mark L. Rivers

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on October 18, 2007, 04:01:27 PM
...after a route change the bug appearently vanished. No idea how...
Great! Will we see a 1st or 2nd place from you, to make thigs more interesting or end the championship?