News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts WIKI

Started by BonzaiJoe, December 30, 2007, 03:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Pretty fast indeed  :) Just one thing: image uploading has been disbaled in the move, and uploaded images have gone too.

zaqrack

yep, just noticed, I'll fix them at home (no proper FTP access from work)

zaqrack

both fixed! (though still at work, but found a way :))

Duplode

Oh, did somebody call me?   :D

CTG's suggestion of adding a chronological rank of champions seems fine enough, but I wonder whether you think it's best to put it on the 'Chronology' article or create a nwe page altoegether.

CTG

Krys TOFF

Duplode strikes back to the Stunts wiki. I added the info of magic carpet for the Countach.

Duplode

On another news, it seems we finally got external traffic to the Wiki... ::)

zaqrack

Duplode

Zak: Bad publicity is better than no publicity  ;D

Anyway, I would like to call your attention for a follow up on the articles about car files and parameters, aimed as an attempt to detail further the physical basis of the parameters based on "experimental" input. Unlike the rather descriptive Car Parameters, this one goes more into an analytical direction. It is quite open-ended as well, so if you can think of a theme for a new section about some uncovered mechanics or bug rationalization just add a new sub-header at section 3 and start it up!  :) Also, I wonder if any of you (and particuarly Krys, who has that F1 car as a side-project) has better insight on how the "mechanics" of Power Gear work - it's sure damn confusing, to say the least... Here is the link to Car model physics

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Duplode
I wonder if any of you (and particuarly Krys, who has that F1 car as a side-project) has better insight on how the "mechanics" of Power Gear work - it's sure damn confusing, to say the least...
Problem with powergear is to have it "properly". I mean that, for example, Lada Niva Comeback has no real powergear. You can go up to 245mph anytime, anywhere. My goal is to get a powergear effect like indy's or NSX's, but different from those already existing. So far, I failed. :( Problem is that I don't see any real "key" to create the powergear trick in a car. All elements are linked together, gears and torque. Change 1 parameter and you won't get powergear effect. And testing all possibilities is quite looooooooooong. I still don't know if I'll be able to create a powergear car or if I will have to keep most of the indy parameters unchanged, which is useless then.

Paleke

:o Wow, this is a cool idea. Perhaps I should help a little... Especially with this:

http://wiki.stunts.hu/index.php/WSC

As soon as I have more time. ;)
I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.

Duplode

Dstien has begun to summarize the recent findings about Stunts file structure - check it out! ;) I was considering a while ago writing some content about 3D shapes, but was at a loss about where to start. Now with a general framework started it will probably be easier.

Krys TOFF

Thanks to Duplode and Dstein for their updates in the wiki, I forgot to create the FTT wiki page myself (shame on me) but Duplode was there to do it. ;)

Duplode

CTG, please settle the following issue on the wiki: should your trademark be spelled "Unskilled Stunts" or "UnskilledStunts"? :)

CTG