News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts WIKI

Started by BonzaiJoe, December 30, 2007, 03:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on May 29, 2008, 10:04:59 PM
UnskilledStunts

OK, Wiki pages already rectified  ;)

Krys TOFF

Jacky, can you modify the topic name into Stunts wiki ?

Also, I added in the Stunts wiki 3 new cheated cars mentionned as "hidden cars" in the Stunts page on main english wikipedia. Check it there : http://wiki.stunts.hu/index.php/Cheat_cars

The original article by JTK in main Wikipedia website has been modified a lot since its creation. I don't recognize it and there's a lot of info missing in this page. But I don't have time to complete it right now.

CTG

Location page is added, still a lot to work on it (coordinates will be added soon, pipsqueaks without exact coordinates will be shown on the map in the city centers).

Duplode, master of Stunts wiki: can you add the Stunts Google map to that site? Simple embedding is not working. Thanks in advance!

Krys TOFF

I wrote my coordinates in location topic. ;)

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on July 21, 2008, 05:52:58 PM
Duplode, master of Stunts wiki: can you add the Stunts Google map to that site? Simple embedding is not working. Thanks in advance!

Well, embedding Google Maps will require installing a MediaWiki extension like this one, much like (I suppose) Zak has done before for YouTube videos. Thus your request shall be forwarded one step higher in the command chain to our Monarch  :)

Edit: Actually, another extension, Google Map Extension by Mafs, seems more appropriate to our issue.

BonzaiJoe

Duplode, you listened to Disintegration!! I love you.

Disintegration is the best album ever to be produced by mankind - so deep and in possession of this rare combination of immense aesthetical beauty and artistic interest. Nothing comes close to Disintegration. I could go on for pages! But I will stop at 3 lines :)
But we can't be quite sure.

Chulk

How do you put that list as a singature? Not that I really tried hard to do it, but I would like to know...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on July 24, 2008, 05:26:33 PM
Duplode, you listened to Disintegration!! I love you.

Disintegration is the best album ever to be produced by mankind - so deep and in possession of this rare combination of immense aesthetical beauty and artistic interest. Nothing comes close to Disintegration. I could go on for pages! But I will stop at 3 lines :)

Beautiful music for sure... despite knowing a few of the songs superficially (from radio and etc.) I would never expect the album as a whole to have such emotional resonance - the first half took me by storm. I just feel I need to listen more closely to the (subjectively) more "cerebral" second half in order to appreciate it better, something I'm surely willing to do by now!
(and BTW, I need to mention you and Zak, with the occasional comments and track listings, were one of the many factors that had me putting some prejudices aside and getting interested in 80's post-punk and related movements... thanks for that :))

Quote from: Chulk on July 24, 2008, 07:14:44 PM
How do you put that list as a singature? Not that I really tried hard to do it, but I would like to know...

Well, first you'll need a last.fm account (a pretty nice music networking service BTW, official site and, for some more concise info, Wikipedia article). Then you will need to setup your music player of choice to submit your tracks to your last.fm profile - most players support it, either built-in or more commonly by plug-ins. Unfortunately the last.fm technical pages were recently restructured and are a bit of a mess so I can't really advise you on which page to go at the moment for the plugins. Finally, once all is working, head to http://www.last.fm/tools/charts and build your sig as you please... also, in case you liked my sig design with the Forum color scheme, follow to http://www.last.fm/tools/charts/SMFStunts  ;) 

zaqrack

Actually that was rather two lines only :)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: zaqrack on July 25, 2008, 03:23:15 AM

Actually that was rather two lines only :)
Depends of the width of your screen and/or the width of your browser window. :P :D

Duplode

At last I succeeded to start the DOSBox article. I wrote it more like a hub to different tutorials, with random advice from experienced users in between - please add your tips on the proper section... also, I made a section for sample DOSBox configuration files; it would be nice if everyone who gets to use DOSBox without problems would post their .conf file there - just follow the model and don't forget to add your computer specs :)

Link: http://wiki.stunts.hu/index.php/DOSBox

AbuRaf70

Muy bueno y muy útil tu trabajo, Duplode...
Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.

Chulk

Nice idea about the .conf files. I upload mine as soon as I'm home.

Chulk

DOSBox.conf uploaded. Please check if I didn't mess up with anything...

edit: I also completed a bit my profile there.

Duplode

Thanks Chulk and Zak for the .confs, and gracias AbuRaf for your appreciation  :)