News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

How to play and realize video with DOSBox - Tutorials in English and Spanish

Started by Mark L. Rivers, July 03, 2008, 07:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

Well, not so professional but quite useful...  :)

Hoping this could bring more drivers in NORH contest...  ;)

http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR/index.htm

AbuRaf70

GENIAL....!!!!   Mark...

Estuve viendo los videos y el Tutorial...  Muy buena tu idea de hacerlos para enseñarles a los que como yo no sabemos hacer un video de un replay, para poder participar en competencias de NoRH...

Aqui tenemos un dicho que dice:  "Loro viejo no aprende a hablar..."  es por eso que no estoy seguro de aprender a hacerlo, pero trataré, ya que estoy interesado en participar en las competencias de Krys...  lamentablemente me he perdido las que tu has organizado...

FELICITACIONES POR TU INICIATIVA...!!!
Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.

Duplode

Truly great initiative Mark, hope your videos get many hits...  ;) Reference to those tutorials can benefit a lot the future Wiki article on DOSBox, and simplify the work of article composers: we could put there summarized directions, accompanied by links to Mark's videos and Zak's opening post on the "How to..." thread, before discussion of more specific tips and sample .conf files.

And AbuRaf: aguardamos ansiosamente tu llegada... :)

Krys TOFF

Very very very good job.
I must talk about it in FTT news and put a link to these videos.
I planned to create a link page anyway so for sure it will be there.
I'll modify the rules page too to add the link to your video page.
Thanks for the job.

P.S. : a brazilian portuguese version for JACStunts pipsqueaks may be good too. If Duplode and you can do it  then all would be absolutely perfect. ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Chulk

Excelent tutorials Mark! They are very clear to follow and Spanish translation is very good. Did you study Spanish or something?
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Chulk on July 04, 2008, 06:14:44 PM
Excelent tutorials Mark! They are very clear to follow and Spanish translation is very good. Did you study Spanish or something?

Well, in 1998 I studied Spanish 3 months through a course in fascicles bought in a news-stand. I had to go in Spain 3 weeks and I wanted succeeding to understand and talk without many troubles. But after that holidays, I didn't pronounce a word in Spanish... (OK Krys, this time is easy...   :D) until I "met" AbuRaf70.  :) When I managed yearly contests in SDR, I often talk with him by mail and so I reprehended confidence with the language. Anyway, I think to have found a good dictionary on-line that help me to find (not always but often) the right terms tu use...  ;)
But... thanks, anyway!

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mark L. Riversa word in Spanish... (OK Krys, this time is easy...   :D)
Sure. Way too easy. There's a word in Spanish, that I don't undersand. But I heard it in a film one time, spoken by the leading man... Famous song by the crazy-glasses-guy. ;D

Duplode

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on July 04, 2008, 01:58:48 PM

I'm waiting for Duplode's translation...  ;)

...and here you have it! ;) Both translations are included in the .txt, first the "How to play..." one and then the "How to record..." one.
BTW, just to socialize all efforts, I should mention the folks at JACStunts also have a few  Portuguese tutorials arranged (which you can locate from here). However, their directions have a different approach than Mark's (funny how no two people seem to use DOSBox in the same way...  :)), and of course when it comes to helping people to play Stunts the more the merrier! :)
Back to my translation, I mostly preserved Mark's original composition, just adding a couple of phrases when fit. The one major problem opted to make the cheesiest adaptation I could devise...  :D

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on July 05, 2008, 05:56:00 AM
Both translations are included in the .txt, first the "How to play..." one and then the "How to record..." one.
Back to my translation, I mostly preserved Mark's original composition, just adding a couple of phrases when fit. The one major problem opted to make the cheesiest adaptation I could devise...  :D

I thought that English was the "shortest" language in the world, but... I see that Portuguese is mooore short!!  :D

zaqrack

BonzaiJoe

But we can't be quite sure.

Mark L. Rivers

Anyway, seeing the file txt that Duplode attached in his last comment, I insist: "Portuguese" is the shortest!  :)

Duplode

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on July 05, 2008, 01:05:21 PM

Anyway, seeing the file txt that Duplode attached in his last comment, I insist: "Portuguese" is the shortest!  :)

LOL, damn!! :D I read this sequence of posts some three times trying to make what you guys were meaning before I actually downloaded the "translation". It seems I renamed the file during the process of attachment... anyway, here is the real thing, sorry for your inconvenience. And "on-topic", Portuguese is more on the longish side - but still somewhat shorter than Spanish  ;).

Duplode

Sorry for deliberately ignoring the "Edit" button, but I just want to highlight the last sentence of my second post within this thread (the one with the empty file) is incomplete. It should read:

Quote from: Duplode
The one major problem was that the "Stunts, the never ending game" slogan sounds pretty bad when literally translated to Portuguese, and since I suck at creating slogans I plainly opted to make the cheesiest adaptation I could devise...  :D

Suggestions (?!) to solve this issue are, of course, welcome...  ;D