News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT 85 - The worst track ever...

Started by CTG, June 10, 2008, 11:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Rotoi on July 08, 2008, 06:11:16 AM
Only 1 page of discussion!!?!?!?!? HMmm let's open a theme.... guys... I cheated, I used the new program made by Mark Nailwood called Shortcut Finder (not the pipsqueak xD). I also created some alterego. Ayrton is my avatar, is my shadow. Anelio (aburaf70) is me in the future, I (aburaf version) came from the future and he knows all the tracks, its shortcuts and its results! Yeah!
LOL ! :D you forgot to mention Tsino in your ghosts list. ;D

Duplode

...and all of a sudden the scoreboard gets really busy! Wonder what place I'll be able to scrape in such a star-studded field... :)

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: Rotoi on July 08, 2008, 06:11:16 AM
Only 1 page of discussion!!?!?!?!? HMmm let's open a theme.... guys... I cheated, I used the new program made by Mark Nailwood called Shortcut Finder (not the pipsqueak xD). I also created some alterego. Ayrton is my avatar, is my shadow. Anelio (aburaf70) is me in the future, I (aburaf version) came from the future and he knows all the tracks, its shortcuts and its results! Yeah!

That is incredibly clever! I also have a future alter ego. He will win all 12 tracks in the 2027 season. Just you watch out!
But we can't be quite sure.

zaqrack

CTG

The cheap and invalid trick used by Meganium and me: jumping from the cork l/r (around 50 seconds) back to the first tile of the divided road at the beginning.

As for me, it can't be accepted (not crossing the finish line).

alanrotoi

CTG

Quote from: Rotoi on July 24, 2008, 09:48:57 PM
You got mad   ;D

Not really. I can do that trick but somehow I feel it's a dirty one. Even if I finish in worse position on the original line.

Zak: please confirm if this trick is valid or not as soon as possible.

Krys TOFF

I did the red cut and got a raced time faster than anybody else... But with 2'09" penalty time. ;) ;D

Duplode

Hmm... on one hand no written rules actually prevent this, and on the other hand this very brutal (and eons old) bug exploit feels quite cheap and displeasing. I would prefer to see it canceled, although my position is not really objective and it remains a tough decision for Zak to make on the final day. BTW, is there really no proper ZCT precedent for this situation? Closest thing I can think of were the issues in SDR'06 which led to the implementation of on-track checkpoints, but of course that's meaningless here. 

zaqrack

we had this issue before (just can't remember the track), and this trick was considered INVALID. You have to cross the finish line, and do that from the driving direction. It is my fault is was not stated in the rules previously.
Taken in view that all of those who made this track, had a decent replay before the cheated ones were sent, these times are deleted. Everyone involved will get a notification in email.

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on July 25, 2008, 03:30:08 AM
we had this issue before (just can't remember the track), and this trick was considered INVALID. You have to cross the finish line, and do that from the driving direction. It is my fault is was not stated in the rules previously.
Taken in view that all of those who made this track, had a decent replay before the cheated ones were sent, these times are deleted. Everyone involved will get a notification in email.

Thank you! I worked a lot on the second half of my original replay.

Duplode

In the end my lap was actually better than I supposed, or at least the initial minute (if only I had succeeded in being a bit more aggressive at the cork/corner combos...). Nice lap from CTG, wonderful return by Alan and finally:

That's Ayrton rounding that hairpin at 31.50... 8)

CTG

There was only a single surprise in Ayrton's lap: the hairpin part (that was really amazing, there are still many things to learn for us in this game). All the other tricks were expected for ages (I had no time and motivation to improve - too bad, Rotoi was very close).

AbuRaf70

FELICITACIONES para Ayrton, Alan Rotoi (reaparecido después de mucho tiempo) y para CTG,
por haber llegado en los tres primeros lugares de esta inigualable Z85...

Creo que ha sido una de las más apasionantes competencias de los últimos tiempos...

Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.