News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R

Started by Duplode, February 20, 2008, 11:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following is the best choice for the Skyline 3D shape?

Corvette ZR1 (similar large proportions;plus it also has characteristic four round taillights)
0 (0%)
Audi Quattro Sport (boxy shape derived from a standard saloon, sorta like the GT-R)
0 (0%)
Honda NSX (a Japanese sport car from the same era...)
2 (66.7%)
Something else
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on October 31, 2008, 03:01:58 PM
...you can say it's more on the "top secret" side   :)
What I feared... Damn!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on October 31, 2008, 04:42:31 PM
What I feared... Damn!

Such anticipation... :) All I'm sure of is that I won't release a semi-finished version, though - Originally I was to fix release date at 30/11 as well, but with some luck it may be earlier than that. ;)

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on October 31, 2008, 05:01:09 PM
Quote from: Chulk on October 31, 2008, 04:42:31 PM
What I feared... Damn!

Such anticipation... :) All I'm sure of is that I won't release a semi-finished version, though - Originally I was to fix release date at 30/11 as well, but with some luck it may be earlier than that. ;)
Hopefully! I can't wait to test new cars!

Duplode

Poll: what is your opinion on light blue/purple meter backgrounds as substitute for white ones, that can't be implemented due to the needle being white? Is the needle too hard to see? Does the color look strange?

cody

looks sweet! i can see the needle no prob

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on November 03, 2008, 02:17:58 AM
Poll: what is your opinion on light blue/purple meter backgrounds as substitute for white ones, that can't be implemented due to the needle being white? Is the needle too hard to see? Does the color look strange?

I suggest to use slightly darker background color.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on November 03, 2008, 02:17:58 AM

For Speedgate XSD I chose purple meter background just to see better the needle. White is not unvisible, but not very easy to see...

Duplode

Plans aborted for the light-coloured meters: some extra googling led me to find the stock R32 GTR had no white meters, so I won't add that complication gratuitously. Maybe for the GT3 later on... but thanks for the input.

Duplode

The Skyline is approaching completion faster than I thought... barring some tiny car0 details I'd rather overlay directly in Stressed, the .OBJ models for car0 and car1 have entered "feature freeze". The stda* part of the dashboard is, other than for smoothing a few rough edges left from the edition process, finished - and dashboard meters are functional already. Finally, performance is probably fine enough already; the only decision still to make being about grip levels - I need some extra testing to decide whether to keep current grip (~17% better than NSX, Carrera, etc.) or to lower it slightly.

Now, with car0 and car1 frozen, we can start thinking on paint jobs. Blue, Red, Yellow, Silver and Violet are sure to be used. Since I don't want to use much more than 7 or 8 colours (too inconvenient to cycle through all colours on car selection), please tell me suggestions on colours you think that can't be absent, so I can weigh more opinions for my decision. I would modify the poll above, but it seems there's no way to allow you to vote in more than one option by editing it... thanks in advance  ;)

Krys TOFF

Good news.
Anyway, as long as there's a yellow color, there's no need of other ones, except black/dark grey maybe.

Duplode

Quote from: Krys TOFF on November 10, 2008, 02:20:26 PM
Anyway, as long as there's a yellow color, there's no need of other ones, except black/dark grey maybe.

You'll be pleased when you get to see the car painted in yellow then, I think it looks particularly good ;)

Anyway, I forgot to append to my post a list of some available colours, ordered by the (current) likelihood of me including them. Please comment if you have strong feelings on any of them:

Dark Grey (~90% chance of being included)
Golden
Dark Green
Dark Red (if possible, darker than the default Vette colour)
Light Blue (lighter than cyan, I still need to confirm if that's really viable)
Orange-ish brown (same as above, just had the idea and need to check feasibility)
Light Purple
Black
Light Green
Pink
Cyan (99% sure not to include it)

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on November 10, 2008, 03:48:05 PM
Weeeeh!!!! That and having Silver confirmed is all I need

Please don't

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on November 10, 2008, 06:33:48 PM
Weeeeh!!!! That and having Silver confirmed is all I need

OK, probability has just increased to 99%  ;)

Quote from: Chulk on November 10, 2008, 06:33:48 PM
Please don't

Please don't include it or please don't exclude it? :)

Chulk

Don't include it. Or don't exclude it. I don't really care as I'll use Grey/Silver...

Duplode

Now that Z100 is over and we won't have Skyline races for a while it seems a good time to spread the word on this little update. A few months ago I came to realize the Skyline 3D shape was designed without regard to the non-standard aspect ratio of Stunts, which stretches the graphics vertically. That led me to scale the vertical dimensions of the car by a factor of 5/6, which makes it look much more proportional and sleek, as well as fitting much better visually with the other cars in Stunts. This version is available (in fact since a few months ago) from the download area of Southern Cross site, labelled as "Skyline 1.1". The important thing to bear in mind is that no changes to physics parameters or to the dashboard layout were made, and thus the car is 100% compatible with the older version for competition purposes. In fact, I actually used the corrected version for racing in Z100. The update is merely graphical, and if someone happens to miss it it will make absolutely no difference competition-wise. Anyway, better eye-candy is always good  :) I would be thankful if this update was added to the 2010 official ZakStunts download packages as well.