News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Everything about computers

Started by CTG, January 23, 2007, 12:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

My web browser is...

Internet Explorer
3 (13%)
Firefox
9 (39.1%)
Opera
2 (8.7%)
Google Chrome
6 (26.1%)
Safari
1 (4.3%)
Konqueror
1 (4.3%)
else
1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

BonzaiJoe

Pretty good music all around there, Duplode :) (except Damien Rice and Metallica (sorry all other Stunts pipsqueaks  :P))
But we can't be quite sure.

zaqrack

amarok is awesome, my primary and only music player for my collection at home. My last.fm is biased a bit lately, as Andi also uses the same computer for listening to music when I'm not at home. :)

Chulk

Guys, does any of you know a program or something to change my IP easily? It's just that I want to create some ghosts and I don't want Zak to know...  ;)
I found a webpage which pays you for viewing and ad for 30 secs. I want to change my IP so I can refer to myself a couple of times and then get the money faster. (I want to buy KT in Batracer and maybe Supporter pack for Hattrick...).

Thanks for the help.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on September 29, 2008, 05:26:19 AM
Guys, does any of you know a program or something to change my IP easily? It's just that I want to create some ghosts and I don't want Zak to know...  ;)
I found a webpage which pays you for viewing and ad for 30 secs. I want to change my IP so I can refer to myself a couple of times and then get the money faster. (I want to buy KT in Batracer and maybe Supporter pack for Hattrick...).

Thanks for the help.

Don't expect any hints from me. I tried to use one but I was warned by the hostel's system admin that using IP masks means a really long ban... (stupid rules, P2P programs are also forbidden)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulk on September 29, 2008, 05:26:19 AM

Thanks for the help.
How is your web acces ? Fixed IP or dynamic IP ?

If it's a fixed one, only possibility is to use an online proxy server and therefore fake an IP. But it will work only for browsing the web, I don't think it will work for your ad-watching program. For BATRacer, if somebody else is using the same proxy, then it will result as your account and the account of the other guy both blocked.

If you have a dynamic IP, simply disconnect your modem box, wait a few seconds, and reconnect it. Verify that your IP is modified (sometime your IP stays the same even with this) : start menu, execute, and type winipconfig or ipconfig (depending of your windows version) to see your IP. Modifying the IP with this (win)ipconfig program doesn't work if you use a ADSL access. It works only for old-fashioned standard 56k (or slower) modems.

When I switched to fast ADSL access (24 Mb, before it was only 8Mb), I was forced to have a fixed IP. Before that, I simply used the disconnecte/reconnect trick to change my IP, which is useful for downloading from Rapidshare (RS), Megaupload (MU) and so on, without beeing forced to wait between 2 downloads (this limitation has been removed recently from Rapidshare anyway). I got all my TV series episodes through RS/MU/... links, not from P2P. ;)

Chulk

I have a fixed IP. I tried online proxies but they suck with verification codes... I tried 4 or 5 and none of them send that code correctly. Duplode, you use proxy sometimes, right? Any ideas?

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on October 03, 2008, 09:03:19 PM
I have a fixed IP. I tried online proxies but they suck with verification codes... I tried 4 or 5 and none of them send that code correctly. Duplode, you use proxy sometimes, right? Any ideas?

Indeed, most open proxy services do not support secure translations of passwords and such (all for the better of your safety, I guess...). If your problem was the other way around (getting a fixed address from dynamic IP) I could suggest you something like www.dyndns.com , but I know no better way of masking IP than by proxies... :-\

Chulk

Don't worry. Stupid me, erasing cookies just came to my mind tonight, and guess what? It works perfectly (we should have a "I'm so stupid" smiley...)

Duplode

Hadn't seen the new poll, my answer is 2^8...
Anyway, in case anyone wondered how stunts.hu pages render on a text-mode browser, here it is:

CTG

Chulk

Bye bye stunts replays for this weekend deadlines! My HD failed and I can't start my PC. I'm using my brother's computer but as it is still in guarrantee, I can't open the case to put my HD as slave, and installing/downloading is absolutely forbiden, so no stunts for me unless I buy a new HD for my PC and put mine as slave there...

Duplode

Ouch, HD failures hurt, in many levels... :-X  FTT #9 being only one of them... :( Hopefully you'll at least get to recover your data from it.

Quote from: Chulk on November 05, 2008, 03:25:46 AM
I'm using my brother's computer (...) and installing/downloading is absolutely forbiden, so no stunts for me unless I buy a new HD for my PC and put mine as slave there...

There is an emergency solution which may work well to get around your sibling diplomatics: There is a portable version of DOSBox available here. Put it and an installation of Stunts into a pendrive and play directly from it - your brother's HD won't ever see a single file, nor will his configurations be touched. The only annoyance is that you won't be able to install the ZMBV codec to watch DOSBox-made videos from Windows Media Player, but it seems the latest version of VLC Media Player (portable as well) can handle them.

Chulk

Now I only need a pendrive... I'll probably get the HD this week, so some racing may happen towards the weekend.

Chulk

I bought a new HD and could get most of the info of the old one (used as slave from now on) Only lost stunts files, some music (luckily not all of it), some movies and 3rd season of Heroes  :'(
I'll make a quick replay for USC and then I'll race FTT09

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulklost 3rd season of Heroes  :'(
Nice 3rd season, I find back the interest of 1st one. 2nd season was a deception, not enough rythm, and main plot (the virus) explained too late.
Sadly, I don't keep episodes and delete them once seen, but I can try to find if download links are stilml active if you want. ;)