News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Everything about computers

Started by CTG, January 23, 2007, 12:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

My web browser is...

Internet Explorer
3 (13%)
Firefox
9 (39.1%)
Opera
2 (8.7%)
Google Chrome
6 (26.1%)
Safari
1 (4.3%)
Konqueror
1 (4.3%)
else
1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Chulk

Quote from: Krys TOFF on November 06, 2008, 03:33:53 PM
Quote from: Chulklost 3rd season of Heroes  :'(
Nice 3rd season, I find back the interest of 1st one. 2nd season was a deception, not enough rythm, and main plot (the virus) explained too late.
Sadly, I don't keep episodes and delete them once seen, but I can try to find if download links are stilml active if you want. ;)
Don't worry. I know exactly where to get them (going to Argenteam.net) Thanks anyway.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

drunk guy ruined his computer

will be short:

opening mineral water bottle

too many carbon dioxide so it poured everywhere

everywhere=notebook's keyboard too

my computer became mad and i can't handle it (some keys detect fluent pressing although i don't touch them

it took about twenty minutes to write this message

don't expect any updates posts or whatever in the following days

thanks for your patience!

zaqrack

but you did not make any spelling mistakes :)

Chulk

Quote from: zaqrack on November 07, 2008, 08:29:30 AM
He probably did and corrected them, that's why it took him 20 min.

Duplode

It seems there's a bad omen around our computers, we'd better beware. Speaking of water-on-electronics accidents, I almost lost a new 2GB pen drive two weeks ago by forgetting to close one of my backpack zippers amidst pouring rain. You could drain the water from inside the thing... ::) I had to nearly toast it with a hair dryer, and even then it only returned to its normal state after two days...

BonzaiJoe

Oh no, this is bad...

That's what caused my right arrow key's malfunction: I spilled coke on it. That kept me out of ZCT68 and half of ZCT69, and now 20 tracks later it still sometimes detects fluent pressing and/or doesn't react to touch.
But we can't be quite sure.

Chulk

I never had problems with fluids and computers. Hope I don't jynx it.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulk
I never had problems with fluids and computers.
Who told you that the "coke" he was talking about was a liquid ? There is another kind of "coke" (the one that "don't lie", as Eric Clapton sang). ;D

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on November 07, 2008, 08:29:30 AM

Cause I wasn't drunk after the sobering error of my notebook and the high level of adrenaline - but I couldn't use numbers and , sign (shift was trapped, try it once - you won't be able to send messages via MSN, you can't use the touchpad properly, etc.) Since that machine is dead, maybe water reached something important: when I switch it on, only power button is lighting and the cooler is working but I can't hear the HDD working and the screen is also black. I was planning to buy a new one but not in this way - with losing all my work files, music, pictures, games, useless excel files...

Now I'm writing from Böbszlee's PC (no Stunts) and hunting for a good notebook service. USC updates... well, as soon as possible.

zaqrack

best and cheapest service in town: www.laptopinfo.hu
the hdd data can be recovered anytime.

Chulk

Quote from: Krys TOFF on November 08, 2008, 10:01:30 AM
Who told you that the "coke" he was talking about was a liquid ? There is another kind of "coke" (the one that "don't lie", as Eric Clapton sang). ;D
He used the verb "Spill" which is used when talking about fluids... There's another verb for solids, I can't remeber it right now.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulk on November 08, 2008, 04:49:54 PM
Quote from: Krys TOFF on November 08, 2008, 10:01:30 AM
He used the verb "Spill" which is used when talking about fluids... There's another verb for solids, I can't remeber it right now.
I think the verb is "spread". ;)

BonzaiJoe

You guys are hallucinating  :) You can spill solids and fluids alike. Spreading is a conscious act.

About what it was I spilled: I'll just leave you guys to wonder about it!  ;)
But we can't be quite sure.

Duplode

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on November 08, 2008, 11:35:47 PM
You guys are hallucinating  :) You can spill solids and fluids alike. Spreading is a conscious act.

I can't recall exactly what verb the Chemistry lab guides use to describe the action of making a mess on balance surfaces with the powdered materials you were (supposed) to weigh. Maybe CTG (...) could provide insight on that  :)

CTG

I used "pour" verb. You know when you shake a bottle full of mineral water/champagne/beer and try to open, it will "explode" out of the bottle. That happened, nothing more, nothing less. ;)

Zak: thanks for the info!