News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

International Stunts Master 2009

Started by Mark L. Rivers, September 16, 2008, 05:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

Q-Track Preview

Less than three weeks to the Qualify session for ISM 2009! Let's go to discover what drivers who will take part are going to meet!  :)
Well, I think that a Qualify session in order to establish which drivers will be admitted to the Master has to be sure quite selective but not so hard, thinking also there will be only two weeks to reach the qualifying.
So I decided above all for an Indy race, the most popular car, in and out of Stunts community. But I designed a track where drivers will have to approach different tracts (PG, slides, clean drive) that demand a well-balanced skill.
Anyway, following the SDR's tradition, Q-Track will include unusual tracts, as important component in order to obtain an attractive and funny race. So expect a quite particular track... ;)
Finally, I think that Q-Track will be an engaging and funny stage in order to 1) define the participants of ISM 2009 and 2) savouring the taste of what drivers will find when the real contest will start. ;)

Mark L. Rivers

We are approaching the start of the Qualify for ISM 2009: less than 4 days to put the wheels of your Indy onto the Q-Track! The proper name of the track, following my current desire to celebrate my favourite songs ever, is Rejoice, a song sure very suitable (for the name and the rythm) in order of what drivers will find racing on this track...   :)

And, as previously declared, I'm asking privately to three drivers one letter to compose the official name of .TRK file that will be published on ISM 2009 site...  ;)

Stay tuned!  :)

Mark L. Rivers

Here we are: the Qualify session for ISM 2009 starts just now! Keep on mind that there will be only two updates correspondently at the two checkpoints (13th Dec 23:59:59 and 20th Dec 23:59:59) and that standings relieved will assign the Time Bonus in the following way:

First driver at every checkpoint will gain 1"50 bonus on his final time.
    Second driver at every checkpoint will gain 1"00 bonus on his final time.
    Third driver at every checkpoint will gain 0"50 bonus on his final time.

Above all, remember that only the fastest 80% of drivers (LTB included) will be admitted at the ISM 2009, until a maximum of 10 drivers. So think carefully to your strategies and tacticals in order to catch a ticket for the race that will start next 4th Jan 2009...  ;)

OK, it remains only to say: Gentlemen, start your engines!   :)

International Stunts Master 2009 - Official site

alanrotoi

are all the tracks like this Q-track?

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: alanrotoi on December 08, 2008, 10:45:26 AM
are all the tracks like this Q-track?

Absolutely no. As I wrote previously, this is only the track for the Qualify. A track I think suitable to establish the "starting grid" of the real race. First of all, for this Qualify session (only two weeks) I chose the most popular car inside and outside the Community. Beside this, I tried to realize a track not very hard, but a track that demanding a complete skill having to approach PG tracts, slides and clean drive.
The race (simultaneous race on three different tracks with three different cars) will be another hystory. Drivers who will be able to qualify, will find three various tracks, with different guide styles to apply, and three different car (no more Indy) absolutely suitable to make great races as it has been in the past two editions. Check here to read the final comments...  ;)

Start final comments ISM 2007

Start final comments ISM 2008

BonzaiJoe

Mark L. Rivers is usually one of the most creative track designers around, no need to fear boredom, Rotoi!
But we can't be quite sure.

Duplode

And not only what BJ said, but also Mark's tracks are pretty good ones to listen to...

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on December 03, 2008, 04:54:44 PM
The proper name of the track (...) is Rejoice,  (...)

I didn't knew this one either ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on December 08, 2008, 10:40:56 PM
And not only what BJ said, but also Mark's tracks are pretty good ones to listen to...

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on December 03, 2008, 04:54:44 PM
The proper name of the track (...) is Rejoice,  (...)

I didn't knew this one either ;)

Well, I like so much the "infinite" passage where drums create a suggestive and more and more alive atmosphere waiting for the liberating shout...

Mark L. Rivers

We are approaching the first checkpoint, exactly 48 hours to the first standings of this Qualify session for ISM 2009!
Who will choose to discover his cards in advance trying to catch the inviting Time Bonus reserved for the first three temporary positions? And who, instead, will renounce to the possibility to catch the Time Bonus waiting in order to see the first exits and have so some references? Moreover who will make clear his presence from the beginning and who will decide to appear only at the finish, with big surprise effect, thinking not to need Time Bonus help? Let's see!  :) 

Meanwhile I attached here my first replay for CP1! Sure, zipped and protected by password that I'll publish after the end of the Qualify...  ;)

Krys TOFF

Chulk

Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 11, 2008, 11:52:19 PM
I play open cards : replay sent. ;)
I will too, as soon as I finish a decent lap...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

I am undecided on whether the lap I just sent is any good or just average... guess we'll see it by Sunday  :)  After trying the track, it looks clear that Mark designed it as a qualifying trial from the beginning: big gaps on the final scoreboard are expected, the PG parts demand precise handling and the non-PG ones ask for some demanding judgment calls. Not exactly a relaxing ride, but it will serve its purpose well.

Chulk

I sent a 7 min replay. And I don't mean the time it took me but the actual lap time!  ;D

Mark L. Rivers

1st Checkpoint!

Well, seven drivers already on the track and first indicative answers! Check for comments and results by clicking on the image below!  :)

Chulk

I didn't expect more than a 4th of 5th place, but 15 secs is much more than what I thought would be the difference, have to improve a lot in order to secure my qualy...