News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts MOBILE? J2ME version of STUNTS is coming?

Started by netsoftware, December 14, 2008, 12:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want to play this game on mobile phone?

Yes! Of cource!!!
Yes!
May be... may be...
If I have nothing to do...
No... difenetly no! This game is not for mobile!

Nerd42

It would be lovely to see a multiplayer Stunts with original physics and old school graphics someday :)

kinda like the multiplayer wolfenstein idea suggested by john carmack in the wolf3d source release notes that has not yet been realized.

BonzaiJoe

Yes, we've had that dream for maybe 10 years, but it has transpired that nobody has the source code for Stunts, so it would have to be a totally new game.
But we can't be quite sure.

Duplode

Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 18, 2008, 03:20:50 PM
Best would be to have CP (checkpoint) possibility, but optionnal. That is, no CP required to make the track valid : just a start and a finish would be required. They could be the same place ("round" track), or different places (one-way track).
Then, adding CP is the choice of the track designer, in order to allow (or not) big shortcuts.
Well, it's my own opinion only. ;)

And mine too  ;) Ideally one would have two kinds of CPs, one that would be crossed only from a single direction (for regular tracks) and another that could be crossed by both directions (for off-road racing a la Z77, but if that's too hard just one kind could do fine. And of course, the possibility to have no CPs too...

Quote from: netsoftware
I don't know what Duplode meant, but automatic turbo boost when "nitro box" is full will bring limitations in track designing I think. How to take properly a sharp corner if turbo can't be stopped until nitro box is empty ?

Then you would have to spend your turbo before it blasts by itself  :) But in fact I'm forced to agree with you in that it could be a problem, and is quite superfluous unnecessary. It would be fine if the nitro just: a) had a max limit and b) waned slowly after being accumulated, so the player wouldn't be able to just hold it forever.

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on December 18, 2008, 07:12:04 PM
So... only NORH races!  :D ;)

;) That's the way to go...

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on December 18, 2008, 04:37:59 PM
You might want to make the handling easier for the mobile phone version, or people's arms will suffer.

(...even because doing RH on a cellphone would really harm people's wrists  ::))

netsoftware

WOW... Thanks everyone who responce...

We'll try to give you a multi-lap possibility
(for "round" tracks only of course)
    ;)

> Best would be to have CP (checkpoint) possibility, but
> optionnal. That is, no CP required to make the track valid
> just a start and a finish would be required.

I just mean this when I write above about freedom to drive...
And optional checkpoints is good idea...

> And mine too.   Ideally one would have two kinds of CPs,
> one that would be crossed only from a single direction
> (for regular tracks) and another that could be crossed
> by both directions And of course, the possibility to
> have no CPs too...

Good idea have two kinds of CPs... regular and crossroad...

thanks a lot!

> It would be fine if the nitro just: a) had a max limit
> and b) waned slowly after being accumulated, so the
> player wouldn't be able to just hold it forever.

About "nitro" you accumulate boost by completing tricks
and spend it by press X button... also nitor will automaticly
slowly disapears if you not using it...
to make people
spend it - not only collect... ;)

> You might want to make the handling easier for the
> mobile phone version, or people's arms will suffer.

Of cource we try to make it easy...

> But the next question is: what about replay handling?

> No replay handling I think. Just a replay viewing.

> So... only NORH races!

NoRH... or with replay handling... or something other...
I cant say right now for sure... but we want to make
a tricks with time...

> It would be lovely to see a multiplayer Stunts
> with original physics and old school graphics
> someday

Everithing is possible... but market must want this game...
Now games have a textured poligons and a lot of other things...
and if we make game totaly like Stunts we can fail in sales...
But during our game development I promice to make it
as close to Stunts as it'll be possible!
:)

> kinda like the multiplayer wolfenstein idea
> suggested by john carmack in the wolf3d source
> release notes that has not yet been realized.

About Bluetooth MP... may be it's possible... but only if
game get success and we make a next part of it...
becouse BT need a lot of work... and it's not very important
for people to choose our game from other... And also there is
a lot of work... and there is not enouth time/budget/etc...
so MP for mobile game is not a first thing to do...  ::)

> Yes, we've had that dream for maybe 10 years,
> but it has transpired that nobody has the source
> code foreplay handlingr Stunts, so it would have
> to be a totally new game.

Yes... I thinks so... It's bad when sources doesn't not keept...

DOES ANYONE HAVE MORE IDEAS? BE BRAVE TO TELL IT...
MAY BE YOU CAN HELP US MAKE GAMERS BE MORE HAPPY!  ;D

--
Nick,
NETSOFTWARE.
--
Nick,
NETSOFTWARE.

Krys TOFF

About "nitro" you accumulate boost by completing tricks
and spend it by press X button... also nitor will automaticly
slowly disapears if you not using it...
to make people
spend it - not only collect... ;)
Perfect.

Now games have a textured poligons and a lot of other things...
and if we make game totaly like Stunts we can fail in sales...
But during our game development I promice to make it
as close to Stunts as it'll be possible!
:)
Perfect again.

What about other ideas I suggested like under-hill roads ? Or, at least, tunnel corners ?

BonzaiJoe

Extra levels of elevation... Stunts only has two levels.

Also, think in gameplay modes of course: if you make opponents, some of them must be a lot better than the ones in Stunts. Perhaps some different kind of challenges you can try? But of course pure racing for the high score list is the core of Stunts.

A good deal of my love for Stunts has come from playing it side by side with friends, taking turns to try a track and get the best score. Later, the online competitions have come. I think if I always had to play it all alone, I would have stopped playing many years ago. I don't know if it's possible somehow to make the game more social on mobile phones.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on December 19, 2008, 11:40:32 AM
I don't know if it's possible somehow to make the game more social on mobile phones.

...with online multiplayer mode, without sudden crash, rather damage ratio... ;)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on December 19, 2008, 11:45:06 AM
Quote from: BonzaiJoe on December 19, 2008, 11:40:32 AM
I don't know if it's possible somehow to make the game more social on mobile phones.

...with online multiplayer mode, without sudden crash, rather damage ratio... ;)
And let's add that crash put nitro amount back to zero. ;)

Chulk

How did I miss this topic for so long? I just saw it when I voted (May be... May be...) and then iddn't see it! Great ideas you have guys and if they re made true, I'd love to play it (if it can be ran in a rather old Motorola V220  ;))
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

netsoftware

Hi, everyone!

QuoteWhat about other ideas I suggested like under-hill roads? Or, at least, tunnel corners?
When I've got disign doc, I'll propose you all tracks features... list of all road elemets... OK? ;)

QuoteExtra levels of elevation... Stunts only has two levels.
I'm not sure it will be userfull to make maps and make engine if we use more levels... it's make some difficults for map design... what easy for PC hard on MOBILE... so... I'm not sure... and not sure it's make such big fun as make big problems...

QuoteAlso, think in gameplay modes of course: if you make opponents, some of them must be a lot better than the ones in Stunts. Perhaps some different kind of challenges you can try? But of course pure racing for the high score list is the core of Stunts.
About opponents... it's possible, but about AI can't say nothing... we try make some AI personalities with different skills if it will be possible to do...
Different kind of challenges - what do you like?

QuoteA good deal of my love for Stunts has come from playing it side by side with friends, taking turns to try a track and get the best score. Later, the online competitions have come. I think if I always had to play it all alone, I would have stopped playing many years ago. I don't know if it's possible somehow to make the game more social on mobile phones.
Can you tell, how to make the game more social on mobile phones? Online scores ratings? Online multiplayer impossible becouse of networks problems... it's imposible to do about lags... (even TrackMania don't done this, waht to say about networks of mobile operators...)

Quote...with online multiplayer mode, without sudden crash, rather damage ratio...
It's impossible! We have one online game (http://www.inside-me.com) - but to make it real time online - we have to made special server and protocol and some changes in gameplay... but lags get us even in this situation! :(

QuoteAnd let's add that crash put nitro amount back to zero.
Crash put nitro amount back to zero is a good idea... will divenetly must try it... ;)

Hey.... fans... whrere are you? Have anything to say, or ideas?  :o

Nick.
--
Nick,
NETSOFTWARE.

Krys TOFF

QuoteA good deal of my love for Stunts has come from playing it side by side with friends, taking turns to try a track and get the best score. Later, the online competitions have come. I think if I always had to play it all alone, I would have stopped playing many years ago. I don't know if it's possible somehow to make the game more social on mobile phones.
Can you tell, how to make the game more social on mobile phones? Online scores ratings? Online multiplayer impossible becouse of networks problems... it's imposible to do about lags... (even TrackMania don't done this, waht to say about networks of mobile operators...)
Let's say a code system. Race finished generates a code that contains track info (name mainly I think), car used, opponent if there's one or no opponent, and, of course, the time.

This system exists for Moto pipsqueak DS for example.
Problem will be with user-designed track... Best would be to have possibility to save track and replay on phone's micro-SD (or another card, depending of phone brand) card, then it's easy to transfert it to PC through USB connection of the phone and share them.

Also, a monthly new official NetSoftware track released for free download and added on the official website would make then an official competition and would bring people on your website, where you can post ads for your other phone games. I'm sure some of us would be happy to design tracks for you, at least I would be. ;)

Crash put nitro amount back to zero is a good idea... will divenetly must try it... ;)
My pleasure Nick. ;)

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: netsoftware on December 20, 2008, 07:21:39 PM
Hi, everyone!

QuoteWhat about other ideas I suggested like under-hill roads? Or, at least, tunnel corners?
When I've got disign doc, I'll propose you all tracks features... list of all road elemets... OK? ;)

QuoteExtra levels of elevation... Stunts only has two levels.
I'm not sure it will be userfull to make maps and make engine if we use more levels... it's make some difficults for map design... what easy for PC hard on MOBILE... so... I'm not sure... and not sure it's make such big fun as make big problems...

QuoteAlso, think in gameplay modes of course: if you make opponents, some of them must be a lot better than the ones in Stunts. Perhaps some different kind of challenges you can try? But of course pure racing for the high score list is the core of Stunts.
About opponents... it's possible, but about AI can't say nothing... we try make some AI personalities with different skills if it will be possible to do...
Different kind of challenges - what do you like?

I'm not sure, but you could look at the "Stunts Career" subforum (developed by Krys TOFF). Maybe there are some ideas there.

Online score rankings is a great idea for a start. And competitions like ours! See "http://stunts.hu/zak/"

Quote...with online multiplayer mode, without sudden crash, rather damage ratio...
It's impossible! We have one online game (http://www.inside-me.com) - but to make it real time online - we have to made special server and protocol and some changes in gameplay... but lags get us even in this situation! :(

Something which was once popular in the Stunts community was "Live Racing" - we met in a chatroom, someone made a track, uploaded it and then we had 10 minutes to drive as well as possible (noRH or RH, mostly noRH), and send back a replay to the host. The host then published our finishing times in the chatroom. Maybe something like that could be done.

Hey.... fans... whrere are you? Have anything to say, or ideas?  :o

Nick.

Hi :)

netsoftware

QuoteLet's say a code system. Race finished generates a code that contains track info (name mainly I think), car used, opponent if there's one or no opponent, and, of course, the time.
Race finished generates a code that contains data and send it to online server to total scoresboard?

QuoteThis system exists for Moto pipsqueak DS for example.
I don't hear about it? What is this? And I can't find anything about even on Google...  :o

QuoteProblem will be with user-designed track... Best would be to have possibility to save track and replay on phone's micro-SD (or another card, depending of phone brand) card, then it's easy to transfert it to PC through USB connection of the phone and share them.
I'm sure there will be quite small amount of people with will do something like this... belive me, mobile gamers is a big difference to PC games... and CONSOLE gamers... and MicriSD, USB... a lot of mobiles are still on a stoneage... so...

QuoteAlso, a monthly new official NetSoftware track released for free download and added on the official website would make then an official competition and would bring people on your website, where you can post ads for your other phone games. I'm sure some of us would be happy to design tracks for you, at least I would be.
Your idea about monthly new official NETSOFTWARE track released for free download is nice! I think about something like this, but there is a problems with all ecosystem of mobile tracks download and keeping in mobile memory... so we will discuss it but still can't say anything for sure...

Quoteand added on the official website would make then an official competition and would bring people on your website
Official competition would bring people on our website? Hahaaa... do you realy think it's gona work on mobile games? I hope so...

QuoteDifferent kind of challenges - what do you like?
I'm not sure, but you could look at the "Stunts Career" subforum (developed by Krys TOFF). Maybe there are some ideas there.
I can't find "Stunts Career" subforum - can you help me, please...  ???

QuoteCan you tell, how to make the game more social on mobile phones? Online scores ratings?
Online score rankings is a great idea for a start. And competitions like ours! See "http://stunts.hu/zak/"
Online score rankings is possible... we have it on our www.inside-me.com - but here it will be more difficult, couse there is a lot of options to compare and keep...

QuoteSomething which was once popular in the Stunts community was "Live Racing" - we met in a chatroom, someone made a track, uploaded it and then we had 10 minutes to drive as well as possible (noRH or RH, mostly noRH), and send back a replay to the host. The host then published our finishing times in the chatroom. Maybe something like that could be done.
It's impossible for mobile... it's not good idea to make something big - just for few people use it several times... couse mobile sending of replays it's not an easy to do... I think online scoretable is more userfull and clear to unddarstanding... imho...

Big thanks for everyone,
who keep helping us...

Nick.
--
Nick,
NETSOFTWARE.

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: netsoftware on December 21, 2008, 03:33:22 PM

Look here: http://forum.stunts.hu/index.php?topic=1803.0  ;)

And you're welcome, of course

Krys TOFF

QuoteLet's say a code system. Race finished generates a code that contains track info (name mainly I think), car used, opponent if there's one or no opponent, and, of course, the time.
Race finished generates a code that contains data and send it to online server to total scoresboard?

QuoteThis system exists for Moto pipsqueak DS for example.
I don't hear about it? What is this? And I can't find anything about even on Google...  :o
Logical. :D
I wrote moto r*a*c*e*r but the word r*a*c*e*r is automatically modified in pipsqueak but the forum engine, it's a joke from Zak.

Game image, see the code on top screen of the DS :

Official website (http://www.motoracer.eu/fr/worldwide-ranking/) : enlist, type the code and you're in the worldranking list :

QuoteAlso, a monthly new official NetSoftware track released for free download and added on the official website would make then an official competition and would bring people on your website, where you can post ads for your other phone games. I'm sure some of us would be happy to design tracks for you, at least I would be.
Your idea about monthly new official NETSOFTWARE track released for free download is nice! I think about something like this, but there is a problems with all ecosystem of mobile tracks download and keeping in mobile memory... so we will discuss it but still can't say anything for sure...
It should be technically possible for modern phones that have RAM (microSD for most of them, memory stick duo for Sony, ...). And if track infos are only id of track element and coordinates on the landscape grid, it should be a very small download (a few kb). Goal is to have a very small file and that game engine recreate the track from it.

Quoteand added on the official website would make then an official competition and would bring people on your website
Official competition would bring people on our website? Hahaaa... do you realy think it's gona work on mobile games? I hope so...
Anyway, people who play on mobile phones only are very versatile, this idea would help the game staying a "keeper" and not a play and erase game like many others. Goal is to create a fan basis that will keep playing at least 1 year after the game launch, which would be an exploit for a phone game I think.
Also, maybe 1 month is too long. As you said, phone players are very different from PC players. Let's say a track each 2 weeks. ;D

It's in "Krys Toff's competitions" part of the forum. The main idea is to combine a story with Stunts. Like Race Driver 2 for example. Races are linked together with a story, cars and tracks are unlocked progresively.

QuoteCan you tell, how to make the game more social on mobile phones? Online scores ratings?
Online score rankings is possible... we have it on our www.inside-me.com - but here it will be more difficult, couse there is a lot of options to compare and keep...
So, here comes back the code system idea (see above).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the title of the ZCT242 track, from ZakStunts season 2021?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview