News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Updates and new stuff in 2009

Started by zaqrack, December 19, 2008, 08:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

ok, I managed to raise the car sizes by 30%. That was the most I could do.
I'll also try resizing the smaller cars (carrera, lancia, audi) to fill their image size.

CTG

Two mistakes:

1, News archives are not working

2, Tracks section: Lightbulb track picture instead of Heartbeat at Z91

zaqrack

Duplode

There are also some quirks at "Sent Replays" pages - pre-2008 lists won't load, and 2009 stats aren't available.
But anyway: the graphical scoreboard is VERY cool!!  8)

zaqrack

Krys TOFF

Weird bug happens, probably caused by the new graphical scoreboard (nice addition to the website), when you click on the "older posts" part of the right chat while watching the scoreboard page. See attached picture Zak.

Friker

Quote from: Krys TOFF on February 05, 2009, 06:41:23 PM
Weird bug happens, probably caused by the new graphical scoreboard (nice addition to the website), when you click on the "older posts" part of the right chat while watching the scoreboard page. See attached picture Zak.

this error can be triggered by many ways! and its quite annoying.
Next announcement i have - sending replay & getting info from replay is quite.. strange. i mean there could be some 'limit time' and quicker replays could not be allowed (ive sent bad replay w/ crash, there is LTB for unreal time etc.). getting info from replay or testing integrity of replay - i think all is known but you can add 'crash blocker' - all replays with crash have more then 20 bytes of '00' at the end (exactly 0x50 = 80). testing terrain if there is no change not only a name of track (replays from bad track :) ).. ill do a program with these feature some day.. :) offtopic question: does PHP support return value from application (error code)? or is it possible to run application from PHP and then check its return value?

zaqrack

Quote from: Krys TOFF on February 05, 2009, 06:41:23 PM

A variable was not passed. Fixed it. If you experience this at other links, please notify me.

zaqrack

Quote from: Friker on February 18, 2009, 12:21:22 PM
. i mean there could be some 'limit time' and quicker replays could not be allowed (ive sent bad replay w/ crash, there is LTB for unreal time etc.). getting info from replay or testing integrity of replay - i think all is known but you can add 'crash blocker' - all replays with crash have more then 20 bytes of '00' at the end (exactly 0x50 = 80). testing terrain if there is no change not only a name of track (replays from bad track :) ).. ill do a program with these feature some day.. :) offtopic question: does PHP support return value from application (error code)? or is it possible to run application from PHP and then check its return value?

There was a check for "quick" replays but now it is not present. I'll reimplement it later.
Byte check (crash, track mod, etc.) caused problems, so it's not implemented currently in the stable version. Will work on it later when I'll find some time coding.
Until then, manual correction of the database stays as the main method. I did it right now, no more LTB for unreal time :)

zaqrack

some stats on the newbie guide:

google analytics is set to measure how many users complete reading the newbie guide since 1st July, 2009

98 visitors clicked through the whole guide, step by step
on the other hand, 88% of the users started reading the guide but abandoned at some point.

some general stats, since the 1st of June, 2009:

stunts.hu:
5962 visits, from this new visitors: 66.84% average time on site: 26 seconds, bounce rate (leaves without a click): 92.24%
funny fact: on september 21st the daily visitor number jumped 10 times the usual value, 256 visitors, 95% from US or Canada, 80% from stumbleupon.com -thats how much a good link matters.  :)

zak.stunts.hu:
13019 visits, from this new visitors: 24.56%, average time on site: 16 minutes 37 seconds!!!!, bounce rate: 39.86%
funny fact: in October the visit counter doubled its values - ZCT100 brought serious attention to the site.

forum.stunts.hu:
15651 visits, from this new visitors: 30.66%,  average time on site: 6 minutes 4 seconds, bounce rate: 37.61%

wiki.stunts.hu:
2820 visits, from this new visitors: 71.21% (nice!!!), average time on site: 4 minutes 20 seconds, bounce rate: 45.07%

Duplode

Some nice numbers there! ZakStunts and the Wiki seem very healthy. Only the portal seems to be heavily underused on its current format, with 90%+ bounces. Rearranging the page to add some brief "landing page" text (one or two-liners explaining the point of Stunts, competitions, forum and wiki) could help.

Quote from: zaqrack on March 01, 2010, 03:46:18 PM
on the other hand, 88% of the users started reading the guide but abandoned at some point.

Attention span...  ::) Maybe adding a new page between "Welcome pipsqueak!" and "Install the Game" with a bullet point summary of the guide (each point having about two lines and links both to the other pages of the guide and the appropriate track/car/submission pages) would encourage people to try and start racing. Of course it would also mean more illegal replays due to people never reading the whole guide, but still...  :)

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: Duplode on March 01, 2010, 04:18:23 PM
Some nice numbers there! ZakStunts and the Wiki seem very healthy. Only the portal seems to be heavily underused on its current format, with 90%+ bounces. Rearranging the page to add some brief "landing page" text (one or two-liners explaining the point of Stunts, competitions, forum and wiki) could help.

Quote from: zaqrack on March 01, 2010, 03:46:18 PM

Attention span...  ::) Maybe adding a new page between "Welcome pipsqueak!" and "Install the Game" with a bullet point summary of the guide (each point having about two lines and links both to the other pages of the guide and the appropriate track/car/submission pages) would encourage people to try and start racing. Of course it would also mean more illegal replays due to people never reading the whole guide, but still...  :)

Maybe just less text and less steps (or make it seem like there are less steps by merging some of them)
But we can't be quite sure.