News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Competition 2009: who will win?

Started by BonzaiJoe, January 05, 2009, 01:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overdrijf

Quote from: CTG on March 04, 2009, 10:53:20 AM
Quote from: Overdrijf on March 04, 2009, 10:43:40 AM
If Ayrton decides to keep racing he will very likely win, but there is a catch. He will, because of the new rules, likely have to race some tracks without using powergear. There are four cars with powergear. Now let's say Ayrton uses one of them to win the race (as he usual does), then the next race it will get a negative bonus, last time this was -13%. Now he (and everyone else, for the sake of the argument) doesn't touch the car for 3 races in which it recovers 2+3+4=9%, then the next time he uses the same car it will have less bonus, meaning he will race with worse cars as the season progresses. You can therefor now place your bets, how many races can he win without switching away from powergear? 2 full seasons? 3 perhaps?

You forget something: Ayrton can win with all the cars. Okay, maybe a not so tricky Acura track or a pure, USC-style IMSA race can be his "weak" point. No clue about LM002 but we won't ever have a race with that...

I have absolutely no doubt he can, I just said he'll have to.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on March 04, 2009, 11:29:36 AM
I don't see why we should expect that he has a weak point. He's probably fantastic in IMSA cars.

That's why I said "weak" point and not weak point. :D IMSA races are mainly based on cornering speed and less tricks (in good case :D), there's not so much possibility to make incredible tricks (okay, not counting Z41) - a chance to catch him. On the other hand a very fast, not so tricky Acura track was the last one when I could beat him in Zakstunts...

BonzaiJoe

Actually, last time I beat him in Zakstunts was with Acura too (ZCT55), and I was just 0.15 away on ZCT66 that you speak of. Maybe Acura is his weak point  :D 

Okay I also beat him on ZCT63, but he's proven his Countach abilities later. But then again, ZCT81 also showed nice Acura abilities.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Quote from: CTG on January 05, 2009, 08:27:55 AM
Duplode 35%

Duplode 100%. ;D I felt he's the pipsqueak of the year. Although he (and none of us) still couldn't beat Ayrton when he started. Maybe next year.

BonzaiJoe

Congratulations on the victory Duplode!!  I think it speaks to your credit that the win was so safe and expected by now that it's not a hot news stuff. Still, this is a very well-deserved and fast entry into the perhaps biggest Stunts hall-of-fame.

Now keep throwing those fabulous stunts! You're still not Ayrton yet  ;)
But we can't be quite sure.