News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT 94 - Cottage Cheese

Started by zaqrack, March 31, 2009, 09:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

so, what do you think? I have no clue about the car yet...

Overdrijf

Beforehand I'dd have guessed there would be at least some 962 drivers, but having seen the track I'm not so sure anymore. There might be quite some cars able to take this race, as long as the driver has the skills.

CTG

Audi, Lancia, Nissan, Corvette, Acura...

CTG

Quote from: CTG on March 31, 2009, 09:46:52 PM

Acura and/or Skyline on the podium, but it's quite easy to make 6-10th place replays with LM002, even for newbies.

Overdrijf

Quote from: CTG on April 23, 2009, 05:29:36 PM

Acura and/or Skyline on the podium, but it's quite easy to make 6-10th place replays with LM002, even for newbies.
Means I must use skylinwe to steal Doc's 5th place then...

CTG

Quote from: Overdrijf on April 23, 2009, 05:47:20 PM

I'm afraid he also has some goals like stealing my 2nd place. :D

Overdrijf

Quote from: CTG on April 23, 2009, 05:58:26 PM
Quote from: Overdrijf on April 23, 2009, 05:47:20 PM

In that case he need to dump that car. Otherwise he doesn't stick to your prediction.
I'm afraid he also has some goals like stealing my 2nd place. :D

BonzaiJoe

The month is closing in, and the race is open once again - scattered replays dropping in, top remaining still, ready for the final struggle.

If Ayrton returns, he can still win the season. If it's his plan to race every other race, we can expect a replay soon.

And what is to become of the re-appearance of Dottore? Is he going to prove that he is not CTG's ghost? I have a feeling it was a one-off replay. Some people have the Stunts enthusiasm and others don't. Sometimes it goes into hibernation for a while and then comes back, sometimes it is gone for good. pipsqueaks have risen, stood in the arch of their sunlight on the top of the scoreboard, and then fallen away forever, sometimes making sporadic reappearances because of nostalgia, habit forgetting the absence of the spirit.

How long can the breakthrough of Friker and Overdrijf into the true Stunts elite be delayed? When will they lose their inhibitions and play to win? The knowledge that victory is at hand makes the intense extra work on the racetrack possible. When will they know they can win if they want to? It's about finishing the track faster than the others. If you are slower, you are not faster. If you are faster, you have won. You are a winner. In this small room in the tangled world you are the celebrity you will never be under the open sky.

Are we living a parenthesis in history, impatiently waiting to be forgotten, or is every month a verse in an epic that will live again and again and again with pride as age fails to truly dim the light? 

ZCT94 is one of the first one hundred Zakstunts tracks. The year 94 A.D. was one of the first 100 years of our current time scale. Where are we in history? Pavekiller and the rest of us, archeologists always uncovering the future at the same speed, always predicting what we will find further on. Trying to find out where we stand and forgetting that we have already moved...

Who will win this race? Time will tell. - Time will tell us many a thing, but if we stand and listen to time, time will kill us. There is no way to walk but in darkness.
But we can't be quite sure.

Overdrijf

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on April 25, 2009, 07:10:03 PM
How long can the breakthrough of Friker and Overdrijf into the true Stunts elite be delayed? When will they lose their inhibitions and play to win? The knowledge that victory is at hand makes the intense extra work on the racetrack possible. When will they know they can win if they want to? It's about finishing the track faster than the others. If you are slower, you are not faster. If you are faster, you have won. You are a winner. In this small room in the tangled world you are the celebrity you will never be under the open sky.

Have you ever heard of Johan Cruijff by chance? Probably not, but you sound just like him here. :)

BonzaiJoe

Also the last line?  :)

I have heard of him though, but only know that he was a top football player and he played for FC Barcelona if I'm not much mistaken...

Overdrijf

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on April 26, 2009, 10:55:08 AM
Also the last line?  :)

I have heard of him though, but only know that he was a top football player and he played for FC Barcelona if I'm not much mistaken...

No, the last line not really.
Yes, he was a football player, in his days. Today he is a football analyst, he gained national faim for saying stuff like "every disadvantage has its advantage of course, but that's logical" (freely translated). The slower faster line is something he could have said, or somebody parodising him. :)

BonzaiJoe

It was a stating of that which is so obvious that, in our impatient quest for the borders of our understanding, we often forget to keep it in our thoughts, even if it's much more important than those borders where things take shape.  :)

Either that or it was actually an attempt to bury a different meaning implicitly in the over-obvious words (because the reader will expect every part to have a meaning at a certain level of complexity, and thus specifically look for implicit meaning in over-obvious parts like that, which don't seem to reach that level of complexity).

CTG

From now it's Duplode vs Bonzai Joe (vs Ayrton?). I finished racing, my last time is sent in hidden mode, minor improvement compared to the published one.

Loopcut with Nissan is damned hard, I couldn't complete it without finishing in the water (that would mean 1.5-2 seconds improvement).

Overdrijf

And now it's just hoping for a nice fast track. Something we can use a bit of 962 on before discovering that thanks to a nice powergear-path the acura is the fastest car.

CTG

Quote from: Overdrijf on April 30, 2009, 05:24:52 PM
And now it's just hoping for a nice fast track. Something we can use a bit of 962 on before discovering that thanks to a nice powergear-path the acura is the fastest car.

Well... Z95 won't be that fast. :D