News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Zólyom (USC 66)

Started by CTG, April 29, 2009, 11:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

And the last one of the season with Porsche March Indy... Coming soon!

CTG

Line is ready, only the additional design is left. It will be a bit long, but fast and easy one with quite a lot of powergear - and even more water... ;)

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on May 08, 2009, 10:08:03 PM
Line is ready, only the additional design is left. It will be a bit long, but fast and easy one with quite a lot of powergear - and even more water... ;)

Thumbs up!  ;)

CTG

Track name: Zólyom
Designer: CTG
Car: Porsche March Indy
Difficulty: 3.5/5 (yes, it became a bit harder compared to the original version)
Predicted winning time: 1:23.00
Deadline: 31st May 2009, midnight

Mark L. Rivers

Related to this comment:

I downloaded the track yesterday morning and I'm studying it. Sure I don't want to affect in whatever way the classification, but if I succed to remove a bit of rust, maybe I could make something good, that is what I'm searching for... :)
Initially, I had thought to send a replay in the last day, but it seemed me bad not to advice in advance about my presence: a challenge has to be lived since the beginning... ;)

BonzaiJoe

The conspiracy is beginning to take shape!!  :D Welcome back again Mark. Maybe we can have a really good race. I have exams  :-X
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

It's great to hear such a good pipsqueak wants to come back!

Damn, I should have driven 0.20 seconds faster in the last race to avoid the conspiracy! ;D

Duplode

All I need to say is:  :) :) ;)

CTG

IMPORTANT! Tonight I'm going to re-install my OS because of some strange errors appeared with the video card and the built-in webcam. If these problems are based on software mistakes then two days without update from now. If it's with the hardware (hopefully not)... well... a bit more (1-2 weeks). In this case I'll publish the times here like I did in November/December.

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on May 13, 2009, 09:31:02 PM
IMPORTANT! Tonight I'm going to re-install my OS because of some strange errors appeared with the video card and the built-in webcam.

Are you having video errors only when using the webcam (not that bad) or are you having two separate issues at once ( :-X)?

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on May 14, 2009, 12:32:07 AM
Quote from: CTG on May 13, 2009, 09:31:02 PM
IMPORTANT! Tonight I'm going to re-install my OS because of some strange errors appeared with the video card and the built-in webcam.
Are you having video errors only when using the webcam (not that bad) or are you having two separate issues at once ( :-X)?

Re-install postponed a bit. Few weeks ago the video card controller started to send error messages after every reboots. Then came the other problem, seems to be a separate one: another error message saying some kind of disorder with an unidentified hardware's connection - after that webcam became invisible for the system (tried to re-install the driver, no success). Since that a third problem appeared with battery (imagine how nervous I was about it), 3-3.5 hours with one charge was falling heavily in the last 24 hours to 20 minutes, diagnostic program said I have to replace it with a new one (it said the cells are damaged with extremely low storage capacity). This last one was solved: removing and putting back battery - and magic happens: it works again normally (probably it lost the contact a bit).

CTG

The battery error is back after a good 3 hours period... :-\ Service will be visited tomorrow, hopefully they can solve the problems fast enough.

Edit: after some pushing-pulling, it seems to work again. My guess is some kind of deformation at the contact part - it must move away a bit when it says the battery is almost dead. It said: 10% charge, few minutes later 70%, then switched it off, pushing a few millimeters, restarted system and then it says the battery is full, I have 3 hours 27 minutes left with that. However, I have to show it to the service.

CTG

Official: no own computer at least for a week, it's in the service now. They said something must be wrong with motherboard...

CTG

Quote from: CTG on May 14, 2009, 05:01:20 PM
Official: no own computer at least for a week, it's in the service now. They said something must be wrong with motherboard...

Got it back earlier, but service saga continues: since the covering was opened for the repair, keyboard is not fixed perfectly - the left upper corner with Esc, F1-F4, etc. is instable. Going back to make them fix it (hopefully it will be a few minutes work for them), update in the afternoon.

CTG

Quote from: CTG on May 18, 2009, 09:48:11 AM
Quote from: CTG on May 14, 2009, 05:01:20 PM

Got it back earlier, but service saga continues: since the covering was opened for the repair, keyboard is not fixed perfectly - the left upper corner with Esc, F1-F4, etc. is instable. Going back to make them fix it (hopefully it will be a few minutes work for them), update in the afternoon.

Hopefully the last message about computer issues, crossing fingers: it is fixed. Installing Namo Webeditor soon to update the site.